Unable to manage Xbox account through xbox.com

Discus and support Unable to manage Xbox account through xbox.com in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Trying to play forza horizon 4 but some content is locked behind some privacy thing so i go to manage my xbox account and it just redirects me to a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by XthevikingX21, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Unable to manage Xbox account through xbox.com

Trying to play forza horizon 4 but some content is locked behind some privacy thing so i go to manage my xbox account and it just redirects me to a random page talking about how to turn off the privacy setting which loops everytime i retry(this happens
    on both my phone and my pc. Please help because the Microsoft support isnt helping, thx for you time

:)

XthevikingX21, Jan 25, 2020
  2. XthevikingX21 Win User

Should i just make a new xbox account and if so would all my games be saved because i dont really want to rebuy all the games
  3. XBF Chris J Win User

Hello XthevikingX21,

Thank you for posting here on the Xbox forums. Unfortunately, your games and saved data would not follow you over to another account if you end up making a new one. It is possible that you are getting that error message because your account was created with
    a birthdate under the age of 18. This is usually the case in my experience. In this scenario, updating your birthdate would not help. Your Xbox profile will always prioritize the first birthdate that was entered during account creation.

You would need to have an adult account add you to their family so that the adult account could then manage your privacy settings from their account. Here are some links that can help you out.

Create a child account and add family members on Xbox One

Manage app privacy settings on Xbox One

Forza Horizon 4 - Forza Motorsport Forums

Forza Support

4. XthevikingX21 Win User

I have updated my age to the correct age (over 18) and yet i cannot do some of the functions e.g. upload custom pfp and so on. Do i need to wait some time or is it bugging out?
  5. DrifterX22 Win User

Parental consent and Microsoft child accounts
    Applies to: Microsoft account

Helping kids explore technology safely is one of Microsoft’s top goals. You may get prompted to receive or give parental consent if you live in a region that requires permission to create an account and access services like Outlook.com, Skype, and Xbox. In
    addition to complying with these important regulations, we offer family features that include content restrictions, screen time and activity reporting through family.microsoft.com. It’s where you’ll go to manage your child’s account.

Examples of regulations that require parental consent:

• Child Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) – United States
    • General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) – European Union
    • Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA) – South Korea

Hide all
    How do I provide consent for a child account?

To provide consent for a child’s Microsoft account, simply provide your e-signature, using the name that's listed on your Microsoft account. If it doesn't look right, you can update your name during the consent process.

Note

For customers in the region of South Korea, the only option to provide parental consent or verify your age is iPin.

Will I have to provide a signature for each child I sign up?
    No. Once you’ve confirmed that you’re an adult, you can use your Microsoft account to approve additional child accounts with no extra steps.

I'm an adult but I'm being asked for parental consent. What do I do?
    The birthdate on your account indicates that you're underage. If you're being asked to provide an e-signature, you can update your birthdate on account.microsoft.com/profile.

I use this account as part of my business but am being asked for parental consent. What do I do?
    If you're being asked for parental consent, the birthdate on your account indicates that you're underage. If you're being asked to provide an e-signature, you can update your birthdate on account.microsoft.com/profile.

Why do I get an error message when I'm trying to provide consent for my child?

Here are a couple of reasons why you may be seeing an error message:

You may need to sign in with a different Microsoft account
    If you’ve used a Microsoft account in the past to manage your child’s account, then you’ll need to use that same account to give them consent. You can check which accounts have access to your child’s account by having your child sign in to family.microsoft.com.
    You’ll see email addresses listed under the names of each member of their family group.

Your child already received consent
    If your child sent requests to another parent or multiple guardians for consent, someone else may have already provided consent for them. Have your child sign in to family.microsoft.com to
    see which accounts are associated with theirs.

Can I remove consent for my child's Microsoft account?

Yes. If for any reason you no longer want your child to have a Microsoft account, visit family.microsoft.comand sign in with your Microsoft account. Scroll down and select Manage
    my child’s profile info, find your child, and then select Remove consent for this child’s account.

Can I add or remove a child's account from my family group?

Yes. To add a child's account to your family group, see Add members to your Microsoft family. To remove a child's account from your family group, see Remove
    members from your Microsoft family
  6. Thulm Win User

Can't purchase 1 month of Gold.

Have you tried adding the credit card to your account through Xbox.com via your "Manage Payment Options" under your "Manage Account"? .

If so ....

Have you considered contacting Xbox Support ? .

( 1-800-4MYXBOX ) .
Thema:

1. Unable to manage Xbox account through xbox.com - Similar Threads - Unable manage account

2. Since the update on April 10th/11th, unable to record any game clips

in XBoX on Consoles
    Since the update on April 10th/11th, unable to record any game clips: Hi, Since update 10.0.25398.4086 (xb_flt_2404zn.240402-1830), my Xbox One is not able to record anything. [Description of how it looks] When I try to record, sometimes I get a pop up saying...
  3. Unable to connect to Xbox live through backwards compatibility.

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to connect to Xbox live through backwards compatibility.: As the title reads, I’m unable to connect to Xbox live through backwards compatibility through Xbox 360. The issue started yesterday and I just thought the servers were down but it turns out it...
  4. Unable to start Xbox app on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to start Xbox app on PC: Greetings! Since roughly 2 weeks ago I am unable to start the Xbox PC app and thus unable to access any games through my gamepass. The problem shown is the following: Upon starting up the Xbox...
  5. On the Xbox app I have this error "0x80070426" which makes it unable for me to update the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    On the Xbox app I have this error "0x80070426" which makes it unable for me to update the...: [img] I have tried reinstalling the Xbox app, Gaming services and even the Microsoft Store. The only windows update I need is the 2024-01 Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based...
  6. why am i unable to right click on games?

in XBoX on Windows
    why am i unable to right click on games?: so before this issue, i was trying to fix the game bar not running in background and then shortcuts not working. but after i fixed them suddenly whenever i right click on a game in my game library...
  7. Unable to access audio settings

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to access audio settings: So I just connected my razer nari ultimate to my xbox series s and im unable to access my audio settings (mic monitoring, headset chat mixer and headset volume) and I was just wondering if there's...
  8. I am unable to buy realms due to family manager

in XBoX Accessibility
    I am unable to buy realms due to family manager: when ever I try to press the button to start the free trial It doesn't allow me, it pops up with the message: "You aren't able to buy this item: your family manager won't be able to complete this...
  9. My Gamertag is linked to an EA account that I no longer am able to manage and I'm unable to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Gamertag is linked to an EA account that I no longer am able to manage and I'm unable to...: My current gamertag is linked to an EA account I created from my Xbox 360 13 years ago to play one of the early Battlefront games. My personal info and email address have since changed and I no...
  10. Unable to find Advanced management features

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to find Advanced management features: I cant find advanced management features no matter where i look, and i cant find any articles that explain how to do i submitted by /u/Lost_Video_5025 [link] [comments]