Unable to play any games disc games don’t update can’t download purchases

Discus and support Unable to play any games disc games don’t update can’t download purchases in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; [img] Greetings all. I’m having this maddening issue with my Xbox one since an firmware auto update a few months ago. 1) Games installed via disc... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Theater Aficionado, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Unable to play any games disc games don’t update can’t download purchases

Unable to play any games disc games don’t update can’t download purchases [​IMG]
    Greetings
    all.

I’m having this maddening issue with my Xbox one since an firmware auto update a few months ago.

1) Games installed via disc will copy and install just fine but once i try to Play them it prompts me to update the game and the update fails.

2) Games I have purchased through the Xbox store will not install and fail.

3) System applications like the Blu-ray player will install just fine.

4) My last system update date reads December 31, 1600 at 7:00pm. I cannot get the date to show correctly. I have reset the Xbox five times.
    Unable to play any games disc games don’t update can’t download purchases [​IMG]

5) when I try to perform a system update or installation from the online store I immediately get “Installation stopped” and I can’t resume it no matter what I do. As soon as I hit resume it says installation stopped.

My Troubleshooting thus far

1) i’ve gone through several debugging steps and finally I have reset the Xbox to factory defaults multiple times

2) I have performed the firmware reinstallation three times. I have gone through the process to reinstall the firmware in two steps via attached USB drive several times.

3) Even after a system reset or a brand new firmware update all the sympoms persist. The last updated date remains messed up showing December 31, 1600 at 7 PM. As you can see in the screenshot I am running the latest firmware build after doing the USB updates.

4) I have confirmed my wireless settings and connection each time. I have also switched to ethernet and neither have yielded any results. When the firmware update happened the first time (causing the problems) I had my console connected via ethernet.

5) I have attached an external USB 3.0 SSD Drive to the Xbox One console and I have installed disc games to the external drive and I get the same problem. I can’t update those games on the external drive either

6) I turned auto updates off hoping that would break the loop but I can’t play any games unless I update them.

7) I have scoured online forums and people who have reported some similar behavior don’t get a definitive resolution so I feel stuck.

My Hunch Is that the messed up date of 12/31/1600 is somehow causing a problem and I wish there was a way to truly reset the entire Xbox back to a factory installed state.

i’ve tried everything I know and I’m truly stumped on this one and would appreciate any help!

:)

Theater Aficionado, Aug 24, 2020
  2. Theater Aficionado Win User

I want to update this post in case anyone else has the problem. The bottom line is it appears as though my firewall is the root cause of the issue. I don’t have a consumer grade Firewall and have a high-end professional Firewall.

By plugging in directly to my modem everything started updating just fine.

I went through all the troubleshooting previously including changing my DNS servers.

I’m not yet sure what firewall rule or restriction is the cause but if you do end up with this similar problem bypass everything and plug directly into your providers Internet connection and see if that works. It did for me
  3. WYLDE STYLEZ Win User

0x87e00005 installation stopped all games

I've purchased fallout 4 on a disc with a code for fallout 3 digital download. i can install f4 from disc but the update starts and stops at 0% the same applies to f3 even though I've redeemed the code the game refuses to download, and I am no longer able
    to dowload f4 for gamepass anymore. I've done everything short of smashing it up. I paid for game pass and am unable to play the game I purchased it for , I've purchased the original disc and I'm unable to play that also and the reason I purchased the disc
    was for fallout 3 digital download which I'm unable to download?? and nothing is fixing the problem or refunding me for be ripped off and ignored
  4. Fluke939 Win User

XBOX ONE

If you purchase a game (any game) from the Xbox store, then you can play it without a disc. So long as a purchase is made on your account, you can download and play it anytime.

If you have a disc, even if you install it on an Xbox or download updates, you still need the disc. To play it without the disc you'd need to purchase a digital copy of it
  5. OpenAir74 Win User

COD MW2 cross gen. Where is quick play or any other game modes

Hi, brand new xbox series x, bought cod mw2 cross gen game disc, installed, but only allows dmz or battle Royale, I Uninstalled the game and reinstalled, and same thing. Unable to get to Quick Play, or any other game modes COD has. When I click on the actual game is makes me choose Game Pass A or B. Almost like the game is not there and/or i need to purchase a game pass to play it, or repurchase the whole game. Does it require a previous COD game on the xbox for the cross gen to work properly? Need help! Thanks!
    I have the exact same issue and can’t figure it out. I’ve downloaded all of the updates etc and still says I need to purchase the game pass to play even though I just paid $70 for the game. Very frustrating!
  6. medium bloke Win User

Download Xbox One Games

Hi, if you purchase a disc copy of a game, it will install the data from the disc to the hard drive, and will not download the game. However, game updates may be required to play online.

If you purchase a game-code from your local game shop, it will require you to download the game from the Xbox Live Marketplace.

It's your call, but only the disc will not require you to download the whole game - only potential updates.
Thema:

1. Unable to play any games disc games don’t update can’t download purchases - Similar Threads - Unable play games

2. Was unable to get a refund for a gifted game that wasn't even played

in XBoX on Windows
    Was unable to get a refund for a gifted game that wasn't even played: Gifted a friend a game not compatible with their Xbox. Tried to get a refund, denied because the game has been "played or consumed" it hasn't due to my friend not even being able to access it...
  3. I am suddenly unable to play my games on my second Xbox one console. All my games are...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am suddenly unable to play my games on my second Xbox one console. All my games are...: I am suddenly unable to play my games on my second Xbox. There is a small triangle with an exclamation mark in the bottom right corner. Please help. d91237aa-2473-44c4-be88-6fe42b0b2a54
  4. Unable to play any game on my brand new xbox series s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to play any game on my brand new xbox series s: I bought a brand new xbox series s a few days back with utmost excitement to be finally able to play my favourite titles only to realise that i can't play any. My xbox wont run a single game for...
  5. Unable to play multiplayer games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to play multiplayer games.: Whenever I attempt to load into a multiplayer game it gives me the message “The person who bought this needs to sign in” but not only did I buy these games I also redownload them in an attempt to...
  6. UNABLE TO PLAY ONLINE GAMES

in XBoX Games and Apps
    UNABLE TO PLAY ONLINE GAMES: Hi. Im having issues when I want to play online games such as Forza horizon 5 the texas chain saw massacre. Keeps indicating verification of my profile with the servers is not available at the...
  7. Unable to play games with GamePass that require Xbox live sign in (PC) - We couldn't sign...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to play games with GamePass that require Xbox live sign in (PC) - We couldn't sign...: Any time I attempt to sign into a GamePass game, I am met with the error "We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live (0x80070520)" I am able to sign into the Xbox app with my Xbox live account without...
  8. Xbox Game Pass PC - Unabled to connect to EA Play. EA has no support.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Pass PC - Unabled to connect to EA Play. EA has no support.: I bought XBOX game pass. Several EA games are on game pass. To play an EA game through game pass, we are required to download EA play and then launch the game through EA play. However, EA Play...
  9. Able to play most games but unable to play COD MW3

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Able to play most games but unable to play COD MW3: For some reasons when someone is gamesharing with me I can play most of their games but when it comes to the call of duty modernwarefare III It tells me to pre order it when someone im...
  10. Bought a game, played and and unable to accelerate meaning cant play, cant find help in...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought a game, played and and unable to accelerate meaning cant play, cant find help in...: I bought mx atv legends and spend £36 on it. As soon as I opened it, I couldn’t accelerate meaning I couldn’t play the game, couldn’t change settings in game or find help online aswell. Requested...