Unable to migrate Xbox 360 account region

Discus and support Unable to migrate Xbox 360 account region in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I am a Chinese Xbox One user and my Xbox 360 account region is China by default. Since Xbox 360 was never sold in China, there is no such 360 region as... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by dblouisdb, Feb 7, 2019.

1. dblouisdb
    dblouisdb Guest

I am a Chinese Xbox One user and my Xbox 360 account region is China by default. Since Xbox 360 was never sold in China, there is no such 360 region as China. As a result, I cannot buy backward compatible games or get free 360 games with my gold subscription.
    I tried to change my account region at 'live.xbox.com/accountmigration' but it keeps saying 'There’s a problem completing your move right now. Please check the Region Change Support Page to make sure it will work for you, and try again later.' I have contacted
    dozens of Microsoft Support in months and received different answers. Some said I have billing information in other region, some said Microsoft can detect the physical location of my console, some said I had to prove I was not a minor. In the end, none of
    these checked out and I still cannot migrate my account. Does anyone have an idea?

:)

dblouisdb, Feb 7, 2019
  2. The Viral Cyrix Win User

I changed my Region on my Xbox - now I can't redeem my code, no matter what.

Changing the region on your console does not change the region of your account. for that you would need the region migration tool to change your xbox 360 region as it is a 360 game. You may find that you are unable to do somethings you are used to when
    you change your region. I would suggest contacting the retailer for assistance with this matter as game keys are not usually region free
  3. ChiefJoboo Win User

First, Games with Gold is not available in China:
    https://support.xbox.com/my-account/xbox-live-membership/games-with-gold-faq

If your region on Xbox one is set to another region that is not where you live that may cause other problems.

If you can't migrate your account or buy xbox 360 games you must contact xbox support, we can't help with such issues on the forums:

http://support.xbox.com/contact-us
  4. HassanB Win User

Can't download Sonic Unleashed becuase of my state/region...what to do???

Migrating your account to Israel would basically make it unusable on the Xbox 360. You would be unable to access your account because you would now be trying to connect to LIVE under your correct region which is not on the supported region list. It's best
    to purchase physical disc copies if you really want to play games.
  5. Smwutches Win User

problems with the xbox digital game card

Try migrating your account region regardless. For some reason the region on the 360 side of some accounts does not match. Migrating your account region should fix the issue and you should be able to download the games.
  6. Mister Beep Win User

Gears of war 1 and 3 codes not working

Hey there GreenBunny11,

That error is normally a region mismatch error, as ngocphi suggested. To solve this, you will need to migrate your Xbox Live account region to the region you're
    physically located in using our
    Xbox Live Account Migration tool
    . If you're physically in a region that is not Xbox Live supported, unfortunately we are unable to further assist as there won't be a solution for that error.

Keep us posted on how it goes!
Thema:

1. Unable to migrate Xbox 360 account region - Similar Threads - Unable migrate 360

2. Since the update on April 10th/11th, unable to record any game clips

in XBoX on Consoles
    Since the update on April 10th/11th, unable to record any game clips: Hi, Since update 10.0.25398.4086 (xb_flt_2404zn.240402-1830), my Xbox One is not able to record anything. [Description of how it looks] When I try to record, sometimes I get a pop up saying...
  3. Unable to connect to Xbox live through backwards compatibility.

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to connect to Xbox live through backwards compatibility.: As the title reads, I’m unable to connect to Xbox live through backwards compatibility through Xbox 360. The issue started yesterday and I just thought the servers were down but it turns out it...
  4. Unable to start Xbox app on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to start Xbox app on PC: Greetings! Since roughly 2 weeks ago I am unable to start the Xbox PC app and thus unable to access any games through my gamepass. The problem shown is the following: Upon starting up the Xbox...
  5. On the Xbox app I have this error "0x80070426" which makes it unable for me to update the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    On the Xbox app I have this error "0x80070426" which makes it unable for me to update the...: [img] I have tried reinstalling the Xbox app, Gaming services and even the Microsoft Store. The only windows update I need is the 2024-01 Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based...
  6. why am i unable to right click on games?

in XBoX on Windows
    why am i unable to right click on games?: so before this issue, i was trying to fix the game bar not running in background and then shortcuts not working. but after i fixed them suddenly whenever i right click on a game in my game library...
  7. Unable to Play Minecraft Java Edition, Migration issue?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to Play Minecraft Java Edition, Migration issue?: Hi All, I have tried to load Minecraft Java edition but get the following error: [img] I have tried migrating previously and gone thorough the security check and tried again today where I get...
  8. Thought I migrated account, was unable to, and never got warning emails about it.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Thought I migrated account, was unable to, and never got warning emails about it.: I have a Minecraft account, purchased December 18th, 2010. I have the original user name as well as the Transaction ID. I have certain expected entitlements, as an Alpha/Legacy account holder. I...
  9. Unable to access Minecraft after Migration

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to access Minecraft after Migration: A little over a year ago I migrated my Mojang account to my Microsoft account, this process was done successfully and without any issues that was until about a month ago. I had decided to play...
  10. Migrating my Minecraft account and creating an Xbox Live profile has left me unable to play...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Migrating my Minecraft account and creating an Xbox Live profile has left me unable to play...: Hello. When migration was going on, I migrated my Mojang Account into a Microsoft Account. A while after, I was required to create a Xbox Live account in order to log into MultiMC, a popular...