Unable to play Minecraft after changing the email associated with my Microsoft account.

Discus and support Unable to play Minecraft after changing the email associated with my Microsoft account. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Edit: I just had to change my primary email back to what it was & restart my computer, that's how easy it was. I changed my the email associated with... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by LMSparrow, Jun 29, 2022.

1. LMSparrow
    LMSparrow Guest

Unable to play Minecraft after changing the email associated with my Microsoft account.

Edit: I just had to change my primary email back to what it was & restart my computer, that's how easy it was.

I changed my the email associated with my Microsoft account and found out I couldn't play the full version of Minecraft, Java and Bedrock, only the demo. When I checked my Order History there was nothing there. I don't have the order numbers because my purchase of Java edition was years ago under an email I don't use (main reason I changed it). Is there any way to fix this?

Edit: Accidentally left out something that could be important, it says "Oh no! Something went wrong, and we couldn't connect to the Minecraft services. Try again".

I'm also having an issue with the Xbox app for PC where it repeatedly brings up a window the size of the sign in window that only has the Xbox logo on it which then closes after a split second. This happens whenever I interact with anything.

Java edition still appears in the "My Games" section of My Profile on Minecraft.net and I can still interact with the links under it. In the "Accounts" section of the launcher settings it shows my Microsoft account as active but these problems still occur.

:)

LMSparrow, Jun 29, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today LMSparrow

Usually when you add-remove aliases on your account, this doesn't delete any content purchased on the Microsoft account, content is deleted only when you delete the whole Microsoft account

But other than that, aliases doesn't impact on the content on your account, please double check if you're signed in the right account

If not, try proceeding recovering it:

The first way is reset password via this link: https://account.live.com/password/reset

You can try all the emails you remember or if you had a phone number attached to the account, you can use that too.

Or you can try fill this other form too https://account.live.com/acsr , in that way you're going to submit a ticket with Microsoft account recovery team

Also, you could try alternative methods to recover your account here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...
  3. Farscape247 Win User

how did you change the email as the email address IS the microsoft account and everything purchased is tied to that microsoft account, you can only change a microsoft account email via alias creation.
  4. Uncle Stan Win User

I need assistance with Minecraft java,

Sorry, I should've worded this better. My original email associated with the account is fine. But they changed the email associated with the Minecraft account.
  5. Megan M23 Win User

Trying to change email address on Minecraft account

My daughter plays Minecraft under her brother's email address.

My son plays Minecraft under my email address.

Both children want to use their own email address without losing their profiles.

I don't understand how adding an alias will work. I don't want to delete my Microsoft account. I want to change the email associated with Minecraft only.
  6. Mister Quasar Win User

Adding/Changing an email to an existing Gamertag

Thema:

1. Unable to play Minecraft after changing the email associated with my Microsoft account. - Similar Threads - Unable play Minecraft

2. I am unable to play Minecraft java edition online

in XBoX Accessibility
    I am unable to play Minecraft java edition online: I tried many different ways to fix this but nothing has worked. My account is over 18, I've allowed everything under the privacy and online safety and I'm pretty sure I am not in a family. So, how...
  3. Unable to Play Minecraft Java Edition, Migration issue?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to Play Minecraft Java Edition, Migration issue?: Hi All, I have tried to load Minecraft Java edition but get the following error: [img] I have tried migrating previously and gone thorough the security check and tried again today where I get...
  4. Unable to update minecraft bedrock client 1.20.41 to 1.20.5 to be able to play on realms.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to update minecraft bedrock client 1.20.41 to 1.20.5 to be able to play on realms.: I migrated my account a while back and was able to play with my friend who was on switch, I'm playing this version of minecraft:...
  5. Unable to play minecraft on my pc, getting Error drowned

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to play minecraft on my pc, getting Error drowned: I have done everything to resting and repairing the Xbox app and Microsoft store and minecraft app to changing my password to resisting them all and restarting my pc so many times and it still...
  6. I am unable to play Minecraft Servers

in XBoX Accessibility
    I am unable to play Minecraft Servers: Despite installing multiple versions of Java, giving all of them access in the firewall, turning all my account multiplayer settings to allow, I am still unable to play multiplayer in Minecraft...
  7. unable to play minecraft with gamepass subscription

in XBoX Games and Apps
    unable to play minecraft with gamepass subscription: I'm trying to play minecraft on pc as i own gamepass however its asking me to sign in i click sign in and it just takes me to buy the game i'm signed in to the same account on store as I am on...
  8. Minecraft Bedrock on Windows unable to play or download 1.20 version.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Bedrock on Windows unable to play or download 1.20 version.: I have purchased Minecraft Bedrock on Windows but am unable to play or download 1.20 version. Launcher only picks up the old 1.17 version and everytime I try to download the update and play it...
  9. My son (child account) is unable to play Minecraft (paid version) in multi-player mode

in XBoX Accessibility
    My son (child account) is unable to play Minecraft (paid version) in multi-player mode: Hi there, I have a parent account and added my son as the child account. It is a great way to monitor screen time, web searches, website visits etc. I love it. I also have a M365 account shared...
  10. Migrating my Minecraft account and creating an Xbox Live profile has left me unable to play...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Migrating my Minecraft account and creating an Xbox Live profile has left me unable to play...: Hello. When migration was going on, I migrated my Mojang Account into a Microsoft Account. A while after, I was required to create a Xbox Live account in order to log into MultiMC, a popular...