“Unable to save changes, we are unable to connect to this service at the moment”, when...

Discus and support “Unable to save changes, we are unable to connect to this service at the moment”, when... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have two kids, each with their own Xbox. Each has the others Xbox set as their home console for Xbox gold and game sharing. For years all has worked... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by SMB_00, Aug 28, 2022.

1. SMB_00
    SMB_00 Guest

“Unable to save changes, we are unable to connect to this service at the moment”, when...

I have two kids, each with their own Xbox. Each has the others Xbox set as their home console for Xbox gold and game sharing. For years all has worked fine with no issues.

Recently my oldest purchased himself a new Series S passing down his Xbox one X to his brother. On the S we were able to set as home no problem. However we are unable to set the one X as home console. Instead we receive an “Unable to save changes, we are unable to connect to the service at the moment. Try again in a little while. “ message.

Being that we have run the same setup for years without any changes, each account still has five (5) changes available to it.

Over the course of the next three days we continued to try to set the one X as home console and received the same message with every attempt. This renders this console as useless since all the games are owned under the account that we are unable to set as home console.

After reading online the various “fixes” to this issue, I gave it ALL a try;

- Log out of the account and back in. (Failed)

- Remove and reinstall the account. (Failed)

- Restart console. (Failed)

- Soft reset, with & without removing games and apps. (Failed)

- Hard reset. (Failed)

- Resetting DNS. (Failed)

- Unplugging console for five minutes. (Failed)

- Unplugging modem for five minutes. (Failed)

- Changing the name trick. (Failed)

After a week of dealing with this issue I traded in the one X and upgraded it to a Series S to have both consoles be the same. No big surprise I am still running into the same issue on this brand new console. Regardless I attempted the same fixes as listed above on the new console and still has failed to resolve this error.

Next I attempted to contact Microsoft with this issue through their website. The pop ups give the same suggestions that I’ve already tried. Additionally the pop up says that phone support or chat is unavailable for this issue. I then searched for Microsoft support phone number. After giving it a call, all the automated system does is refers me back to the website and disconnects.

As stands my second sons console is a very expensive, useless paperweight and Microsoft seem unwilling to provide assistance to make this a functional console.

Can someone PLEASE help me out in finding a resolution to this matter that does not include a generic check list of all the things I’ve already tried. My younger son and I would be EXTREMELY APPRECIATIVE!!!!

:)

SMB_00, Aug 28, 2022
  2. SMB_00 Win User

“Unable to save changes, we are unable to connect to this service at the moment”, when selecting make this my home Xbox

Both of their accounts are child accounts.

I gave your suggestion a try and it WAS successful!

I changed his age to 18 & removed him from the family. It then allowed me to set a home console under that gamer tag. After that worked I changed his age back to the proper age and brought him back into the family group. Everything is now working properly as it should be!

Thank you so much! I greatly appreciate your time & guidance in bringing this issue to a successful resolution!
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

“Unable to save changes, we are unable to connect to this service at the moment”, when selecting make this my home Xbox

Is the account that you want to use as home Xbox a child account?

This can be a bit odd but:
    If yes, can you try temporarily change the birth year and make it +18
    Then remove and re-add the account as a family organizer using the link below:
    https://account.microsoft.com/family/home

After that remove and re-add the account in the console and try again
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Thanks for sharing the resolution!

I'm glad to hear that home Xbox is finally selected for the desired account

Take care!
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Smb_00

Sorry to hear that, may I know if the Xbox console is up to date?

If yes, I can advise you another 3 things to try:

1. If you didn't try it, share mobile data via wifi hotspot and connect your console in that way temporarily and try setting the console as home Xbox

2. Clear your alternative MAC address
    Select Settings > Network > Advanced Settings > Alternate MAC Address
    Select Clear, restart your console and give it a new try

3. In case you didn't try it, could be nice perform an offline update for your console. In that way Xbox system will be installed from scratch.
    For this you need a USB and PC to format it and transfer files provided in the link below (with steps):

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...
  6. SMB_00 Win User

@JoseF

Thank you for your reply & suggestions.

- I connected through a hotspot and tried to set as home as you suggested. (Fail)

- I then reset the alternate MAC address again as suggested. (Fail)

- I checked to verify and the console is up to date.

- I performed an offline update provided through your link. (Fail)

- I also accessed developer settings in console info and reset home console. (Fail)

As stands I am still unable to designate a home Xbox via that specific gamer tag.

BTW, I have attempted designating a home console with that gamer tag on four (4) different consoles, all of which I receive the same message. I do not have this issue with any other gamer tags. This in addition to all the failed fixes leads me to believe that it is NOT likely to be hardware or software related. It seems to me that there is some issue with that specific gamer tag that needs resolved. Is there anything we can look into gamer tag wise that may help resolve this issue?
Thema:

1. “Unable to save changes, we are unable to connect to this service at the moment”, when... - Similar Threads - “Unable save changes

2. Since the update on April 10th/11th, unable to record any game clips

in XBoX on Consoles
    Since the update on April 10th/11th, unable to record any game clips: Hi, Since update 10.0.25398.4086 (xb_flt_2404zn.240402-1830), my Xbox One is not able to record anything. [Description of how it looks] When I try to record, sometimes I get a pop up saying...
  3. Unable to connect to Xbox live through backwards compatibility.

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to connect to Xbox live through backwards compatibility.: As the title reads, I’m unable to connect to Xbox live through backwards compatibility through Xbox 360. The issue started yesterday and I just thought the servers were down but it turns out it...
  4. Unable to start Xbox app on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to start Xbox app on PC: Greetings! Since roughly 2 weeks ago I am unable to start the Xbox PC app and thus unable to access any games through my gamepass. The problem shown is the following: Upon starting up the Xbox...
  5. My home xbox - Unable to save changes

in XBoX Accessibility
    My home xbox - Unable to save changes: hello I cant set my account "HOME" When 'set this console as home Xbox' it says that it is Unable to save changes I have 5/5 SWITCH LEFT, this is first time use my account on new XBOX SERIE X and...
  6. home Xbox' it says that it is Unable to save changes

in XBoX Accessibility
    home Xbox' it says that it is Unable to save changes: hello I cant set my account "HOME" When 'set this console as home Xbox' it says that it is Unable to save changes I have 5/5 SWITCH LEFT, this is first time use my account on new XBOX SERIE X and...
  7. MY HOME XBOX - Unable to save changes

in XBoX Accessibility
    MY HOME XBOX - Unable to save changes: hello I cant set my account "HOME" When 'set this console as home Xbox' it says that it is Unable to save changes I have 5/5 SWITCH LEFT, this is first time use my account on new XBOX SERIE X...
  8. Xbox series x unable to save progress offline. Please help.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox series x unable to save progress offline. Please help.: Hi, I am experiencing issue with offline play on xbox series x. I have 3 games, halo 3, Fallout new vegas and Fallout 3. Halo 3 I have a disk and other two I downloaded from store. Issue is that I...
  9. Unable to save changes when setting account as my home xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to save changes when setting account as my home xbox: [img] Been game sharing with a friend for years and have set his account as my home Xbox several times throughout those years from doing factory resets or getting a new Xbox. Had to factory...
  10. Hogwarts Legacy Unable to Complete save bug report HL-3622

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hogwarts Legacy Unable to Complete save bug report HL-3622: Since the 14th of February I have been unable to save the game manually and lost the auto save ability have completed the propose work around of deleting local saved data repeatedly but that...