Unable to purchase games despite using international debit/credit cards

Discus and support Unable to purchase games despite using international debit/credit cards in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought a new Xbox Series S in India through Amazon India. I am unable to purchase games because every time I fill in my card details, it says card... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AaravAnaisha, Dec 8, 2022.

1. AaravAnaisha
    AaravAnaisha Guest

I bought a new Xbox Series S in India through Amazon India. I am unable to purchase games because every time I fill in my card details, it says card details does not match. Also, few times card details got added but payment did not went through. I have tried both debit and credit cards were international transaction are activated. I have used international debit card but again it says card details do not match. Can anyone please guide us? I have checked with Microsoft and my bank but they have not been able to help.

:)

AaravAnaisha, Dec 8, 2022
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Moderator
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Hello AaravAnaisha,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We understand that you wanted to purchase games using your international debit/credit cards. We know that you have been trying to make that purchase go through however, it is unable to be processed successfully. We would like to set your expectation that Community doesn't have the ability to check or handle billing concerns since we do not have the right tool to process such request. However, let us check on this together so you can purchase your game.

When you said that the '...card details do not match...' that might mean you need to ensure your shipping and billing address matched both card and account. To have a better understanding, we would like to ask for few questions:

1. Please see this link and ensure your address is correct: Microsoft account | Address book
    2. Aside from that is your Xbox Console set to your current region/country?
    3. Since this is part of billing, may we ask if you have contacted live support?
    We look forward to your response.

Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. FreakRoach Win User

Billing and payment

I cannot purchase any games or apps from windows store on xbox as it asks for Visa and other international cards..there is no option for local debit cards

Is there any way to purchase using the local card
    India region accepts debit and credit cards issued in India.
  5. Belle B Win User

When I tried buying Minecraft and filled the info of my debit card it says "Check the info you entered. It doesn't match the info for this card.

Hi Foxtrot

Sorry to hear about that, however, please note that not all debit cards may work to purchase online. It's best to reach out to your bank and let them verify your bank details for you. You may also need to turn on international purchases as well.

If it's not possible with your debit card, it's best to use a valid credit card.
  6. luissolid Win User

Can’t purchase Xbox 360 games on Xbox One?

You need to have a Credit Card or Debit Card to purchase any Xbox 360 Game. (You can't use Microsoft Credit)

Regards!
Thema:

1. Unable to purchase games despite using international debit/credit cards - Similar Threads - Unable purchase games

2. Unable to Purchase Xbox Partner Center

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to Purchase Xbox Partner Center: So Im Trying To Purchase An Xbox Developer License And I Keep Getting This Error Something went wrong. Please contact support. (ReferenceId: 41ea27aa-11d0-47c7-c989-08dc2e0d878a) I Dont Know...
  3. Unable to purchase Realms Plus subscription on IPad

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to purchase Realms Plus subscription on IPad: I have been trying for days to purchase a Realms Plys subscription, but keep getting the same message: “Sorry, we were unable to complete your realm purchase. Maybe check your internet...
  4. Why am I unable to download a game that I have purchased?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I unable to download a game that I have purchased?: Hi. I had purchased Omori before it was removed from the Xbox store. Despite online searching say that I can still download and play it, I am unable to do so. It feels like robbing since I paid...
  5. Unable to make Minecraft purchases.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to make Minecraft purchases.: My child’s account is unable to make any purchases in Minecraft with an error indicating to “check the internet connection”. We’ve deleted and reinstalled the app but still end up with the same...
  6. Unable to access purchased games on Xbox One X

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to access purchased games on Xbox One X: I cannot access my purchased games on the Xbox One X. I also cannot use Game Pass Ultimate on my PC. I have already gone through the live chat with someone and they mentioned to post here as they...
  7. unable to redownload purchased games on new xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    unable to redownload purchased games on new xbox: I bought my son halo reach and halo 3 odst add ons for halo master cheif collection and he installed them on his old Xbox one S. that console crapped out and so we got him an Xbox series X. it...
  8. Previous Xbox 360 purchase games from XBox One store unable to download on 360 from store...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Previous Xbox 360 purchase games from XBox One store unable to download on 360 from store...: I have previously purchase Xbox 360 games that I purchased on the Xbox One live store, that I am trying to download on my Xbox 360 and the Xbox 360 game store wants me to pay for them even though...
  9. Unable to purchase Deals With Gold or claim Games With Gold

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to purchase Deals With Gold or claim Games With Gold: Alpha Skip Ahead: If I go to Deals with Gold or Games with Gold I am unable to purchase/claim any games, there is a "join now" box next to a full price one… but I'm on Game Pass Ultimate. I have...
  10. Unable to Play Online Multiplayer without Pass. Even on Purchased Game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to Play Online Multiplayer without Pass. Even on Purchased Game.: I Recently purchased Call of Duty Cold war. But I am Not able to Play online multiplayer and Its Asking me to Buy a Xbox Pass. Which is Not mentioned anywhere before you buy a Game, Is This...