Unable to sign in to xbox. Service unavailable 0x80a40401 error

Discus and support Unable to sign in to xbox. Service unavailable 0x80a40401 error in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Yesterday I was happily playing Dead Island 2. Today I boot the console and attempt to login and.....Service unavailable 0x80a40401 error None of my... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Cliff Baker, Apr 26, 2023.

1. Cliff Baker
    Cliff Baker Guest

Yesterday I was happily playing Dead Island 2. Today I boot the console and attempt to login and.....Service unavailable 0x80a40401 error None of my family can login, kids going crazy.

We are in the UK. Literally nothing has changed about our account or connection in any way since yesterday. Can find no help online. Completely unable to contact microsoft in any useful way. Utterly fed up.

Please help.

:)

Cliff Baker, Apr 26, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

I appreciate the update and I apologize for that, hopefully they will be able to make it right before 24 hours.
  3. Cliff Baker Win User

Finally after contacting them by phone, they have admitted that during their works overnight they somehow managed to set us up with an incorrect (not UK) IP address. It is not something we can change and we will have to wait for their engineers to make the changes, which could be another 24 hours.

That is so annoying.

Thanks for all your help.
  4. Cliff Baker Win User

Having looked up the IP address assigned to us, it says it IS a UK Ip address. If it is, then why do you think Xbox is blocking us? It must be more complicated than that I guess.
  5. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you with your concern.

In regards to the error according to Xbox Support:

'This may mean that you’re in a region where this service is not available. There’s no workaround for this'

For your reference, you can check this link: https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/help/errors/erro...

If you're on a supported region, I have here steps that we can try, please perform a power cycle on your console by following the steps below:

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

"1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​"

If that didn't work resetting the console keeping games and apps will be the next option. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

"Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Reset and keep my games & apps."
  6. Francia J. Win User

You're welcome and I apologize for that because we may need to wait for them if they're performing internal changes.

Also, you can try performing an extended powercycle and reset your network hardware.

" 1. Unplug the power cable from the back of the router, modem, or gateway for 5 minutes. If you have a router and a modem, unplug the power cable from both devices.

2. Press and hold the Xbox button on your console for 10 seconds or until it turns off then wait for 2 minutes before turning it on again.

3. After 5 minutes, plug the modem or gateway in first, and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

4. If you are using a router, plug in the router and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state."
Thema:

1. Unable to sign in to xbox. Service unavailable 0x80a40401 error - Similar Threads - Unable sign Service

2. Xbox Series X Error 8015190E - Unable to sign into Xbox live backwards compatible 360 games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Error 8015190E - Unable to sign into Xbox live backwards compatible 360 games: I've been getting a 8015190E error code within the past week when attempting to sign into a 360 backwards compatible game on my xbox series X. I attempted hard reseting my Xbox, changing my DNS...
  3. Unable to sign in to account for xbox live

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to sign in to account for xbox live: Attempting to log into fortnite, for last 5 days, it says unable to log into your account for xbox live. Try later. Tried everything so far & no luck. Any suggestions?...
  4. Unable to sign into fortnite and rocket league

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to sign into fortnite and rocket league: My son is unable to sign onto his fortnite account and hasnt been able to sign in for months. The error message on screen is 'Unable to sign in to your account for xbox live. Please try again...
  5. Unable to sign in using other devices

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to sign in using other devices: Hi. I’m doing these steps: 1. On Xbox I click on add account 2. I go to other devices 3. I open microsoft.com/link in one of my devices and enter the code that appears on the screen 4. I log...
  6. Unable to log into Xbox Live games, error message: To sign into Xbox, please install this...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to log into Xbox Live games, error message: To sign into Xbox, please install this...: Hello, after recently buying a new computer I noticed that I'm unable to log into Xbox Live. Whenever I attempt, the following error appears: To sign into Xbox, please install this framework...
  7. Unable to sign Into your account on xbox live

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to sign Into your account on xbox live: Set up new xbox and downloaded fortnite. Put the code in when prompted but then we had to delete it because we wanted to use his old epic account from his Nintendo switch. I'm not sure if his new...
  8. I have been locked out of my xbox account and am unable to sign back in.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have been locked out of my xbox account and am unable to sign back in.: I have already tried the "recovery" form online and have been denied twice. I have been locked out of my xbox account and am unable to sign back in. I need a security code but I do not have...
  9. Unable to sign in to my Xbox account!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to sign in to my Xbox account!: Whenever I try to sign into my Xbox account via the main website. I always seem to run in the same issue. The Xbox icon loads as it usually does, but then it seems to divert back to the main page...
  10. I am unable to sign into the correct Xbox account on my gaming laptop

in XBoX Accessibility
    I am unable to sign into the correct Xbox account on my gaming laptop: Hi Microsoft Support, I am unable to sign into the correct xbox account on my gaming laptop. I've only ever played on console, but finally bought a gaming laptop. I opened the xbox app and the...