Unable to read update from the Xbox 360 Harddrive.

Discus and support Unable to read update from the Xbox 360 Harddrive. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I recently bought an xbox 360. It Turns on but it will get stuck on the screen trying to update and it will say it can't read the harddrive and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Xbox360GamerGuy, Nov 6, 2021.

1. Unable to read update from the Xbox 360 Harddrive.

Hello, I recently bought an xbox 360. It Turns on but it will get stuck on the screen trying to update and it will say it can't read the harddrive and to please re-attach it and the console will reset. My original harddrive I figured wasn't working so I bought a 2nd one that was a 60gb and I still get the same error. I can't even access the dashboard or anything. It will start to act like it will update then give that error. Can anyone tell me what to do?

:)

Xbox360GamerGuy, Nov 6, 2021
  2. SammyVS Win User

Even if the console uses an external hard drive it has an internal memory, I think there was some problem in this internal memory and it is stuck in this update screen.
  3. Xbox360GamerGuy Win User

Hey thanks! I actually tried to do that! I dug up an update and threw it on a thumbdrive and had it formatted to FAT32. But it still wouldnt read! Do you know what kind of hardware problem it would be? Maybe just a lose cable or something of that nature?
  4. SammyVS Win User

I'm Samy an independent advisor and I'll be helping you :D

I recommend you try to do an offline update with a flash drive. This link has instructions.

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/xbox-360/co...

If the problem persists, I'm afraid there is some problem with the console hardware and repair would be needed.
  5. Ericvan der Heijden Win User

external hard disk which are compatible with new update

I tought I read somewhere that after the latest update for 360 You can use youre laptop to store games on the harddrive of the laptop. I have windows vista running on my laptop but i can't find anywhere where I can store my games on the laptop. Also I read
    that it's now possible to connect a 2 TB harddrive to youre Xbox 360. Is this true? Anybody help please?
  6. Arminator Win User

Need Help

[quote user="Repsidy"]it can connect to the internet fine but when it comes to XBL it starts slowing down and acting up.[/quote]

Does the console also slow down and act up if you remove the harddrive and use an USB Stick that has been prepared as a storage device instead of the harddrive?

The reason I ask you to remove the harddrive: Sometimes, when the magnetisation of the harddrive starts to fail on some sectors, the harddrive will try to re-read that sector until it gets a clean read.

However re-reading a defective sector slows down the whole system.

So I could imagine, that your console connects to Live and tries to store or read something from it's storage. But due to a defect, is unable to do so. And until it gets a clean read or write from the harddrive the console is stuck in a "loop" re-trying
    and re-trying again.

So if the behaviour improves with a removed harddrive and using an USB stick for a replacement storage temporarily, you should back up your savegames from the harddrive with the console being offline to your USB Stick.

Then send in the harddrive for repairs.
Thema:

1. Unable to read update from the Xbox 360 Harddrive. - Similar Threads - Unable read update

2. Since the update on April 10th/11th, unable to record any game clips

in XBoX on Consoles
    Since the update on April 10th/11th, unable to record any game clips: Hi, Since update 10.0.25398.4086 (xb_flt_2404zn.240402-1830), my Xbox One is not able to record anything. [Description of how it looks] When I try to record, sometimes I get a pop up saying...
  3. Unable to connect to Xbox live through backwards compatibility.

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to connect to Xbox live through backwards compatibility.: As the title reads, I’m unable to connect to Xbox live through backwards compatibility through Xbox 360. The issue started yesterday and I just thought the servers were down but it turns out it...
  4. Unable to start Xbox app on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to start Xbox app on PC: Greetings! Since roughly 2 weeks ago I am unable to start the Xbox PC app and thus unable to access any games through my gamepass. The problem shown is the following: Upon starting up the Xbox...
  5. On the Xbox app I have this error "0x80070426" which makes it unable for me to update the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    On the Xbox app I have this error "0x80070426" which makes it unable for me to update the...: [img] I have tried reinstalling the Xbox app, Gaming services and even the Microsoft Store. The only windows update I need is the 2024-01 Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based...
  6. why am i unable to right click on games?

in XBoX on Windows
    why am i unable to right click on games?: so before this issue, i was trying to fix the game bar not running in background and then shortcuts not working. but after i fixed them suddenly whenever i right click on a game in my game library...
  7. Unable to access audio settings

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to access audio settings: So I just connected my razer nari ultimate to my xbox series s and im unable to access my audio settings (mic monitoring, headset chat mixer and headset volume) and I was just wondering if there's...
  8. Xbox unable to connect to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox unable to connect to internet: I have a xbox 360 with me and I have been trying to connect to xbox live for past couple of months but have failed miserably. It is showing ICMP error each time I try and connect and have no clue...
  9. Unabl to connect withe the showr

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unabl to connect withe the showr: I am connected think internet but I can't connect to Xbox Live a4ab5347-082b-4647-98f3-18bb62387b21
  10. Unable to log in. Error 0x89235107

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to log in. Error 0x89235107: After searching as far as possible on the internet about the error, I could not fix the problem with XBOX login on PC. I cannot launch any game I have installed. Please, help...