Unable to start downloading Riot Games off of PC Game Pass

Discus and support Unable to start downloading Riot Games off of PC Game Pass in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I can download literally any other game on Game Pass, except LoL and Valorant. I do not have either of these games installed from the Riot Client, and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Ashton Harrell, Dec 18, 2022.

1. Unable to start downloading Riot Games off of PC Game Pass

I can download literally any other game on Game Pass, except LoL and Valorant. I do not have either of these games installed from the Riot Client, and uninstalled the Riot client from my computer. It shows me the error code 0x00000001, for which the troubleshooting steps are to uninstall and reinstall "Gaming Services" from the Windows store using PowerShell and accepting the UAC prompt for the app. This app will not open and I cannot accept the prompt. Has anyone else had this problem? Am I doing something wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Ashton Harrell, Dec 18, 2022
  2. Leonard_Y Win User

Hi,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Xbox forum.

Based on your description, it seems that your unable to download Lol and Valorant in Xbox Game Pass. Thank you for including the methods you've performed as well. In general, the causes can either be the poor software status of apps such as Microsoft Store, Xbox Game Pass, or the games itself. Let's work on this together in finding the best possible solution to this problem.

We would like to ask additional information to properly replicate this in our end, such as:

• What Windows build and version are you using? - click Start menu > type WINVER > hit Enter
    • What is your device make and model? include full specifications
    • Did you link your Riot Games in your Xbox Game Pass?
    • Kindly send us a screenshot of the error
    So far, you can try these additional methods below and let us know if it helps. Please perform the method in order.

• Install pending Windows Updates
    1. open Windows Settings
    2. click Update & Security
    3. one the left pane, select Windows Update
    4. check for updates then RESTART your device to install the updates
    • Refresh the Microsoft Store cache
    1. Click on the Start button
    2. Type in “wsreset
    3. Right click on wsreset and click on Run as administrator.
    4. A black pop-up window will show up so make sure not to close it before it finishes its task.
    5. After the reset is complete, Microsoft Store cache will be purged. Don’t worry as this cache will get rebuilt over time
    6. Don't forget to relog-in to Microsoft Store as it will be cleared as well
    • Reset and Repair Xbox Game Pass App
    1. open Windows Settings
    2. select Apps then click Apps & Features
    3. Search for the Xbox App
    4. look and select Advanced Options
    5. click Reset, then Repair
    6. then Restart your PC.
    We also recommend checking this xbox thread I am not able to install valorant via xbox app - Microsoft Community by Francia J.. There you can see a direct link where you can download Valorant.

Sincerely,

Leonardo_Y
  3. Leonard_Y Win User

Hello

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume your issue has already been resolved. We won't be monitoring this thread in the future, so if you need more help, create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking on this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully

Leonardo_Y

Microsoft Moderator
  4. THANOS OPRESSOR Win User

PC Xbox Game Pass - Metro Exodus not working

The only reports I've heard about games on pc game pass is unable to download the game, have you tried to uninstall and install again?
  5. Matias ARG 1980 Win User

Flight Simulator completely stuck in Content Manager

If the download does not even start and keeps flashing between please wait and the very first file, the issue for me was that i have turned off the network data on the game that i have already installled on another PC. The game is syncronyzed to Microsoft
    Store, Game Box PASS App and your Microsoft account! So I entered to that other PC inside the game, enabled the data option that was turned off, and the content started inmediatly to download in the second PC! It was stucked cus of that. Hope this help.
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

Game Pass on both platforms.

If you have bought Game Pass Ultimate, then it includes Games Pass for Xbox, Game Pass for PC, EA Play for Xbox, Cloud Gaming on android & Xbox Live Gold. So yes, you can use it on your PC.

It's simple to use, download the Xbox app on your PC, log in with the account that has Game Pass Ultimate, and then download a game from the app, once downloaded, start the game.
Thema:

1. Unable to start downloading Riot Games off of PC Game Pass - Similar Threads - Unable start downloading

2. Unable to start Xbox app on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to start Xbox app on PC: Greetings! Since roughly 2 weeks ago I am unable to start the Xbox PC app and thus unable to access any games through my gamepass. The problem shown is the following: Upon starting up the Xbox...
  3. Failed to start cloud gaming session, unable to communicate with servers

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Failed to start cloud gaming session, unable to communicate with servers: I'm trying to play Coral island on my Xbox series S, I just played it last night with no issues, but now as of 1:24 pm EST. I'm getting a failed to start cloud gaming session unable to communicate...
  4. I was on Xbox gaming and it said “Unable to start gaming session” and for my brother it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I was on Xbox gaming and it said “Unable to start gaming session” and for my brother it...: It is not working and for my brother it was working fine 56a61565-1090-4c48-abd8-9bd44bbd86ad
  5. Unable to start up brand new Xbox series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to start up brand new Xbox series X: I’m trying to start up a new Xbox series X and it won’t even download the initial update. I get error code 0x8007045D, 0x00000000 and 0x90060006. I have tried power cycling several times....
  6. I got a prompt before starting a game, "You cannot unable to launch MP session..."

in XBoX on Windows
    I got a prompt before starting a game, "You cannot unable to launch MP session...": I am attempting to play Fallout 76, I have GP Ultimate, and for the first time I got a message before I was able to sign in that reads, "You cannot unable to launch multiplayer session because of...
  7. I'm unable to start Xbox return or contact support

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm unable to start Xbox return or contact support: I'm having an issue with my Xbox Series X and I'd like Xbox support to investigate. However, I'm unable to contact support. I logged in to my Microsoft account, went to devices, get service,...
  8. Fortnite on Xbox Cloud error - "Couldn't start your cloud gaming session. Unable to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite on Xbox Cloud error - "Couldn't start your cloud gaming session. Unable to...: Xbox Cloud Gaming won't start a Fortnite session. I've been getting a "Couldn't start your cloud gaming session. Unable to communicate with servers. Please try again." error for about a month now....
  9. After the last update (on August 2nd, 2023) unable to start the MS Solitaire & Casual Games...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    After the last update (on August 2nd, 2023) unable to start the MS Solitaire & Casual Games...: After the last update (on August 2nd, 2023) unable to start the MS Solitaire & Casual Games app. Tried to uninstall and reinstall, fix through the Windows. Nothing helped. What else should I do?...
  10. Unable to start Mincecraft Education on Mac. Please help!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to start Mincecraft Education on Mac. Please help!: Unable to start Mincecraft Education on Mac. Error message appears that says “minecraftpe has quit unexpectedly” each time I open application after download. Please help! I have paid for the...