Unable to sign-in due to Sign in to Xbox Live only shows white screen [Sea of Thieves - Steam]

Discus and support Unable to sign-in due to Sign in to Xbox Live only shows white screen [Sea of Thieves - Steam] in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi, a friend of mine is trying to play Sea of Thieves via Steam. After pressing 'Start Game' button, a sign in screen is popping up and it's suppose... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by John Rickwood, Mar 17, 2023.

1. Unable to sign-in due to Sign in to Xbox Live only shows white screen [Sea of Thieves - Steam]

Hi, a friend of mine is trying to play Sea of Thieves via Steam.

After pressing 'Start Game' button, a sign in screen is popping up and it's suppose to show sign in page.

However for my friend, Sign in to Xbox Live screen only shows white screen and does not proceed to sign in page. (I've included screenshot of the page)

When we right-click the Sign in page and select 'show source code', it only shows this: <html><head></head><body></body></html>

As what I've seen on other community question, the source code supposed to be longer than that (both of us are not computer experts, so we might be wrong)

We've been looking for a solution for two days and couldn't fix the problem.

We even contacted to SoT support and they couldn't give us a proper solution.

Here's the list of the methods we've tried but didn't worked for us

• Checking game file integrity via Steam (done this five times, nothing changed)
    • Using Windows print to PDF to see the Sign in page properly
    • Using dual screen to move the game to fix the white screen
    • Reinstalling Xbox application on Windows
    • Rebooting PC
    • Rebooting Steam
    • Rebooting game
    • Reinstalling game
    • Wait until sign in screen shows up properly (we've waited 5 minutes, should we wait longer?)
    • Turning off Windows Defender Firewall
    • Clearing Edge/Internet Explorer cookies, cache and browse history
    • Pressing 'Enter' Key when Sign in screen pops up (SoT support team told us to do this, didn't work)
    • Unlinking Steam account via Xbox Game Bar (windows key + G) and rebooting the game (SoT support also told us to do this and didn't work either)
    This bug is driving both of us insane, please help us
    Unable to sign-in due to Sign in to Xbox Live only shows white screen [Sea of Thieves - Steam] [​IMG]

:)

John Rickwood, Mar 17, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Unable to sign-in due to Sign in to Xbox Live only shows white screen [Sea of Thieves - Steam]

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  3. John Rickwood Win User

Hi, we've tried the guide you provided and unfortunately it didn't work. Also, here's the details requested.

1. Was this working before?

- No, this is the first time we are trying to play SoT through Steam. However, my friend had played SoT on PC via Xbox Game Pass.
    2. Recent activity or changes made before the issue appeared?

- There is no other changes made other than he is trying to play on different version of the game.(Windows → Steam)

As an additional information, there is no specific error message given for this situation, just 'Sign in to Xbox Live' won't work.
  4. CarTzy Win User

Hello John Rickwood,

Since you are trying to play this game from the Steam platform, I recommend we also raise this concern with and see if they have alternative way to resolve this issue. Maybe there are troubleshooting that I miss that they may be able to provide.
  5. CarTzy Win User

Hello John Rickwood,

Welcome to the Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well. Let me see how I can assist you with this concern.

We’d like to know more about it in details so that we can provide a more accurate resolution for you.

• Was this working before?
    • Recent activity or changes made before the issue appeared?

So far, from the details you provided, you can try the following steps and let us know the result. You can just skip those you have done already.

You may follow this guide provided by the developers for this type of issue: Sea of Thieves - Support - Steam - Issues signing in to Xbox Live

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  6. b62752a9-5d0d-49bd-8 Win User

Why does the Xbox app insist on installing multiple installations of games on my C drive without my permission?

Sea of thieves decided to uninstall itself for some reason over night, making it so that I cant play Sea of Thieves today due to the long download time.

If I buy Sea of Thieves on Steam, can I play with the same account as on the xbox app version? That way I wont need to deal with the Xbox app or its version of Sea of Thieves.
Thema:

1. Unable to sign-in due to Sign in to Xbox Live only shows white screen [Sea of Thieves - Steam] - Similar Threads - Unable sign due

2. Xbox Series X Error 8015190E - Unable to sign into Xbox live backwards compatible 360 games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Error 8015190E - Unable to sign into Xbox live backwards compatible 360 games: I've been getting a 8015190E error code within the past week when attempting to sign into a 360 backwards compatible game on my xbox series X. I attempted hard reseting my Xbox, changing my DNS...
  3. Unable to sign in to account for xbox live

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to sign in to account for xbox live: Attempting to log into fortnite, for last 5 days, it says unable to log into your account for xbox live. Try later. Tried everything so far & no luck. Any suggestions?...
  4. Unable to sign into fortnite and rocket league

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to sign into fortnite and rocket league: My son is unable to sign onto his fortnite account and hasnt been able to sign in for months. The error message on screen is 'Unable to sign in to your account for xbox live. Please try again...
  5. Unable to sign in using other devices

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to sign in using other devices: Hi. I’m doing these steps: 1. On Xbox I click on add account 2. I go to other devices 3. I open microsoft.com/link in one of my devices and enter the code that appears on the screen 4. I log...
  6. Unable to log into Xbox Live games, error message: To sign into Xbox, please install this...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to log into Xbox Live games, error message: To sign into Xbox, please install this...: Hello, after recently buying a new computer I noticed that I'm unable to log into Xbox Live. Whenever I attempt, the following error appears: To sign into Xbox, please install this framework...
  7. Unable to sign Into your account on xbox live

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to sign Into your account on xbox live: Set up new xbox and downloaded fortnite. Put the code in when prompted but then we had to delete it because we wanted to use his old epic account from his Nintendo switch. I'm not sure if his new...
  8. I have been locked out of my xbox account and am unable to sign back in.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have been locked out of my xbox account and am unable to sign back in.: I have already tried the "recovery" form online and have been denied twice. I have been locked out of my xbox account and am unable to sign back in. I need a security code but I do not have...
  9. Unable to sign in due to old number

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to sign in due to old number: Hello, I've been trying to contact a real person on Xbox but there's this big circle. I tried to log into my account a couple days ago and got hit with the "detected unusual activity please...
  10. Unable to Sign into Minecraft Due to Deleted Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to Sign into Minecraft Due to Deleted Account: Hello Microsoft community, I am encountering an issue while trying to sign into Minecraft. The problem stems from the fact that the account previously connected to my Minecraft game no longer...