Unable to play a XboX GamePass game

Discus and support Unable to play a XboX GamePass game in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Any time I attempt to play a game that I got on game pass I am running into an issue. I will go to open the game and it will ask me to run the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MichaelMcKe, Nov 23, 2021.

1. MichaelMcKe
    MichaelMcKe Guest

Any time I attempt to play a game that I got on game pass I am running into an issue. I will go to open the game and it will ask me to run the "Microsoft Store Dependency Installer", then will open the store for the Gaming Services page. I installed the app for that and then attempt to run the game again and it will continue to go in that loop of wanting me to install Gaming Services.

I have attempted to follow the following steps (found here)

Microsoft has published an update to fix this issue. To install the update, follow these steps:

1. Select the Start button in the lower-left corner of the main screen, and then select Settings.
    2. Select Update & Security > Check for updates.
    3. Select View optional updates, and then select update KB5004476 from the list.KB5004476
    4. Select Download and install.
    5. Once the update is complete, restart your device.
    6. You should now be able to install, update, and launch games.

Still having problems?

Try reinstalling the Gaming Services package on your Windows 10 device:

1. Right-click the Start button in the lower-left corner of the main screen, and then select Windows PowerShell (Admin).
    2. In the Administrator: Windows PowerShell screen, type the following command and press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers
    Any thoughts on this would be helpful. I do not know if the Gaming Service is really meant for Windows 11.

:)

MichaelMcKe, Nov 23, 2021
  2. GrayTheNineLive Win User

Do I keep Xbox game pass games

The games remain on your console, but you will be unable to play until you renew the gamepass subscription.
  3. LuvShiramine Win User

Gamesharing is completely bugged and will not share the xbox live from game pass ultimate

just xbox live, i am unable to play online in any way, while also having gamepass benefits
  4. MichaelMcKe Win User

That did not work. Even though the scripts did not return an error, game services was never removed. When I entered start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN, there was no install option on the MS Store. Upon further inspection, it was still showing on my installed apps.
  5. SammyVS Win User

1. Logout from Xbox app and Microsoft Store app

2. Look for the Xbox app and Microsoft Store app in the Windows menu, right-click, click app settings and then click terminate, restore and reset.

3. Clear the store cache type ''wsreset'' in the Windows bar, run as admin, and wait for the screen to close and open the store automatically.

Open Notepad.

Copy-and-paste the following PowerShell script into the empty Notepad document:

Remove-Item -Path "HKLM:\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServices" -recurse

Remove-Item -Path "HKLM:\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServicesNet" -recurse

Press Ctrl+S to open the Save As dialog box.

In the File name box, type RepairGamingServices.ps1.

Change the Save as type box to All Files (*.*).

Click Save.

Right-click the PowerShell script and select Run as administrator.

Restart your device.

Start the Xbox application. You should see a blue banner with the following message:

This app needs an extra component. Gaming Services is needed for playing some games. Administrator approval is required. Install

Select Install to reinstall Gaming Services.

After the installation is complete, you should be able to install and start games.
  6. SammyVS Win User

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

Right-click the Start button in the lower-left corner of the main screen, and then select Windows PowerShell (Admin).

In the Administrator: Windows PowerShell screen, type the following command and press Enter:

In the same window, type the following commands and press Enter:

Remove-Item -Path "HKLM:\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServices" -recurse

Remove-Item -Path "HKLM:\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServicesNet" -recurse

(It's okay if either of these commands indicates that they keys don't exist)

Restart your device.

Right-click the Start button in the lower-left corner of the main screen, and then select Windows PowerShell (Admin).

In the Administrator: Windows PowerShell screen, type the following command and press Enter:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

Install the app on that page, and then select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.

Try to install the game again.
Thema:

1. Unable to play a XboX GamePass game - Similar Threads - Unable play GamePass

2. Was unable to get a refund for a gifted game that wasn't even played

in XBoX on Windows
    Was unable to get a refund for a gifted game that wasn't even played: Gifted a friend a game not compatible with their Xbox. Tried to get a refund, denied because the game has been "played or consumed" it hasn't due to my friend not even being able to access it...
  3. I am unable to play Minecraft java edition online

in XBoX Accessibility
    I am unable to play Minecraft java edition online: I tried many different ways to fix this but nothing has worked. My account is over 18, I've allowed everything under the privacy and online safety and I'm pretty sure I am not in a family. So, how...
  4. I am suddenly unable to play my games on my second Xbox one console. All my games are...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am suddenly unable to play my games on my second Xbox one console. All my games are...: I am suddenly unable to play my games on my second Xbox. There is a small triangle with an exclamation mark in the bottom right corner. Please help. d91237aa-2473-44c4-be88-6fe42b0b2a54
  5. Unable to Play Minecraft Java Edition, Migration issue?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to Play Minecraft Java Edition, Migration issue?: Hi All, I have tried to load Minecraft Java edition but get the following error: [img] I have tried migrating previously and gone thorough the security check and tried again today where I get...
  6. Unable to update minecraft bedrock client 1.20.41 to 1.20.5 to be able to play on realms.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to update minecraft bedrock client 1.20.41 to 1.20.5 to be able to play on realms.: I migrated my account a while back and was able to play with my friend who was on switch, I'm playing this version of minecraft:...
  7. Unable to play online

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to play online: I'm trying to play Dragon Age Inquisition on cloud gaming on my PC, but the start button is translucent and won't allow me to click. 95f65b8b-fe96-4056-af07-71492922b44e
  8. Unable to play games with GamePass that require Xbox live sign in (PC) - We couldn't sign...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to play games with GamePass that require Xbox live sign in (PC) - We couldn't sign...: Any time I attempt to sign into a GamePass game, I am met with the error "We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live (0x80070520)" I am able to sign into the Xbox app with my Xbox live account without...
  9. unable to play minecraft with gamepass subscription

in XBoX Games and Apps
    unable to play minecraft with gamepass subscription: I'm trying to play minecraft on pc as i own gamepass however its asking me to sign in i click sign in and it just takes me to buy the game i'm signed in to the same account on store as I am on...
  10. unable to play forza horizon 5 on gamepass pc game crashes as soon as i launch it same...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    unable to play forza horizon 5 on gamepass pc game crashes as soon as i launch it same...: pc is fully updated subscription is running rtx 3050 laptop tried restarting on my college wifi so downloaded through vpn tried playing with vpn same results was able to play forza 4 other...