Unable to unsubscribe / unauthorized payments / faulty controller

Discus and support Unable to unsubscribe / unauthorized payments / faulty controller in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Time frame incident 1 game pass for console 14 Free trail started 3/26/2018 Begin charges 4/18/2018 till 8/12/2019 Can be seen as failed payment on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ——-__1, Jan 25, 2022.

1. ——-__1
    ——-__1 Guest

Time frame incident 1 game pass for console

14 Free trail started 3/26/2018

Begin charges 4/18/2018 till 8/12/2019

Can be seen as failed payment on 9/9/2019

Time frame incident 2

Can be seen as Cancelled Xbox live gold 1 month subscription on 9/12/2019

Store bought 1 year Xbox live subscription $60 entered/started on 9/26/2019

Unauthorized payments started Xbox live 1 month gold subscription $10 a month from 9/25/2020 till 11/25/2020

Can be seen as failed payment 1 month Xbox live gold subscription on 12/25/2020

Side note I have made no purchases of any kind past this point as I do not trust them anymore to hold up to date card information as they might start charging me for something I didn’t authorize or I might not be able to cancel a subscription

Information incident 1

I got the game pass for console 14 day free trial I could not cancel it since I couldn’t sign into Microsoft online as I couldn’t remember my password at the time and if I remember correctly there was no option to cancel on Xbox or they were trying to have me go online to cancel but I didn’t know my password.

So after 18 months my mom notices it looking through bills and goes to the bank after talking to me about since I told her I couldn’t find a way to cancel it. It can be seen as a failed payment.

Information Incident 2

I had a 1 month subscription starting around the same time I got the game pass for console and since my mom was paying for it she wanted the $10 a month option as it would be easier to make that payment but at the time stated above I canceled it because of a few reasons 1 I was gonna start paying for my own Xbox live 2 my mom wouldn’t have to pay $10 a month $120 a year and I could get a 1 year subscription for $60 and 3 I could renew my subscription on my own time especially since I would be paying for it and I started using my Xbox less. At the time stated above I entered a store bought year membership fast forward to the end of that and at the time stated above unauthorized 1 month subscription at $10 a month started a day before my year membership ended. Since it was unauthorized I had no idea they were being made so I didn’t cancel it on my Xbox as I wasn’t really using it as stated about I was starting to use my Xbox less. So fast forward to the time stated above my mom notices these payments and goes through the bank to cancel rather than me do it on my console since I had no idea nor did I authorize these payments. She later talked to me about and that’s how I found out. These payments could’ve gone on forever… so you can again at the time stated above see payment failed

Subscriptions

The subscription are not as easy to cancel as they are to sign up for at least for the game pass for console at the time and the Xbox live subscription payments were unauthorized nor did I have any knowledge of them and they started a day before my year subscription should have ended.

Controller information

Also side note I know they settled this in court somewhat but I have a wireless controller not under warranty that works perfectly fine except it can’t connect to the console unless I plug it in no matter what I try…. It’s a wireless controller it should be able to connect especially since it works just fine plugged in… bottom line if I would’ve know this would happen I wouldn’t have bought a $60 controller that’s wireless and have to buy batteries for it unless plugged in which it has to be now since it can’t connect no matter what I do and the controller didnt come with a cord so I had to find a usb c cord in a drawer that’s a foot or two long... Instead I would’ve bought the $30 wired controller for half the price if I knew I’d be getting a wired controller down the line from my wireless controller and the wired controller cord would be significantly longer than the cord I’m using. I’ve never had this happen before I have owned an Xbox 360 with multiple controllers and I have an Xbox one with 1 wired controller I bought when I bought the console that eventually stopped working cause of the cord and then a wireless one I bought that is having these issues before and after their updates and everything else they told me to try hasn’t worked. So I am stuck with a $60 controller plugged in with a 2 foot cord out of drawer when I should’ve just bought a wired one instead but how could I know this controller would work and then one day not be able to connect and have to be plugged for it work.

:)

——-__1, Jan 25, 2022
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Unable to to unsubscribe / unauthorized payments / faulty controller

Hi! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

In regards of your suscriptions, a suscription it's not a one time service, and during the purchase system mentions that after the payment period you will get charged for similar periods, that's how any suscription service works, and they are really easy to cancel if you try to do it before the renewal date

Here is how to cancel a subscription

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/subscriptio...

About the controller, have you tested the controller in other devices? You tried to reset the console? How long since the purchase of the controller?
  3. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Regarding the fact that you where a minor, Microsoft has the proper parent controls options in order to avoid this situations
  4. ——-__1 Win User

My brother and I shared an xbox and a Xbox360 till it got the ring of death then we got our own 360 consoles. He upgraded to the ps4 instead of the Xbox one and has since got the ps5 sadly I got the Xbox one first before he got a ps4 and I’m at the point where I’m gonna get a ps5 or save for a gaming computer.
  5. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Unable to to unsubscribe / unauthorized payments / faulty controller

Will be better if you dont have 2 post's as the information will be duplicate
  6. ——-__1 Win User

I had ended the subscription for Xbox live for sure and for Xbox game pass for console is it legal to not provide options to end said lease in this case on a month to month basis the lease refreshes but I couldn’t cancel it during or at the end of said lease. With a reasonable option to cancel compared to signing the said lease.
Thema:

1. Unable to unsubscribe / unauthorized payments / faulty controller - Similar Threads - Unable unsubscribe unauthorized

2. Since the update on April 10th/11th, unable to record any game clips

in XBoX on Consoles
    Since the update on April 10th/11th, unable to record any game clips: Hi, Since update 10.0.25398.4086 (xb_flt_2404zn.240402-1830), my Xbox One is not able to record anything. [Description of how it looks] When I try to record, sometimes I get a pop up saying...
  3. Unable to connect to Xbox live through backwards compatibility.

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to connect to Xbox live through backwards compatibility.: As the title reads, I’m unable to connect to Xbox live through backwards compatibility through Xbox 360. The issue started yesterday and I just thought the servers were down but it turns out it...
  4. Unable to start Xbox app on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to start Xbox app on PC: Greetings! Since roughly 2 weeks ago I am unable to start the Xbox PC app and thus unable to access any games through my gamepass. The problem shown is the following: Upon starting up the Xbox...
  5. On the Xbox app I have this error "0x80070426" which makes it unable for me to update the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    On the Xbox app I have this error "0x80070426" which makes it unable for me to update the...: [img] I have tried reinstalling the Xbox app, Gaming services and even the Microsoft Store. The only windows update I need is the 2024-01 Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based...
  6. why am i unable to right click on games?

in XBoX on Windows
    why am i unable to right click on games?: so before this issue, i was trying to fix the game bar not running in background and then shortcuts not working. but after i fixed them suddenly whenever i right click on a game in my game library...
  7. Unable to access audio settings

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to access audio settings: So I just connected my razer nari ultimate to my xbox series s and im unable to access my audio settings (mic monitoring, headset chat mixer and headset volume) and I was just wondering if there's...
  8. Xbox unable to connect to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox unable to connect to internet: I have a xbox 360 with me and I have been trying to connect to xbox live for past couple of months but have failed miserably. It is showing ICMP error each time I try and connect and have no clue...
  9. Unabl to connect withe the showr

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unabl to connect withe the showr: I am connected think internet but I can't connect to Xbox Live a4ab5347-082b-4647-98f3-18bb62387b21
  10. Unable to log in. Error 0x89235107

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to log in. Error 0x89235107: After searching as far as possible on the internet about the error, I could not fix the problem with XBOX login on PC. I cannot launch any game I have installed. Please, help...