Unable to play PC Game Pass games - Microsoft Gaming Services

Discus and support Unable to play PC Game Pass games - Microsoft Gaming Services in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi everyone, Hopeing you can help. Since about a week ago, whenever I try to launch game pass games via the xbox app on PC it opens the Microsoft... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SadStomach, Mar 21, 2022.

1. SadStomach
    SadStomach Guest

Hi everyone,

Hopeing you can help. Since about a week ago, whenever I try to launch game pass games via the xbox app on PC it opens the Microsoft Store on the Microsoft Gaming Services page and then nothing happens.

• I press 'play' again in the xbox app, just pushes the open store page with gaming services back to the front of my tabs.
    • I uninstalled Gaming Services and press play - just opens the same store page.
    • I reinstall it, same issue.
    • I uninstall and reinstall xbox app - same issue.
    • I did the powershell thing (last topic in this article https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/help/games-apps/troubleshooting/troubleshoot-games-windows-10) - nothing
    • Checked for any Windows updates.
    • Yes, I have restarted my PC.
    Any advice would be appreciated, thank you.

:)

SadStomach, Mar 21, 2022
  2. SadStomach Win User

Hi Ricardo,

Thanks for the quick response.

I have carried out all the steps you mentioned, except there were no updates and Gaming Services did not have a service/app to reset. But it seems to have resolved the issue: everything is now starting correctly from the xbox app just like before.

The only thing I noticed now seems to be that when I open the Microsoft Store, it's just stuck on continuouly trying to download an update for Gaming Service. Not an issue really, other store updates download fine and I can download new games. Just an observation.

Thanks again.
  3. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi SadStomach! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Please, first go to PC settings app and then to Windows update section, finally check for updates, install any pending ones, sometimes you might need the optionals as well

After this open the Microsoft store app, press the library button at the bottom left corner, then click on get updates

Finally reset the Xbox, gaming services and Microsoft store app

Complete given below directions to reset the app in Windows

Step 1: Open the Settings app. This can be done by clicking its icon in the Start menu or simultaneously pressing Windows logo + I.

Step 2: Click the Apps category icon and then click Apps & features to see all installed apps as well as classic desktop programs.

Step 3: Click on the app that you want to reset to see the Advanced options link. Click on the same (advanced options link).

Step 4: Finally, click the small Reset button. When you click the Reset button, you will find a small dialog box with “This will permanently delete the app’s data on this device, including your preferences and sign-in details.” Click the Reset button in the opened dialog box to reset the app.

Step 5: Once the Reset is done, you will see a check sign next to the Reset button. And restart the Pc
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Game Pass for PC

Hi,

It's up to publishers whether their PC games become part of the 'Play Anywhere' service and thus be also available on Game Pass. Microsoft can't force them to join in.
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

How to set up console's location?

Xbox consoles and services are not available in Slovenia, Microsoft rewards and PC Game Pass are
  6. Barias18 Win User

I keep getting error "Cities: Skylines - Windows 10 Edition is currently not available in your account. Here’s the error code, in case you need it: 0x803F8001" when trying to launch my game

I'm currently looking on the Microsoft store via my PC and I'm unable to find the "Leaving Soon" section. Are all games included with game pass temporary? I bought it to play a few select games and Cities: Skylines was one of them.
Thema:

1. Unable to play PC Game Pass games - Microsoft Gaming Services - Similar Threads - Unable play Game

2. Was unable to get a refund for a gifted game that wasn't even played

in XBoX on Windows
    Was unable to get a refund for a gifted game that wasn't even played: Gifted a friend a game not compatible with their Xbox. Tried to get a refund, denied because the game has been "played or consumed" it hasn't due to my friend not even being able to access it...
  3. I am suddenly unable to play my games on my second Xbox one console. All my games are...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am suddenly unable to play my games on my second Xbox one console. All my games are...: I am suddenly unable to play my games on my second Xbox. There is a small triangle with an exclamation mark in the bottom right corner. Please help. d91237aa-2473-44c4-be88-6fe42b0b2a54
  4. Unable to play any game on my brand new xbox series s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to play any game on my brand new xbox series s: I bought a brand new xbox series s a few days back with utmost excitement to be finally able to play my favourite titles only to realise that i can't play any. My xbox wont run a single game for...
  5. Unable to play multiplayer games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to play multiplayer games.: Whenever I attempt to load into a multiplayer game it gives me the message “The person who bought this needs to sign in” but not only did I buy these games I also redownload them in an attempt to...
  6. UNABLE TO PLAY ONLINE GAMES

in XBoX Games and Apps
    UNABLE TO PLAY ONLINE GAMES: Hi. Im having issues when I want to play online games such as Forza horizon 5 the texas chain saw massacre. Keeps indicating verification of my profile with the servers is not available at the...
  7. Unable to play games with GamePass that require Xbox live sign in (PC) - We couldn't sign...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to play games with GamePass that require Xbox live sign in (PC) - We couldn't sign...: Any time I attempt to sign into a GamePass game, I am met with the error "We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live (0x80070520)" I am able to sign into the Xbox app with my Xbox live account without...
  8. Xbox Game Pass PC - Unabled to connect to EA Play. EA has no support.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Pass PC - Unabled to connect to EA Play. EA has no support.: I bought XBOX game pass. Several EA games are on game pass. To play an EA game through game pass, we are required to download EA play and then launch the game through EA play. However, EA Play...
  9. Able to play most games but unable to play COD MW3

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Able to play most games but unable to play COD MW3: For some reasons when someone is gamesharing with me I can play most of their games but when it comes to the call of duty modernwarefare III It tells me to pre order it when someone im...
  10. Bought a game, played and and unable to accelerate meaning cant play, cant find help in...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought a game, played and and unable to accelerate meaning cant play, cant find help in...: I bought mx atv legends and spend £36 on it. As soon as I opened it, I couldn’t accelerate meaning I couldn’t play the game, couldn’t change settings in game or find help online aswell. Requested...