Unable to make purchases or start downloads on my Xbox 360 Elite console store or on my...

Discus and support Unable to make purchases or start downloads on my Xbox 360 Elite console store or on my... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently bought a used Xbox 360 Elite, and up until yesterday I was able to buy games and download them from the Game Store on the console. On Oct... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JesseLaRock, Nov 9, 2021.

1. JesseLaRock
    JesseLaRock Guest

Unable to make purchases or start downloads on my Xbox 360 Elite console store or on my...

I recently bought a used Xbox 360 Elite, and up until yesterday I was able to buy games and download them from the Game Store on the console.

On Oct 6, at around 10-11pm, I added $60.00 to my Microsoft account to purchase two games (Elder Scrolls IV and Middle Earth: SoM). I was able to add the money to my account without issue, but when I went to purchase either game I received an error message after selecting purchase that read "Your credit card information couldn't be retrieved. Please make this purchase using money on your Microsoft account or try again later."

I already have money on the account, I updated all my billing information on both my debit card carriers website and on my Microsoft account, and I updated my zip code to the 9 digit version. That hasn't worked as of yet.

I then deleted my Live Profile Only from the 360 then redownloaded it. When that didn't work I deleted both profile and data, which also didn't resolve the issue. I then decided to format the system completely and redownload my information, which also did not work.

After formatting my system hard drive, I was rendered unable to download free apps (Hulu, YouTube, etc.) or digital games that I already have purchased.

It's been about 9 hours since I formatted the system, and about 18 hours since the problem started. I was able to download a digital copy of a game I own from the store at around 5:45pm on the 7th, but I had to basically race the system and click "Download Again" before the error message showed up, which it tried to but was then closed out by the "Active Downloads" screen.

After seeing that I was able to download the game I already own, I went and tried to digitally purchase the same games I was originally trying to buy, but I still get the error message saying my info can't be retrieved. I then tried making the purchase from my mobile device, but it says the same thing when I go to purchase anything from the Xbox Store on my phone.

Has anyone else had this issue? How do I fix it? I feel like I've pretty much exhausted any solutions to fix it, I'm hoping it's a delayed update to the Microsoft systems with my billing information, but if anyone has any info that could help please leave a response.

:)

JesseLaRock, Nov 9, 2021
  2. XBF - Hayabusa Win User

Unable to make purchases or start downloads on my Xbox 360 Elite console store or on my phone through the Microsoft stores

Hi JesseLaRock,

Sorry for all the issues you are having. I am responding a few days later, so if you were able to resolve your issue, please let me know.

Are you getting an error code when you try to purchase?
    You can try purchasing the content on the Xbox 360 marketplace on a PC as well. If you login with the same Microsoft Account online, you can try purchasing the game and then downloading it on your console.

Lastly, here is a link with more information on troubleshooting the Xbox 360 marketplace: Troubleshoot Xbox 360 Marketplace purchasing | Xbox Support
  3. LennoxDaCat Win User

Sorry Your account is unable to make this type of purchase on Xbox.com. Please complete this transac

Hi, this isn't so much an issue on the store as the way that the Xbox One store and Xbox 360 marketplace work.

If you take a look at this link http://support.xbox.com/billing/payment-and-purchases/troubleshoot-xbox 360-marketplace-purchasing

In particular this section........

I'm getting the message "Your account is unable to make this type of purchase on Xbox.com. Please complete this transaction from your Xbox."This error means that the Microsoft account that you're trying to use to make the purchase doesn't have the ability
    to make the purchase.
    Child and teen accounts are prevented from making purchases in the Xbox 360 Marketplace. Changing your Microsoft account age or your purchase settings won't resolve this issue.

To resolve this issue, purchase or download the content on your Xbox 360 console.

The backwards compatible game can only be purchased on a physical Xbox 360 console if your account is a child or teen account. If you know someone who owns or have an Xbox 360 console yourself you can make the purchase on the 360 and it should then show
    in the ready to install section on your Xbox One system.
  4. Ethan JamesVetter Win User

Error code 0x8c150020

TheyCallMeBlitz,

My Xbox one account is currently linked with a credit card, but I'm still unable to purchase a backwards compatible game from the store on Xbox one. (Or any of them at all currently) The game in question is Soul Calibur 2 HD, and when attempting to purchase
    that from the Xbox website it says , "Your account is unable to make this type of purchase on Xbox.com. Please complete this transaction from your Xbox." Is it possible that since this game is only a digital download for the Xbox 360 rather than a disc that
    I cannot purchase from the website? Or is it that I do not have an Xbox 360 active anymore?
  5. KSI LIVINGDEAD7 Win User

Sniper Elite V2

So there really isnt a problem with my account its just the 360.I clicked to download Sniper Elite V2 and a message popped up saying My Account is Blocked from making purchases and to contact Xbox live support.
  6. Beanboy83 Win User

Problem with my Microsoft account money

I am , an XBOX Live Ambassador.

I have noticed that when I try to make purchases through XBOX.com, I am unable to use the money stored to my account. I have not had a problem with using it when I try making the same purchase through the marketplace on my console. I would suggest trying
    to make the purchase on your console and see if that will let you use the money stored in your Microsoft account.

I hope this helps.
Thema:

1. Unable to make purchases or start downloads on my Xbox 360 Elite console store or on my... - Similar Threads - Unable purchases start

2. Unable to Purchase Xbox Partner Center

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to Purchase Xbox Partner Center: So Im Trying To Purchase An Xbox Developer License And I Keep Getting This Error Something went wrong. Please contact support. (ReferenceId: 41ea27aa-11d0-47c7-c989-08dc2e0d878a) I Dont Know...
  3. Unable to purchase Realms Plus subscription on IPad

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to purchase Realms Plus subscription on IPad: I have been trying for days to purchase a Realms Plys subscription, but keep getting the same message: “Sorry, we were unable to complete your realm purchase. Maybe check your internet...
  4. Why am I unable to download a game that I have purchased?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I unable to download a game that I have purchased?: Hi. I had purchased Omori before it was removed from the Xbox store. Despite online searching say that I can still download and play it, I am unable to do so. It feels like robbing since I paid...
  5. Unable to make Minecraft purchases.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to make Minecraft purchases.: My child’s account is unable to make any purchases in Minecraft with an error indicating to “check the internet connection”. We’ve deleted and reinstalled the app but still end up with the same...
  6. Unable to purchase Hogwarts Legacy for Xbox series S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to purchase Hogwarts Legacy for Xbox series S: Whenever I try to purchase Hogwarts Legacy in the Microsoft Store both on my Xbox or via the website, it gives me the error message attached. How do I resolve this? Thanks, Brad...
  7. Unable to access purchased games on Xbox One X

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to access purchased games on Xbox One X: I cannot access my purchased games on the Xbox One X. I also cannot use Game Pass Ultimate on my PC. I have already gone through the live chat with someone and they mentioned to post here as they...
  8. "Sorry we were unable to complete your purchase" Only like 3 years still a recurring problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "Sorry we were unable to complete your purchase" Only like 3 years still a recurring problem: Im a developer, 15 years in. If I cant figure out **** is wrong thats not on me. I tried to buy a minecraft expansion. I get that insanely unhelpful message. I log out log in, etc. Oh then I...
  9. Unable to purchase a realm

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to purchase a realm: I can't renew my minecraft realm. I used to pay for a minecraft realm monthly to play but now when i got to purchase a realm it tells me "We’re having trouble processing your payment and we’d like...
  10. Unable to make any purchases in Bermuda Adventures please help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to make any purchases in Bermuda Adventures please help: I get messages like looks like you owe this already. Or something went wrong at our end. I have been trying to get this worked out for months now. Please Help. e9dee5bd-0b05-46cf-ae79-21af1a43c03a