Unable to transfer gamertag

Discus and support Unable to transfer gamertag in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I'm currently trying to transfer my gamertag "HorizonsLive" (which is linked to an old hotmail account) to this account. The thing is, I've... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NuageEau5344107, Dec 19, 2015.

1. Unable to transfer gamertag

Hello,

I'm currently trying to transfer my gamertag "HorizonsLive" (which is linked to an old hotmail account) to this account.

The thing is, I've already a random gamertag on this one (not created on purpose, I've probably done something that automatically created it).

I've followed the transfer protocol, and tried to move the gamertag of this account on two different microsoft accounts (one created just for this operation), but it always end up with the message "Sorry, we can't change your Microsoft account right now".

It's been several weeks now that I try to move it, and it's begining to drive me crazy that you can't simply change the account associated to your gamertag !

What should I do ? Could anyone help me with this ?

Thank you !

:)

NuageEau5344107, Dec 19, 2015
  2. stubbs99
    stubbs99 Guest
    Transferring disc exported songs to a new 360?

Transferring isn't an issue as the transfer cable will transfer everything over with the exception of game installs.

Hard Drive Transfer Kit (Xbox 360): Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games

However you will want to use the license transfer tool on the Microsoft site otherwise you would have to be online all the time to use the purchased content.

Xbox.com | System Use - Transferring Content Licenses to a New Console

Edit: If you are selling the original hard drive with the console and are then unable to do the transfer then you will have to stick your gamertag, save games and the RB1 export files on a memory device before selling and then do the licence transfer on new console and download everything else..

stubbs99, Dec 19, 2015
  3. Recovering GamerTag

Yes that is possible, but that would require you to log in with gamertag "X" in order to change the name first, which you are unable to do.

Also you will not be able to transfer any game saves/achievements to the new gamertag.

SONIC SCREAM 07, Dec 19, 2015
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

onyxishere, Dec 19, 2015
  5. Thanks for your reply !

I've checked my account activity for modifications and I've got two type of events recently :

- Security challenge

- Successful sign-in

Do "Security challenge" count in the 30 days modification limit (I guess sign-in don't count, well I hope...) ? If so, I don't see how I'll ever be able to transfer the gamertag as I've always this security code thing...

NuageEau5344107, Dec 19, 2015
  6. Tragggg
    Tragggg Guest
    I had the issue of losing my old gamertag when I switched from Xbox to Xbox360. This was several years ago now. MSFT refused to do anything after several requests so I stopped paying for Xbox Live.

I was just about to buy a PS4 but thought I'd check my old gamertag. Guess what? It is available! They seem to have released the old gamertags!

Unfortunately MSFT want me to pay to get my old gamertag back. The site says you get one change for free. All I wanted was to get my old tag back. I was forced to get a new tag because of what I believe to be a MSFT database issue.

It's a shame since I wanted to stay loyal to Xbox.

Back to looking at that PS4 purchase...

Tragggg, Oct 31, 2018
  7. Tragggg Win User

I had the issue of losing my old gamertag when I switched from Xbox to Xbox360. This was several years ago now. MSFT refused to do anything after several requests so I stopped paying for Xbox Live.

I was just about to buy a PS4 but thought I'd check my old gamertag. Guess what? It is available! They seem to have released the old gamertags!

Unfortunately MSFT want me to pay to get my old gamertag back. The site says you get one change for free. All I wanted was to get my old tag back. I was forced to get a new tag because of what I believe to be a MSFT database issue.

It's a shame since I wanted to stay loyal to Xbox.

Back to looking at that PS4 purchase...
  8. onyxishere Win User

9. NuageEau5344107 Win User

Thanks for your reply !

I've checked my account activity for modifications and I've got two type of events recently :

- Security challenge

- Successful sign-in

Do "Security challenge" count in the 30 days modification limit (I guess sign-in don't count, well I hope...) ? If so, I don't see how I'll ever be able to transfer the gamertag as I've always this security code thing...
  10. SONIC SCREAM 07 Win User

Recovering GamerTag

Yes that is possible, but that would require you to log in with gamertag "X" in order to change the name first, which you are unable to do.

Also you will not be able to transfer any game saves/achievements to the new gamertag.
  11. Onyx Is Here Win User

Account merging or licence transfer

Sorry to hear it. Unfortunately you are unable to transfer licenses from one gamertag to another as well. However, Seas of Thieves is included in the PC Game Pass if you were interested in checking that out
Thema:

1. Unable to transfer gamertag - Similar Threads - Unable transfer gamertag

2. I’m currently in beta mode, and unable to see chat requests

in XboX Insiders
    I’m currently in beta mode, and unable to see chat requests: I’m unable to see any chat requests; I’ve restarted my console, manually logged out and back in, factory reset my console (while keeping installed content), and disconnected the WiFi then...
  3. Unable to "gift" my relatives a digital xbox game?

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to "gift" my relatives a digital xbox game?: Tried to "gift" my relatives a digital copy of "Melody of Memory" (from my Microsoft account on my phone). It keeps telling me "Check the "send to" email address. Something's not right". 1.) We...
  4. Unable to Sign In to Microsoft Account to Redeem Xbox Game Pass Code

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to Sign In to Microsoft Account to Redeem Xbox Game Pass Code: I'm experiencing difficulties signing in to my Microsoft account to redeem an Xbox Game Pass code. Whenever I try to log in, I encounter the message "You signed out of your account. It's a good...
  5. Minecraft "unable to connect to world" issue

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Minecraft "unable to connect to world" issue: Recently I've been having a lot of issues with being unable to join my family in Minecraft. I am trying to get a Nintendo Switch to join a PC world. They are both on bedrock edition, both have...
  6. Unable to connect to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to connect to internet: I've had internet issues in the past because of my ISP, but today after disconnecting the Ethernet cable from my series S, I can no longer connect to the internet, already tried both 2.4 & 5 GHz...
  7. unable to connect to xbox live but can connect to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    unable to connect to xbox live but can connect to internet: what should i do i already cleared cache system i did check alerts i dont know what to do my xbox 360 cant connect to xbox live 8074ae89-f382-4f8c-9921-5b008a1a835b
  8. Unable to install Forza Motor sports 7

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to install Forza Motor sports 7: It keeps installation stopped warning . I have gigabit internet speed. In the same time if i install forza 6 it installs without any issue. Forza 6 took only 30-35 minutes to complete install It...
  9. Unable to remove a kid from account to transfer to another family froup.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to remove a kid from account to transfer to another family froup.: I am unable to transfer a child account from my wifes account, to my account. It says child is unable to remove from the family and gives an error code. Also, unable to add her to my account...
  10. Unable to transfer games/DLC from Xbox 360 to Xbox One via Cloud Storage

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to transfer games/DLC from Xbox 360 to Xbox One via Cloud Storage: I recently used a couple of gift cards to buy some DLC for Borderlands. As far as I know, although the original Borderlands is backward compatible with Xbox One, the DLC is not which is why there...