Unable to play game I bought on PC that I bought on my Xbox

Discus and support Unable to play game I bought on PC that I bought on my Xbox in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Essentially, I bought Deep Rock Galactic on my Xbox series S. I had an active game pass subscription but I bought the game so I am able to play it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Tigertank5911, Oct 2, 2022.

1. Unable to play game I bought on PC that I bought on my Xbox

Essentially, I bought Deep Rock Galactic on my Xbox series S. I had an active game pass subscription but I bought the game so I am able to play it without game pass. As the game supports Xbox Play Anywhere (as shown in the game's description), I assumed that I would be able to play the game on my PC which I am trying to do. Note, my game pass ran out but I own the game (I have the receipt emailed to me).
    Unable to play game I bought on PC that I bought on my Xbox [​IMG]

However, when I try to launch the game, it gives me this error which is confusing as I do in fact own the game and am signed into the MS store.

Unable to play game I bought on PC that I bought on my Xbox [​IMG]

Could someone help me out please Unable to play game I bought on PC that I bought on my Xbox :)

:)

Tigertank5911, Oct 2, 2022
  2. Tigertank5911 Win User

Hey thank you for responding. I have tried everything in the comment that you mentioned but for some reason it is not working. My gamepass subscription has also recently stopped and the game appears unowned in the MS store. Any ideas on why this might be>
  3. Tigertank5911 Win User

I have it sorted now :) ty for all your help
  4. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Tigertank5911, I did a little research on the error that appears to you when trying to start the game, and found this response from other colleagues in the community.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...
  5. Leemur60 Win User

Unable to play a game I bought

Hi MrYaMaGa

It sounds like it is still trying to run the Game Pass copy. I hade the same issue with Forza Horizon 4. Uninstall the game, reboot the console then go to My Games > Ready to Install and redownload/install the purchased game.
  6. MrYaMaGa Win User

Unable to play a game I bought

I will try this as soon as I get home. Thank you for the help.
Thema:

1. Unable to play game I bought on PC that I bought on my Xbox - Similar Threads - Unable play game

2. Was unable to get a refund for a gifted game that wasn't even played

in XBoX on Windows
    Was unable to get a refund for a gifted game that wasn't even played: Gifted a friend a game not compatible with their Xbox. Tried to get a refund, denied because the game has been "played or consumed" it hasn't due to my friend not even being able to access it...
  3. I am suddenly unable to play my games on my second Xbox one console. All my games are...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am suddenly unable to play my games on my second Xbox one console. All my games are...: I am suddenly unable to play my games on my second Xbox. There is a small triangle with an exclamation mark in the bottom right corner. Please help. d91237aa-2473-44c4-be88-6fe42b0b2a54
  4. Unable to play any game on my brand new xbox series s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to play any game on my brand new xbox series s: I bought a brand new xbox series s a few days back with utmost excitement to be finally able to play my favourite titles only to realise that i can't play any. My xbox wont run a single game for...
  5. Unable to play multiplayer games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to play multiplayer games.: Whenever I attempt to load into a multiplayer game it gives me the message “The person who bought this needs to sign in” but not only did I buy these games I also redownload them in an attempt to...
  6. UNABLE TO PLAY ONLINE GAMES

in XBoX Games and Apps
    UNABLE TO PLAY ONLINE GAMES: Hi. Im having issues when I want to play online games such as Forza horizon 5 the texas chain saw massacre. Keeps indicating verification of my profile with the servers is not available at the...
  7. Unable to play games with GamePass that require Xbox live sign in (PC) - We couldn't sign...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to play games with GamePass that require Xbox live sign in (PC) - We couldn't sign...: Any time I attempt to sign into a GamePass game, I am met with the error "We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live (0x80070520)" I am able to sign into the Xbox app with my Xbox live account without...
  8. Xbox Game Pass PC - Unabled to connect to EA Play. EA has no support.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Pass PC - Unabled to connect to EA Play. EA has no support.: I bought XBOX game pass. Several EA games are on game pass. To play an EA game through game pass, we are required to download EA play and then launch the game through EA play. However, EA Play...
  9. Able to play most games but unable to play COD MW3

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Able to play most games but unable to play COD MW3: For some reasons when someone is gamesharing with me I can play most of their games but when it comes to the call of duty modernwarefare III It tells me to pre order it when someone im...
  10. Bought a game, played and and unable to accelerate meaning cant play, cant find help in...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought a game, played and and unable to accelerate meaning cant play, cant find help in...: I bought mx atv legends and spend £36 on it. As soon as I opened it, I couldn’t accelerate meaning I couldn’t play the game, couldn’t change settings in game or find help online aswell. Requested...