Unable to manage / uninstall / launch game after patch download

Discus and support Unable to manage / uninstall / launch game after patch download in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've enjoyed my Xbox One trouble-free since launch. I've also been enjoying The Division since it's release with zero issues. That all changed... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ske7ch-21F8A616-A687-43BA-AD12-2871597BA034, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Unable to manage / uninstall / launch game after patch download

I've enjoyed my Xbox One trouble-free since launch. I've also been enjoying The Division since it's release with zero issues. That all changed yesterday.

Upon returning from a vacation I launched the game and was prompted to download a patch. Once the patch completed, the game would no longer launch. It would pop up the title screen and then immediately drop back to the home screen. Over the course of trying
    to launch the game I've had multiple issues:

- Game just drops back to home screen

- Prompted with errors (neither code is recognized on Xbox.com support article database)

- At one point lost the option to 'manage' game at all (had to navigate to system/storage and from there I could at least manage)

- System wouldn't let me uninstall any games at all until performing multiple hard-resets

- Attempt to launch game and it takes me to the store page and "Install" is an available option. I click on install and then it spins indefinitely with no progress (I've let this go on for two hours to no avail)

I have tried everything I can think of so far:

- Have fully reset console multiple times (have held down power 10+ seconds, have also unplugged power brick for a few minutes, etc..)

- I have already uninstalled the complete game and re-downloaded it (took 7 hours to download). **My console also inexplicably loses the ability to uninstall games, took multiple tries/resets to finally get Division to even uninstall

- I tried clearing alternate mac addresses/reset per some other forum tips I found with similar issue

- I have removed/re-added my account to the console

- I have disconnected / reconnected the external HDD

- I have removed from external and re-installed on internal HDD. Same results. Sometimes it tells me there's not enough space (console shows over 175GB free, over 1.5TB free on external)

System/storage shows a mysterious Division file on the internal HDD but i'm unable to uninstall it. Nothing happens. The full game is located on the external HDD. Yesterday I uninstalled from external and re-downloaded to internal but still wouldn't work.

I suspect that the Division patch failed to fully download/install/apply and as a result has left the game in a broken state and perhaps left bits in some temporary cache that's causing cascading issues. Still, I'd expect a full uninstall/re-download to
    fix such an issue but it has not. So far support doesn't seem to have an escalation process applicable to this issue.

The only thing I've yet to do is a full factory restore of the console itself which I'm dreading but starting to feel desperate and frustrated enough to do. I'd need to wipe all content as that'd be the only way to make sure the mysterious Division scraps
    are wiped away. Then, based on how long it took to just re-download the 32GB of the Division yesterday, I should have my entire game library back in about 20 days of continuous non-stop downloading. Unable to manage / uninstall / launch game after patch download :(

:)

ske7ch-21F8A616-A687-43BA-AD12-2871597BA034, Apr 13, 2016
  2. Issues installing COD AW on Xbox one?

Yeah I had that issue, and i tried what MR. BN suggested and didnt work.

What I did was uninstalled COD, then go in setting and make xbox go offline, then install the cod, after install go online and download patch

seems like there an issue with the xbox downloading the patch before installing the game.

LamaBraveheart, Apr 13, 2016
  3. Giggles008
    Giggles008 Guest
    Can't uninstall games.

After clicking manage game you have to drop down box in top left corner and click uninstall all.

Giggles008, Apr 13, 2016
  4. M3tal Daz3
    M3tal Daz3 Guest

After reading your post I headed to the Division page and found out that this issue regarding Xbox one players is recognized and will be soon addressed by the publisher. This is the statement released by Ubisoft regarding this issue:

"Some of you reported that their characters went missing after Update 1.1. Our team has identified and fixed the source of this issue to ensure that your characters could be correctly restored.

The issue was caused by a malfunctioning server that couldn’t synchronize character data correctly and corrupted them instead. The game client was unable to read this corrupted data, and simply assumed that the character didn’t exist. Once this has been
    identified, we were able to restore the server to its normal functions, thus ensuring that the issue will no longer occur for other players.

For those who experienced the issue: your character is not gone. We are currently working on a fix that should make it available shortly. Implementing this fix will require a server downtime, and we will let you know when we are ready to perform it.

Please note however that in order to make your character available, we will need to restore the latest uncorrupted save of your entire account, which happened during the server maintenance of April 12. In other words, your character will be back just as
    you left it on April 12 at 9am CEST | 3am EDT | 12am PDT. You will lose any progress made on this character or any other one from the same account between April 12 and the next maintenance.

We apologize for the inconvenience and want to thank you for your understanding and your help in identifying this issue"

M3tal Daz3, Apr 13, 2016
  5. OmarLinares
    OmarLinares Guest
    I recommend you to Restore Console to Factory defaults....but don't worry, it is not a complete default. There is actually an option that does not delete the games and apps, only the OS and possible corrupted data.

support.xbox.com/.../reset-console-to-factory-defaults

OmarLinares, Apr 13, 2016
  6. OmarLinares
    OmarLinares Guest
    It Is the option RESET AND KEEP MY GAMES AND APPS

OmarLinares, Apr 13, 2016
  7. Big thanks to Jeff on Xbox support chat for spending nearly 90 minutes trying every possible work through. As expected the only real recourse was a full factory reset of the console and then re-downloading The Division.

Thankfully, that worked. And I was able to move everything else to external to avoid having to re d/l it all.

Edit: Thank you guys for your recommendations/help! I wasn't aware of a Division character problem but I don't think that was my issue. I'm 99% certain that the patch download failed to complete/install properly and corrupted my game locally. At one point
    I could see game files showing up on both my internal and external drives. I was unable to uninstall the mysterious file that kept showing up on my internal HDD thus needed to go with the full restore/erase to make sure it was purged. It was. Unable to manage / uninstall / launch game after patch download :D

As a side benefit, I had been unable to uninstall several games from my internal HDD, including Titanfall which I haven't played in maybe 2 years, so this at least freed up that space again too.

Appreciate the help!

ske7ch-21F8A616-A687-43BA-AD12-2871597BA034, Oct 31, 2018
  8. ske7ch-21F8A616-A687 Win User

Big thanks to Jeff on Xbox support chat for spending nearly 90 minutes trying every possible work through. As expected the only real recourse was a full factory reset of the console and then re-downloading The Division.

Thankfully, that worked. And I was able to move everything else to external to avoid having to re d/l it all.

Edit: Thank you guys for your recommendations/help! I wasn't aware of a Division character problem but I don't think that was my issue. I'm 99% certain that the patch download failed to complete/install properly and corrupted my game locally. At one point
    I could see game files showing up on both my internal and external drives. I was unable to uninstall the mysterious file that kept showing up on my internal HDD thus needed to go with the full restore/erase to make sure it was purged. It was. :D

As a side benefit, I had been unable to uninstall several games from my internal HDD, including Titanfall which I haven't played in maybe 2 years, so this at least freed up that space again too.

Appreciate the help!
  9. OmarLinares Win User

It Is the option RESET AND KEEP MY GAMES AND APPS
  10. OmarLinares Win User

I recommend you to Restore Console to Factory defaults....but don't worry, it is not a complete default. There is actually an option that does not delete the games and apps, only the OS and possible corrupted data.

support.xbox.com/.../reset-console-to-factory-defaults
  11. M3tal Daz3 Win User

After reading your post I headed to the Division page and found out that this issue regarding Xbox one players is recognized and will be soon addressed by the publisher. This is the statement released by Ubisoft regarding this issue:

"Some of you reported that their characters went missing after Update 1.1. Our team has identified and fixed the source of this issue to ensure that your characters could be correctly restored.

The issue was caused by a malfunctioning server that couldn’t synchronize character data correctly and corrupted them instead. The game client was unable to read this corrupted data, and simply assumed that the character didn’t exist. Once this has been
    identified, we were able to restore the server to its normal functions, thus ensuring that the issue will no longer occur for other players.

For those who experienced the issue: your character is not gone. We are currently working on a fix that should make it available shortly. Implementing this fix will require a server downtime, and we will let you know when we are ready to perform it.

Please note however that in order to make your character available, we will need to restore the latest uncorrupted save of your entire account, which happened during the server maintenance of April 12. In other words, your character will be back just as
    you left it on April 12 at 9am CEST | 3am EDT | 12am PDT. You will lose any progress made on this character or any other one from the same account between April 12 and the next maintenance.

We apologize for the inconvenience and want to thank you for your understanding and your help in identifying this issue"
  12. hlwim Win User

AC3 Remastered game patches don't show up for download

I've uninstalled & reinstalled six times already, hard rebooting the console between for the last three times. There's no DLC for this game; it's just the single digital download. I've also launched the game after each re-installation, hoping that might
    trigger the patch to download, but unfortunately it doesn't.
Thema:

1. Unable to manage / uninstall / launch game after patch download - Similar Threads - Unable manage uninstall

2. Unable to install Minecraft Launcher

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to install Minecraft Launcher: I tried to install the new 1.20.5 version of Minecraft and it kept crashing, so I uninstalled the launcher and now trying to re-install it won't work. I've: 1. Restarted my PC several times 2....
  3. Xbox one unable to turn my roku tv off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one unable to turn my roku tv off: So ive recently switched tvs and i usually have my xbox turn the tv on and off because it saves me time and focus and the roku tv does not respond to the inputs, so i was wondering if its possible...
  4. Xbox Series X Error 8015190E - Unable to sign into Xbox live backwards compatible 360 games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Error 8015190E - Unable to sign into Xbox live backwards compatible 360 games: I've been getting a 8015190E error code within the past week when attempting to sign into a 360 backwards compatible game on my xbox series X. I attempted hard reseting my Xbox, changing my DNS...
  5. I am unable to load into Fortnite yet have full connectivity from Wifi.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am unable to load into Fortnite yet have full connectivity from Wifi.: I have been trying to load into fortnite for over an hour. I appear to be having an issie with my wifi yet my xbox states all tests are able to be passed, connection tests, internet speed tests,...
  6. Xbox series X Unable to record gameplay since April 13 update

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series X Unable to record gameplay since April 13 update: I regularly record my gameplay for Youtube purposes, but since the weekend of April 13th i am no longer able to record gameplay. I can record 1 or 2x but after that the recording will instantly...
  7. Since the update on April 10th/11th, unable to record any game clips

in XBoX on Consoles
    Since the update on April 10th/11th, unable to record any game clips: Hi, Since update 10.0.25398.4086 (xb_flt_2404zn.240402-1830), my Xbox One is not able to record anything. [Description of how it looks] When I try to record, sometimes I get a pop up saying...
  8. I am unable to buy realms due to family manager

in XBoX Accessibility
    I am unable to buy realms due to family manager: when ever I try to press the button to start the free trial It doesn't allow me, it pops up with the message: "You aren't able to buy this item: your family manager won't be able to complete this...
  9. My Gamertag is linked to an EA account that I no longer am able to manage and I'm unable to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Gamertag is linked to an EA account that I no longer am able to manage and I'm unable to...: My current gamertag is linked to an EA account I created from my Xbox 360 13 years ago to play one of the early Battlefront games. My personal info and email address have since changed and I no...
  10. Unable to find Advanced management features

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to find Advanced management features: I cant find advanced management features no matter where i look, and i cant find any articles that explain how to do i submitted by /u/Lost_Video_5025 [link] [comments]