Unable to play owned PC gamepass games offline.

Discus and support Unable to play owned PC gamepass games offline. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am unable to play owned PC Game Pass games offline. Examples are Surge 2, Guacamelee 2, Battletoads, Yakuza Kiwami. Attempting to play leads to a... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by realCreencia, Apr 1, 2022.

1. realCreencia
    realCreencia Guest

I am unable to play owned PC Game Pass games offline. Examples are Surge 2, Guacamelee 2, Battletoads, Yakuza Kiwami. Attempting to play leads to a connection failed error, as they attempt to go online when launched.

Am I not able to play owned games offline? This will determine whether I purchase any more Microsoft digital products in the the future. I have set store and GamePass permissions to offline and have had them offline prior.

:)

realCreencia, Apr 1, 2022
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi realCreencia! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

If you’re planning on playing offline, you’ll need to prepare your Windows 10/11 device while you have an online connection. It’s important that you do this while you’re online, as once you go offline, you won’t be able to make these changes.

Note You can only change your designated offline device three times per year.

Prepare your device

If you have multiple Windows 10/11 devices, you’ll need to make sure that the device you intend to use offline is set as the designated offline device. You can only have one device as your designated offline device.

To set your device as your designated offline device:

Make sure that you’re online.

Check that your device has the latest Windows updates: Go to Start > Settings > Update & security > Windows Update and see if any relevant updates are available.

Open the Store. You’ll be prompted to sign in if you haven’t already.

Select your profile icon in the upper right corner.

Select App settings, and then under Offline permissions, make sure that the toggle is set to On.

Once you set this, any devices previously designated as offline will be toggled to Off, and you’ll no longer be able to play games offline on those devices.

***Prepare your game or games

Once your device is set up, you’ll need to launch each game you want to play offline while signed in to the Xbox network. You only need to do this once per game, and you’ll need to do this even if you’ve already launched the game on your device.

Make sure that you’re online, and that your device is set as your designated offline device. (See the steps above for details on how to do this.)

Launch the game you want to play offline. When prompted, sign in to Xbox.

Once you’ve started playing the game, you can exit at any time.

Repeat this process for each game you want to play offline. Once completed, you can go offline at any time and launch those games whenever you want to play them, without needing to sign in online each time.
  3. Farscape247 Win User

Home xbox

as gears 4 is in gamepass that licence overwrites your own licence whilst subscribed and gamepass games cannot be played offline i believe. also there are a large amount of gold games that require online connection to run.

but there is another option to try as you are not connected.

go to settings, network and select offline. this then tells the console to run in offline mode.
  4. Tezzarrific Win User

Error code 0x803f8001 when downloading Sea of Thieves

You dont need gold to play on pc, but you do need to own the game or have gamepass for pc.
  5. Tezzerrific Win User

Sea of Thieves

you own the game and you have gamepass ultimate, this is the issue as gamepass ultimate overrides your licence while you are subscribed, so if you play on the pc then that licence is currently in use on the pc, only one device can use that game licence at a time. the only way around this is have gamepass ultimate on the other account that does not own sea of thieves then you can both play at the same time as it will be 2 seperate licences.
  6. Tezzarrific Win User

Why does my pc keep on saying "Looks like you need to renew gold" every time I open Minecraft bedrock? On p.c.

do you own the game on pc, if not you will be trying to download the gamepass version which requires gamepass or ultimate. you need to purchase a copy for each platform you play on.
Thema:

1. Unable to play owned PC gamepass games offline. - Similar Threads - Unable play owned

2. Was unable to get a refund for a gifted game that wasn't even played

in XBoX on Windows
    Was unable to get a refund for a gifted game that wasn't even played: Gifted a friend a game not compatible with their Xbox. Tried to get a refund, denied because the game has been "played or consumed" it hasn't due to my friend not even being able to access it...
  3. I am unable to play Minecraft java edition online

in XBoX Accessibility
    I am unable to play Minecraft java edition online: I tried many different ways to fix this but nothing has worked. My account is over 18, I've allowed everything under the privacy and online safety and I'm pretty sure I am not in a family. So, how...
  4. I am suddenly unable to play my games on my second Xbox one console. All my games are...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am suddenly unable to play my games on my second Xbox one console. All my games are...: I am suddenly unable to play my games on my second Xbox. There is a small triangle with an exclamation mark in the bottom right corner. Please help. d91237aa-2473-44c4-be88-6fe42b0b2a54
  5. Unable to Play Minecraft Java Edition, Migration issue?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to Play Minecraft Java Edition, Migration issue?: Hi All, I have tried to load Minecraft Java edition but get the following error: [img] I have tried migrating previously and gone thorough the security check and tried again today where I get...
  6. Unable to update minecraft bedrock client 1.20.41 to 1.20.5 to be able to play on realms.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to update minecraft bedrock client 1.20.41 to 1.20.5 to be able to play on realms.: I migrated my account a while back and was able to play with my friend who was on switch, I'm playing this version of minecraft:...
  7. Unable to play online

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to play online: I'm trying to play Dragon Age Inquisition on cloud gaming on my PC, but the start button is translucent and won't allow me to click. 95f65b8b-fe96-4056-af07-71492922b44e
  8. Unable to play any game on my brand new xbox series s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to play any game on my brand new xbox series s: I bought a brand new xbox series s a few days back with utmost excitement to be finally able to play my favourite titles only to realise that i can't play any. My xbox wont run a single game for...
  9. Unable to play multiplayer games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to play multiplayer games.: Whenever I attempt to load into a multiplayer game it gives me the message “The person who bought this needs to sign in” but not only did I buy these games I also redownload them in an attempt to...
  10. UNABLE TO PLAY ONLINE GAMES

in XBoX Games and Apps
    UNABLE TO PLAY ONLINE GAMES: Hi. Im having issues when I want to play online games such as Forza horizon 5 the texas chain saw massacre. Keeps indicating verification of my profile with the servers is not available at the...