Unable to Purchase or Manage Payment options Via console Error 801540FA

Discus and support Unable to Purchase or Manage Payment options Via console Error 801540FA in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Same with me: error code 801540FA for couple of months(!) now. I guess it was caused when I switched the e-mail-adress connected with my gamertag. I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Felix Müller, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Unable to Purchase or Manage Payment options Via console Error 801540FA

Same with me: error code 801540FA for couple of months(!) now.

I guess it was caused when I switched the e-mail-adress connected with my gamertag.

I have been in contact with the support about 3 times now concerning this issue since july- no solution yet.

Microsoft: are you serious about that?! You develop operating systems but you can not handle someone changing an email adress? And even better: you do not react on many post like this one?

Solution please.... FAST! I see a PS4 coming up...

:)

Felix Müller, Jan 2, 2015
  2. Cazter101
    Cazter101 Guest

I have had this problem for almost 3 months - get error code 801540FA when attempting to 'manage payment options' via Xbox 360 console.

And get a message saying 'Your credit card info could not be retrieved. Pay for this item using money in your microsoft account or try again later' (with no error code) when i try to make a purchase or even a free download.

This message comes up before even allowing me to view/select my microsoft balance as payment option so unable to do it that way either.

Be onto support about 6 times, finally been escalated (and escalations team took 5 days instead of the 48 hours promised to get in touch!!!) but no solution yet!

Tried removing payment cards adding new ones, checked with banks , updated all my address details to match each other (down to each capital letter!), also been put through deleting and re downloading profile on console, clearing cache, deleting marketplace
    data, downloading profile to another 360 (same problem) all by various support calls and chats! This is really Pis**ng me off! Can purchase games and add ons via Xbox.com fine but this does not work for all purchases, such as in game coins for games!!! Sort
    it out microsoft!

Cazter101, Jan 2, 2015
  3. lDark Zaraki
    lDark Zaraki Guest
    erro 801540fA

How do I remove 801540FA error xbox 360. Whenever I try to enter the payment options via xbox 360 this error occurs

lDark Zaraki, Jan 2, 2015
  4. Cazter101 Win User

erro 801540fA

I have had this same problem for almost 3 months - get error code 801540FA when attemting to 'manage payment options' via Xbox 360 console.

And get a message saying 'Your credit card info could not be retrieved. Pay for this item using money in your microsoft account or try again later' (with no error code) when i try to make a purchase or even a free download.

This message comes up before even allowing me to view/select my microsoft balance as payment option so unable to do it that way either.

Be onto support about 6 times, finally been escalated (and escalations team took 5 days instead of the 48 hours promised to get in touch!!!) but no solution yet!

Tried removing payment cards adding new ones, checked with banks , updated all my address details to match each other (down to each capital letter!), also been put through deleting and re downloading profile on console, clearing cache, deleting marketplace
    data, downloading profile to another 360 (same problem) all by various support calls and chats! This is really Pis**ng me off! Can purchase games and add ons via Xbox.com fine but this does not work for all purchases, such as in game coins for games!!! Sort
    it out microsoft!
  5. DeadlyMender71 Win User

Cannot sign in on my main profile, beta related

Also if I try to purchase anything on the xbox I am unable to, I get a different error code. 80190376

If I try to go to Manage Payment Options I get Error Code: 838200DE
  6. XBA_Hype Win User

Payment

there are multiple ways you can pay for your subscriptions and content and they can be managed via your Microsoft account. here`s a handy link to explain it in full -> Manage
    Payment Options
  7. IIII Modz IIII Win User

Unable to Manage payment options

Hell there,

The status code 80070428 means that you missed your Auto renewal, you must have had an invalid card when the auto renewal happened.

Do you have the email of your suspended account?

If so you will have to contact support by phone, you will have to verify your the account holder of the suspended.

Click here to contact support

Click on Request a call back and they will contact you as soon as possible.

Thanks
  8. JoJoCommander Win User

Unable to Manage payment options

To verify it i need to get into my hotmail, which i can't do either.
Thema:

1. Unable to Purchase or Manage Payment options Via console Error 801540FA - Similar Threads - Unable Purchase Manage

2. Unable to Purchase Xbox Partner Center

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to Purchase Xbox Partner Center: So Im Trying To Purchase An Xbox Developer License And I Keep Getting This Error Something went wrong. Please contact support. (ReferenceId: 41ea27aa-11d0-47c7-c989-08dc2e0d878a) I Dont Know...
  3. Unable to purchase Realms Plus subscription on IPad

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to purchase Realms Plus subscription on IPad: I have been trying for days to purchase a Realms Plys subscription, but keep getting the same message: “Sorry, we were unable to complete your realm purchase. Maybe check your internet...
  4. Why am I unable to download a game that I have purchased?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I unable to download a game that I have purchased?: Hi. I had purchased Omori before it was removed from the Xbox store. Despite online searching say that I can still download and play it, I am unable to do so. It feels like robbing since I paid...
  5. Unable to make Minecraft purchases.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to make Minecraft purchases.: My child’s account is unable to make any purchases in Minecraft with an error indicating to “check the internet connection”. We’ve deleted and reinstalled the app but still end up with the same...
  6. Unable to purchase Hogwarts Legacy for Xbox series S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to purchase Hogwarts Legacy for Xbox series S: Whenever I try to purchase Hogwarts Legacy in the Microsoft Store both on my Xbox or via the website, it gives me the error message attached. How do I resolve this? Thanks, Brad...
  7. Unable to access purchased games on Xbox One X

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to access purchased games on Xbox One X: I cannot access my purchased games on the Xbox One X. I also cannot use Game Pass Ultimate on my PC. I have already gone through the live chat with someone and they mentioned to post here as they...
  8. "Sorry we were unable to complete your purchase" Only like 3 years still a recurring problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "Sorry we were unable to complete your purchase" Only like 3 years still a recurring problem: Im a developer, 15 years in. If I cant figure out **** is wrong thats not on me. I tried to buy a minecraft expansion. I get that insanely unhelpful message. I log out log in, etc. Oh then I...
  9. Unable to purchase a realm

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to purchase a realm: I can't renew my minecraft realm. I used to pay for a minecraft realm monthly to play but now when i got to purchase a realm it tells me "We’re having trouble processing your payment and we’d like...
  10. Unable to make any purchases in Bermuda Adventures please help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to make any purchases in Bermuda Adventures please help: I get messages like looks like you owe this already. Or something went wrong at our end. I have been trying to get this worked out for months now. Please Help. e9dee5bd-0b05-46cf-ae79-21af1a43c03a