unable to open xbox app since installing gaming services

Discus and support unable to open xbox app since installing gaming services in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I feel i have tried everything that i have been told to uninstall this gaming services (which doesnt seem to be working as it still isnt uninstalled)... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by jordan raine, Feb 25, 2023.

1. jordan raine
    jordan raine Guest

I feel i have tried everything that i have been told to uninstall this gaming services (which doesnt seem to be working as it still isnt uninstalled) and because of this i cant seem to get my xbox app opened at all. I have now been on this problem for about a good 2 hours with no progress at all. I have unistalled the xbox app and reinstalled it again that hasnt worked and i have done the basics of restarting the pc and stuff incase there was any type of update it may needed to do and still nothing. Can anyone help me out with this.

:)

jordan raine, Feb 25, 2023
  2. Dericka Win User

Hi, I'm , an Independent advisor and I can surely help you.

Don't worry we will work on this together. Can you please try to do the steps on this link?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/usi...

Then please restart your PC and try it again. Thanks!
  3. Richard Kerslake Win User

Unable to install gaming services on Windows 11 - Error code 0x80070490

Gaming services is not showing in the installed apps, and the gaming services is not listed in the services,

The folder was present so I deleted the accounts and cache folders and tried the Xbox app again but I was unable to download gaming services still.
  4. L4c3rd4 Win User

Cannot download gaming services simply because the "download button" does not even appear

Try this then, since they're installed, you will uninstall it via powershell and then open the Xbox app and it will ask you to install it again automatically within the app, ok?

In the windows search bar type Powershell > Right click and select open as administrator > Type the command: "get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-Appxpackage –allusers" > Wait for the process to finish and then restart the PC, then open your Xbox gamepass app, it will ask you to install the gaming services again, install it and try again.
  5. Haha Im Starr Win User

Gaming services unable to be installed or opened.

Hello, I have the same issues as Joseph and I have been following a discussion on how to fix gaming services as well. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...services/31596138-5437-42c4-b2d1-bc5e6c6d58d8 this is the link. The solution I was following was the first reply from Lucas.

I believe in the 8th step, in deleting all the temp files, there seems to be one .sys file that cannot be deleted because another application is using it. (shown here).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have tried to close as much applications that I could like Discord, Chrome, all game launchers, iTunes, and even software like iCue and Logitech G Hub. I know for sure I have not closed MSI Dragon Center because I do not like to force quit that, other than that it still is in use and I cannot delete it, which I believe is the source of the problem here
  6. WattyNuela Win User

Gaming services unable to be installed or opened.

Hello Joseph, this is Manuela!. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you ready to assist with this

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this unexpected situation with Gaming services.
    May I know if you're not able to see a notification in the bottom when you open the Xbox app in your PC?

If maybe that's not possible, may I know if you're able to download apps or games directly from the Microsoft store?
Thema:

1. unable to open xbox app since installing gaming services - Similar Threads - unable open app

2. I'm unable to open the Xbox app on Windows 11. I get error 0x80070005. This is after a...

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm unable to open the Xbox app on Windows 11. I get error 0x80070005. This is after a...: I'm unable to open the Xbox app on Windows 11. I get error 0x80070005. This is after a fresh install of Windows 11. I was getting the error before reinstalling Windows 11 as well. I have...
  3. Anyone else unable to open the xbox app?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Anyone else unable to open the xbox app?: Its been crashing and freezing when I play Football Manager 24, I've downloaded the new app from the app store and all I get is ablack screen with the xbox sign and nothing else :(...
  4. New update makes me unable to talk or hear in xbox parties without having games bar open in

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    New update makes me unable to talk or hear in xbox parties without having games bar open in: Xbox App for windows recently updated and now I cant hear or talk in a party. App had me update to version 2311.1001.7.0 and now i cannot hear my friends in a party or talk to them properly. I am...
  5. I am unable to open xbox game bar.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am unable to open xbox game bar.: I want to record some clips but when I pressed windows + G, it did nothing. I went into settings then gaming, so I found out it was turned off but when I turned it on and tried again, it did...
  6. I am unable to play Jigsaw, I select a puzzle and it doesn't open

in XBoX Accessibility
    I am unable to play Jigsaw, I select a puzzle and it doesn't open: I am no longer able to play jigsaw, I select a puzzle but it never opens just has a rotating circle on the screen 3dfa53aa-37b6-4bf2-906a-19f93e2353d7
  7. unable to open microfoft store it only show's server problem and try after some times

in XBoX Games and Apps
    unable to open microfoft store it only show's server problem and try after some times: we weren't able to connect the store this might happen because of a server problem or the network connection timed out please wait few mniutes and try again. This is show from since 2 months ago....
  8. Get the app to open this link ms-xbl-multiplayer - Unable to play multiplayer game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Get the app to open this link ms-xbl-multiplayer - Unable to play multiplayer game: I get an error when I want to join a friend in the game sea of thives bb9d09bc-ddf6-4a0f-894a-4b90d82e23b0
  9. Minecraft Legacy Launcher Wont Open, "Unable to Update Native Launcher"

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Legacy Launcher Wont Open, "Unable to Update Native Launcher": I am running Windows 7, which I know is unsupported but the legacy launcher still is so I thought I'd give this a try after MojangTech Support ghosted me. I am trying to play Minecraft Java. I...
  10. Gaming services unable to be installed or opened.

in XBoX on Windows
    Gaming services unable to be installed or opened.: So i was following the instructions on a post i saw on here and i believe i may have messed up in one of the steps because when i got to the part where im supposed to open gaming services the...