Unable to play Minecraft after I added phone number to my new Microsoft account

Discus and support Unable to play Minecraft after I added phone number to my new Microsoft account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello, Earlier this year I bought Minecraft Java edition and created an account with my mobile phone number (no email addr. linked). A couple of... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Juha Heikkilä, Sep 15, 2022.

1. Unable to play Minecraft after I added phone number to my new Microsoft account

Hello,

Earlier this year I bought Minecraft Java edition and created an account with my mobile phone number (no email addr. linked).

A couple of weeks ago I created a Microsoft account separately for Outlook and stuff.

Today I added my phone number (the same as I used for Minecraft) and after that I haven't been able to play Minecraft since it doesn't recognize the earlier account that I used to buy the Minecraft licence.

Please help!

:)

Juha Heikkilä, Sep 15, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

3. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Juha, The Minecraft license is attached to the account that was purchased, if it was the account you created with the phone number, you'll have to play and log in through it.

The fact that you create another account, and attach esthed the phone number to the account, does not transfer to the game, nor does it merge accounts.
  4. Juha Heikkilä Win User

Yes, I understand that. The problem is that when I try to log into my original Minecraft account (the one I created first and only using my phone number) the system recognizes me with my new account (the one that doesn't have Minecraft license). Therefore I'm unable to play :/

So, the question is: what should I do to restore my phone number to the first created account?

I don't have any other means to restore the first account since it was created with mobile number and no email address was linked.
  5. vJayJJ Win User

How do I get past “beat the robots”

Hello , My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today. I understand you're having trouble adding your phone number to your Microsoft account. Here are some suggestions that might help you: Try adding a different number: Go to your Microsoft account page and click “Add a phone number.” Now enter a different phone number that you are using and save the changes. Request another verification code: Try adding the number again after a few hours or even a day. You will receive a request code. Use a '0' prefix with your phone number: For example, if your phone number is 493-XXXX, try entering it as 0493-XXXX2. Clear your browser's cache and cookies: This can often be a crucial step in resolving validation issues. Try adding a different number: Go to your Microsoft account page and click “Add a phone number.” Now enter a different phone number that you are using and save the changes. Request another verification code: Try adding the number again after a few hours or even a day. You will receive a request code. Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else. Best regards.
    Hello, I can confirm I have tried all these methods including a different phone number, the issue I’m having is that I can’t continue after proving I’m not a robot, I can only press cancel
  6. David Wirsching Win User

How do I get past “beat the robots”

Hello VJayJJ, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

I understand you're having trouble adding your phone number to your Microsoft account. Here are some suggestions that might help you:

Try adding a different number: Go to your Microsoft account page and click “Add a phone number.” Now enter a different phone number that you are using and save the changes.

Request another verification code: Try adding the number again after a few hours or even a day. You will receive a request code.

Use a '0' prefix with your phone number: For example, if your phone number is 493-XXXX, try entering it as 0493-XXXX2.

Clear your browser's cache and cookies: This can often be a crucial step in resolving validation issues.

Try adding a different number: Go to your Microsoft account page and click “Add a phone number.” Now enter a different phone number that you are using and save the changes.

Request another verification code: Try adding the number again after a few hours or even a day. You will receive a request code.

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best regards.
Thema:

1. Unable to play Minecraft after I added phone number to my new Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Unable play Minecraft

2. I am unable to play Minecraft java edition online

in XBoX Accessibility
    I am unable to play Minecraft java edition online: I tried many different ways to fix this but nothing has worked. My account is over 18, I've allowed everything under the privacy and online safety and I'm pretty sure I am not in a family. So, how...
  3. Unable to Play Minecraft Java Edition, Migration issue?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to Play Minecraft Java Edition, Migration issue?: Hi All, I have tried to load Minecraft Java edition but get the following error: [img] I have tried migrating previously and gone thorough the security check and tried again today where I get...
  4. Unable to update minecraft bedrock client 1.20.41 to 1.20.5 to be able to play on realms.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to update minecraft bedrock client 1.20.41 to 1.20.5 to be able to play on realms.: I migrated my account a while back and was able to play with my friend who was on switch, I'm playing this version of minecraft:...
  5. Unable to play minecraft on my pc, getting Error drowned

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to play minecraft on my pc, getting Error drowned: I have done everything to resting and repairing the Xbox app and Microsoft store and minecraft app to changing my password to resisting them all and restarting my pc so many times and it still...
  6. I am unable to play Minecraft Servers

in XBoX Accessibility
    I am unable to play Minecraft Servers: Despite installing multiple versions of Java, giving all of them access in the firewall, turning all my account multiplayer settings to allow, I am still unable to play multiplayer in Minecraft...
  7. unable to play minecraft with gamepass subscription

in XBoX Games and Apps
    unable to play minecraft with gamepass subscription: I'm trying to play minecraft on pc as i own gamepass however its asking me to sign in i click sign in and it just takes me to buy the game i'm signed in to the same account on store as I am on...
  8. Minecraft Bedrock on Windows unable to play or download 1.20 version.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Bedrock on Windows unable to play or download 1.20 version.: I have purchased Minecraft Bedrock on Windows but am unable to play or download 1.20 version. Launcher only picks up the old 1.17 version and everytime I try to download the update and play it...
  9. My son (child account) is unable to play Minecraft (paid version) in multi-player mode

in XBoX Accessibility
    My son (child account) is unable to play Minecraft (paid version) in multi-player mode: Hi there, I have a parent account and added my son as the child account. It is a great way to monitor screen time, web searches, website visits etc. I love it. I also have a M365 account shared...
  10. Migrating my Minecraft account and creating an Xbox Live profile has left me unable to play...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Migrating my Minecraft account and creating an Xbox Live profile has left me unable to play...: Hello. When migration was going on, I migrated my Mojang Account into a Microsoft Account. A while after, I was required to create a Xbox Live account in order to log into MultiMC, a popular...