Unable to obtain Minecraft: Java Edition on my microsoft account despite it appearing to...

Discus and support Unable to obtain Minecraft: Java Edition on my microsoft account despite it appearing to... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hey, if you read the title you know what the problem is, but I'd like to give some context. Several years ago I purchased MC Pocket Edition for a... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Kian Sr, Oct 8, 2022.

1. Kian Sr
    Kian Sr Guest

Unable to obtain Minecraft: Java Edition on my microsoft account despite it appearing to...

Hey, if you read the title you know what the problem is, but I'd like to give some context. Several years ago I purchased MC Pocket Edition for a Kindle Fire 7, one of the really old generations (was newer at the time), on an amazon account attached to this very email. Later on I also connected it to my XBox account which was ALSO on this email that I'm posting with. Fast forward to today, I remember that with the new bundle, one could get Java for free if they owned Bedrock already, and was excited to get a free copy of Java Edition.

To my dismay, after installing the new launcher, all I saw for Java Edition was a "Play Demo" button, and when I went to the purchase page it wanted me to buy the game, implying my account didn't already own it.

My order history also doesn't show any record of having bought Bedrock Edition, but despite all this, I'm able to log onto Bedrock Edition just fine, it doesn't say anything about a demo or needing to purchase the game, and it lets me join multiplayer servers, a feature which you probably don't get if you don't buy the game.

I believe this to be the result of me originally purchasing the game not as Bedrock Edition and not on the Microsoft Store or through a Microsoft account, but instead way back when it was known as Minecraft: Pocket Edition, and because I originally purchased it through the Amazon Appstore, on an Amazon account.

:)

Kian Sr, Oct 8, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Unable to obtain Minecraft: Java Edition on my microsoft account despite it appearing to own Bedrock edition

I'm sorry but yes, the original game that you have should be the Minecraft Bedrock Edition for PC.
  3. Kian Sr Win User

Unable to obtain Minecraft: Java Edition on my microsoft account despite it appearing to own Bedrock edition

Dang, so despite the game clearly working on PC and functioning as a PC game, I'm not eligible for free Java Edition because I purchased the game on a different platform? That sucks.
  4. Francia J. Win User

Hi Kian, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Just a friendly reminder though that you'll be able to obtain the promotion if you have the Minecraft Bedrock Edition for PC previously purchased. The one that you have obtained is indeed Bedrock Edition as well but it's not for PC which is why it's still asking you to buy the game.

For your reference, you can check this link: Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition for PC FAQ - https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/66...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  5. Arsalan_824 Win User

Minecraft Java asks me to buy again.

Hi Fernando,

I have tried this already and it does not work.

The problem is that when Iog into microsoft and look at my owned games, it appears that my microsoft account does not own minecraft java edition and only owns the bedrock edition, even though i've been playing Java edition on it daily up till now.

Thanks.
  6. Marrion_Y Win User

How to get Minecraft Java with Bedrock Edition

Hi Cavan Johnsen,

Welcome to Microsoft Xbox Community Forum. I understand that you are trying to get Minecraft Java with Bedrock Edition, and you have Minecraft Bedrock for PC, but you are unable to access the Java tab. I'll be happy to assist you with this.

Firstly, it's important to note that Minecraft Java and Minecraft Bedrock are two separate versions of the game. Minecraft Java is the original version of the game, while Minecraft Bedrock is the cross-platform version of the game that is available on multiple devices.

To get Minecraft Java with Bedrock Edition, you will need to purchase Minecraft Java separately. You can purchase Minecraft Java from the official Minecraft website. Once you have purchased Minecraft Java, you will be able to access the Bedrock Edition by logging into your Microsoft account and downloading the game from the Microsoft Store. However, if you have purchased Minecraft Bedrock Edition before June 6th, 2022, you are eligible to redeem a free copy of Minecraft Java Edition from the official website. Here are the steps to do so:

1. Go to Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition for PC Standard Edition and log in with your Microsoft account.

2. Click on "Redeem a copy" and follow the instructions to claim your code.

3. Download the Minecraft Launcher for Windows from https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/download and install it on your PC.

4. Sign into the Launcher using your Microsoft account, and you will be able to run Java Edition.

If you are unable to access the Java tab on the Minecraft launcher, it could be due to a few reasons. One possible reason is that you may not have purchased Minecraft Java yet. Another possible reason is that you may not have logged into your Minecraft account on the launcher.

To log into your Minecraft account on the launcher, follow these steps:

1. Open the Minecraft launcher.

2. Click on the "Settings" button.

3. Click on the "Accounts" tab.

4. Enter your Minecraft account email and password.

5. Click on the "Save" button.

Once you have logged into your Minecraft account on the launcher, you should be able to access the Java tab and purchase Minecraft Java.

I hope this helps! If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,

Marrion
Thema:

1. Unable to obtain Minecraft: Java Edition on my microsoft account despite it appearing to... - Similar Threads - Unable obtain Minecraft

2. Since the update on April 10th/11th, unable to record any game clips

in XBoX on Consoles
    Since the update on April 10th/11th, unable to record any game clips: Hi, Since update 10.0.25398.4086 (xb_flt_2404zn.240402-1830), my Xbox One is not able to record anything. [Description of how it looks] When I try to record, sometimes I get a pop up saying...
  3. Unable to connect to Xbox live through backwards compatibility.

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to connect to Xbox live through backwards compatibility.: As the title reads, I’m unable to connect to Xbox live through backwards compatibility through Xbox 360. The issue started yesterday and I just thought the servers were down but it turns out it...
  4. Unable to start Xbox app on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to start Xbox app on PC: Greetings! Since roughly 2 weeks ago I am unable to start the Xbox PC app and thus unable to access any games through my gamepass. The problem shown is the following: Upon starting up the Xbox...
  5. On the Xbox app I have this error "0x80070426" which makes it unable for me to update the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    On the Xbox app I have this error "0x80070426" which makes it unable for me to update the...: [img] I have tried reinstalling the Xbox app, Gaming services and even the Microsoft Store. The only windows update I need is the 2024-01 Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based...
  6. why am i unable to right click on games?

in XBoX on Windows
    why am i unable to right click on games?: so before this issue, i was trying to fix the game bar not running in background and then shortcuts not working. but after i fixed them suddenly whenever i right click on a game in my game library...
  7. Unable to access audio settings

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to access audio settings: So I just connected my razer nari ultimate to my xbox series s and im unable to access my audio settings (mic monitoring, headset chat mixer and headset volume) and I was just wondering if there's...
  8. Xbox unable to connect to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox unable to connect to internet: I have a xbox 360 with me and I have been trying to connect to xbox live for past couple of months but have failed miserably. It is showing ICMP error each time I try and connect and have no clue...
  9. Unabl to connect withe the showr

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unabl to connect withe the showr: I am connected think internet but I can't connect to Xbox Live a4ab5347-082b-4647-98f3-18bb62387b21
  10. What to do when unable to obtain vehicle from “Car Packs”?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What to do when unable to obtain vehicle from “Car Packs”?: I’m currently having trouble with obtaining the Hennessey Venom F5 from the “Car Packs” page. Anytime I click the vehicle, a message pops up saying “Already Purchased. This content has already...