Unable To Sign In To Microsoft/Xbox Account On PC

Discus and support Unable To Sign In To Microsoft/Xbox Account On PC in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I began having issues using Game Pass for PC where games would install but when I'd attempt to run them, it would get stuck in a loop of: Sign In >... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by UndeadWiccan, Oct 3, 2022.

1. UndeadWiccan
    UndeadWiccan Guest

I began having issues using Game Pass for PC where games would install but when I'd attempt to run them, it would get stuck in a loop of:
    Sign In > Selected Sign In > No Account Recognized > Repeat

The Xbox App was signed in and I'd even be able to use the Game Bar to message, get achievement notifications and party chat too.
    I'd read in another post pertaining to the error I was receiving (0x80004005) to log completely out and back into my account.
    Well, I've logged out but now I'm unable to log back in. That previous loop is just broken and I am not even able to log in via the Xbox App or the computer itself.

I'm not entirely sure what to do as this pretty much renders my PC useless now as far as gaming goes.

How can this be corrected/fixed?

:)

UndeadWiccan, Oct 3, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello again, that's really weird, I'm going to give you some procedures below.

DEFRAG

Defragment your Windows 10 PC

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/def...

Using System File Checker in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/usi...

chkdsk

https://docs.microsoft.com/pt-br/windows-server...

1 - Type cmd (Command Prompt) in the search bar of the Start menu and then click Run as administrator.

2 - Enter chkdsk /f/x/r/v

Being in use the system will ask if the user wants to check the chosen drive after reboot. Just type S and restart the computer.
  3. UndeadWiccan Win User

If it had been a simple update these were needing, we wouldn't be talking. Everything is up to date... in fact, I attempted to uninstall and reinstall said Xbox app to be able to reset it because it started malfunctioning first and no updates were available for it.
    Then upon reading another one of these forum posts from a situation very similar to my own, it suggested removing the microsoft account from the computer to only re-add it after a restart...
    I attempted to do this and now the computer won't even allow me to add it back nor will the microsoft store allow me to reinstall the xbox app.
  4. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello UndeadWiccan, have you checked if you have the latest version of Windows installed, at 21H2.

See which version of Windows 10 you have

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/see...

If you haven't updated yet, click the link below, update, and make all subsequent

security updates.

Download Windows 10

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Download Windows 11

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Also, make sure all Xbox Apps are up to date in the store, and make sure you have the Xbox Companion App installed, it works with the Xbox App.
  5. BrianWheat Win User

unable to sign into Microsoft Store

Restarted PC

Network Connection OK

Cleared Cache and Cookies on Internet Browser.

Tried Firefox. Signing on Microsoft Account. OK, Signed in Microsoft Store. Blank Screen, Clicked Search, no response.

Tried Edge. Unable to sign on, all I get is waiting response.

Tried Crome. Signing on Microsoft Account. OK. Microsoft Store, same trouble as Firefox.

Able to sign on to my Microsoft Account with my ANDROID mobile, Managed to download and install Microsoft Solitaire Collection.

The trouble seems to be with my PC.

I have no trouble with other websites.
  6. RainingRoses Win User

Trouble with Xbox Live sign in

Hi,

Do you receive any specific error code/message when trying to sign in? If this error only occurs with one account on your PC, you should be able to resolve this by resetting the account on your system.

Please see my answer in this thread:

Unable to sign in. - Microsoft Community

Hope this helps.
Thema:

1. Unable To Sign In To Microsoft/Xbox Account On PC - Similar Threads - Unable Sign Microsoft

2. Xbox Series X Error 8015190E - Unable to sign into Xbox live backwards compatible 360 games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Error 8015190E - Unable to sign into Xbox live backwards compatible 360 games: I've been getting a 8015190E error code within the past week when attempting to sign into a 360 backwards compatible game on my xbox series X. I attempted hard reseting my Xbox, changing my DNS...
  3. Unable to sign in to account for xbox live

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to sign in to account for xbox live: Attempting to log into fortnite, for last 5 days, it says unable to log into your account for xbox live. Try later. Tried everything so far & no luck. Any suggestions?...
  4. Unable to sign into fortnite and rocket league

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to sign into fortnite and rocket league: My son is unable to sign onto his fortnite account and hasnt been able to sign in for months. The error message on screen is 'Unable to sign in to your account for xbox live. Please try again...
  5. Unable to sign in using other devices

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to sign in using other devices: Hi. I’m doing these steps: 1. On Xbox I click on add account 2. I go to other devices 3. I open microsoft.com/link in one of my devices and enter the code that appears on the screen 4. I log...
  6. Unable to log into Xbox Live games, error message: To sign into Xbox, please install this...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to log into Xbox Live games, error message: To sign into Xbox, please install this...: Hello, after recently buying a new computer I noticed that I'm unable to log into Xbox Live. Whenever I attempt, the following error appears: To sign into Xbox, please install this framework...
  7. Unable to sign Into your account on xbox live

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to sign Into your account on xbox live: Set up new xbox and downloaded fortnite. Put the code in when prompted but then we had to delete it because we wanted to use his old epic account from his Nintendo switch. I'm not sure if his new...
  8. I have been locked out of my xbox account and am unable to sign back in.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have been locked out of my xbox account and am unable to sign back in.: I have already tried the "recovery" form online and have been denied twice. I have been locked out of my xbox account and am unable to sign back in. I need a security code but I do not have...
  9. Unable to sign in to my Xbox account!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to sign in to my Xbox account!: Whenever I try to sign into my Xbox account via the main website. I always seem to run in the same issue. The Xbox icon loads as it usually does, but then it seems to divert back to the main page...
  10. Unable to sign-in to through Microsoft on minecraft.net. It just redirects to the same...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to sign-in to through Microsoft on minecraft.net. It just redirects to the same...: 1. Try to sign-in with Microsoft. Page refreshes and tells me the period for Mojang account migration has expired, but I migrated over a year ago (2022-06-11). 2. I follow the instructions and...