Unable to transfer gamertag

Discus and support Unable to transfer gamertag in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I'm currently trying to transfer my gamertag "HorizonsLive" (which is linked to an old hotmail account) to this account. The thing is, I've... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NuageEau5344107, Dec 19, 2015.

1. Unable to transfer gamertag

Hello,

I'm currently trying to transfer my gamertag "HorizonsLive" (which is linked to an old hotmail account) to this account.

The thing is, I've already a random gamertag on this one (not created on purpose, I've probably done something that automatically created it).

I've followed the transfer protocol, and tried to move the gamertag of this account on two different microsoft accounts (one created just for this operation), but it always end up with the message "Sorry, we can't change your Microsoft account right now".

It's been several weeks now that I try to move it, and it's begining to drive me crazy that you can't simply change the account associated to your gamertag !

What should I do ? Could anyone help me with this ?

Thank you !

:)

NuageEau5344107, Dec 19, 2015
  2. stubbs99
    stubbs99 Guest
    Transferring disc exported songs to a new 360?

Transferring isn't an issue as the transfer cable will transfer everything over with the exception of game installs.

Hard Drive Transfer Kit (Xbox 360): Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games

However you will want to use the license transfer tool on the Microsoft site otherwise you would have to be online all the time to use the purchased content.

Xbox.com | System Use - Transferring Content Licenses to a New Console

Edit: If you are selling the original hard drive with the console and are then unable to do the transfer then you will have to stick your gamertag, save games and the RB1 export files on a memory device before selling and then do the licence transfer on new console and download everything else..

stubbs99, Dec 19, 2015
  3. Recovering GamerTag

Yes that is possible, but that would require you to log in with gamertag "X" in order to change the name first, which you are unable to do.

Also you will not be able to transfer any game saves/achievements to the new gamertag.

SONIC SCREAM 07, Dec 19, 2015
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

onyxishere, Dec 19, 2015
  5. Thanks for your reply !

I've checked my account activity for modifications and I've got two type of events recently :

- Security challenge

- Successful sign-in

Do "Security challenge" count in the 30 days modification limit (I guess sign-in don't count, well I hope...) ? If so, I don't see how I'll ever be able to transfer the gamertag as I've always this security code thing...

NuageEau5344107, Dec 19, 2015
  6. Tragggg
    Tragggg Guest
    I had the issue of losing my old gamertag when I switched from Xbox to Xbox360. This was several years ago now. MSFT refused to do anything after several requests so I stopped paying for Xbox Live.

I was just about to buy a PS4 but thought I'd check my old gamertag. Guess what? It is available! They seem to have released the old gamertags!

Unfortunately MSFT want me to pay to get my old gamertag back. The site says you get one change for free. All I wanted was to get my old tag back. I was forced to get a new tag because of what I believe to be a MSFT database issue.

It's a shame since I wanted to stay loyal to Xbox.

Back to looking at that PS4 purchase...

Tragggg, Oct 31, 2018
  7. Tragggg Win User

I had the issue of losing my old gamertag when I switched from Xbox to Xbox360. This was several years ago now. MSFT refused to do anything after several requests so I stopped paying for Xbox Live.

I was just about to buy a PS4 but thought I'd check my old gamertag. Guess what? It is available! They seem to have released the old gamertags!

Unfortunately MSFT want me to pay to get my old gamertag back. The site says you get one change for free. All I wanted was to get my old tag back. I was forced to get a new tag because of what I believe to be a MSFT database issue.

It's a shame since I wanted to stay loyal to Xbox.

Back to looking at that PS4 purchase...
  8. onyxishere Win User

9. NuageEau5344107 Win User

Thanks for your reply !

I've checked my account activity for modifications and I've got two type of events recently :

- Security challenge

- Successful sign-in

Do "Security challenge" count in the 30 days modification limit (I guess sign-in don't count, well I hope...) ? If so, I don't see how I'll ever be able to transfer the gamertag as I've always this security code thing...
  10. SONIC SCREAM 07 Win User

Recovering GamerTag

Yes that is possible, but that would require you to log in with gamertag "X" in order to change the name first, which you are unable to do.

Also you will not be able to transfer any game saves/achievements to the new gamertag.
  11. Onyx Is Here Win User

Account merging or licence transfer

Sorry to hear it. Unfortunately you are unable to transfer licenses from one gamertag to another as well. However, Seas of Thieves is included in the PC Game Pass if you were interested in checking that out
Thema:

1. Unable to transfer gamertag - Similar Threads - Unable transfer gamertag

2. On the Xbox app I have this error "0x80070426" which makes it unable for me to update the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    On the Xbox app I have this error "0x80070426" which makes it unable for me to update the...: [img] I have tried reinstalling the Xbox app, Gaming services and even the Microsoft Store. The only windows update I need is the 2024-01 Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based...
  3. why am i unable to right click on games?

in XBoX on Windows
    why am i unable to right click on games?: so before this issue, i was trying to fix the game bar not running in background and then shortcuts not working. but after i fixed them suddenly whenever i right click on a game in my game library...
  4. Unable to access audio settings

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to access audio settings: So I just connected my razer nari ultimate to my xbox series s and im unable to access my audio settings (mic monitoring, headset chat mixer and headset volume) and I was just wondering if there's...
  5. Xbox unable to connect to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox unable to connect to internet: I have a xbox 360 with me and I have been trying to connect to xbox live for past couple of months but have failed miserably. It is showing ICMP error each time I try and connect and have no clue...
  6. Unabl to connect withe the showr

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unabl to connect withe the showr: I am connected think internet but I can't connect to Xbox Live a4ab5347-082b-4647-98f3-18bb62387b21
  7. Unable to log in. Error 0x89235107

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to log in. Error 0x89235107: After searching as far as possible on the internet about the error, I could not fix the problem with XBOX login on PC. I cannot launch any game I have installed. Please, help...
  8. Unable to refer.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Unable to refer.: Unable to refer friends, says my account is not valid and I need to purchase a game pass which I already have. 7fd33c97-ee69-4c65-a05b-ed0fe70a2ff7
  9. Unable to remove a kid from account to transfer to another family froup.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to remove a kid from account to transfer to another family froup.: I am unable to transfer a child account from my wifes account, to my account. It says child is unable to remove from the family and gives an error code. Also, unable to add her to my account...
  10. Unable to transfer games/DLC from Xbox 360 to Xbox One via Cloud Storage

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to transfer games/DLC from Xbox 360 to Xbox One via Cloud Storage: I recently used a couple of gift cards to buy some DLC for Borderlands. As far as I know, although the original Borderlands is backward compatible with Xbox One, the DLC is not which is why there...