Unable to log into Xbox App on Windows 10 - Error 0x406 - No existing support answers work.

Discus and support Unable to log into Xbox App on Windows 10 - Error 0x406 - No existing support answers work. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; When attempting to log into the Xbox app, I receive the following error: [img] Googling this error has lead to plenty of folks that have had this... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by KanoD, May 27, 2019.

1. KanoD
    KanoD Guest

Unable to log into Xbox App on Windows 10 - Error 0x406 - No existing support answers work.

When attempting to log into the Xbox app, I receive the following error:

Unable to log into Xbox App on Windows 10 - Error 0x406 - No existing support answers work. [​IMG]

Googling this error has lead to plenty of folks that have had this issue. Most answers are a few years old and none of them have worked, or are relevant.

What is the underlying cause of this error?

:)

KanoD, May 27, 2019
  2. XBF Leo G Win User

Hello KanoD,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that the Xbox App on Windows 10 is providing you an error code when you try to sign in to it. This issue could be attributed to an error with the application after an update. Which troubleshooting
    steps have you attempted thus far? We suggest completing
    a clean boot
    on your computer. Also, we recommend making sure that
    Windows 10 is up to date
    . Be sure to let us know the results!
  3. PalmettoBling Win User

Yes, make sure your OS is fully updated, and that the app is fully updated.

If there is still an issue, and everything is up to date, then I would recommend trying the

Xbox (Beta) app on Windows 10.
    See if the same error appears there. Depending on what happens there, that will narrow it down to an App issue, or another issue we need to further troubleshoot.
  4. SpyShadow Win User

Cannot Sign In on Xbox App

5. erunyan Win User

Can't Sign in to Xbox (Beta) App

6. FoeHammersRing Win User

Error (0x406) On Xbox App Windows 10

Sounds like you've been through quite a few steps already in troubleshooting the issue with the app on your PC. If you're seeing this with other applications on your PC, not just the Xbox App, there might be something going on instead that's preventing you
    from accessing those apps.

Have you attempted to refresh Windows 10 to troubleshoot this issue as well? It's not the best thing to have to go through, but if you've having issues with UWP programs and services on your PC, it might be a good step to look into. If you wanted some more
    information on how to go about that, this page has the quick steps to get that started:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026528/windows-reset-or-reinstall-windows-10

Hope that helps!
Thema:

1. Unable to log into Xbox App on Windows 10 - Error 0x406 - No existing support answers work. - Similar Threads - Unable log App

2. Xbox 360 unable to connect to live on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 unable to connect to live on Xbox Series X: All of the sudden I am unable to connect to Xbox live on reverse compatability games for the Xbox 360 on the Xbox Series X despite being online on the Xbox Series X, hard-wired, with an open NAT...
  3. Unable to install Minecraft Launcher

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to install Minecraft Launcher: I tried to install the new 1.20.5 version of Minecraft and it kept crashing, so I uninstalled the launcher and now trying to re-install it won't work. I've: 1. Restarted my PC several times 2....
  4. Unable to log in. Error 0x89235107

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to log in. Error 0x89235107: After searching as far as possible on the internet about the error, I could not fix the problem with XBOX login on PC. I cannot launch any game I have installed. Please, help...
  5. I am unable to log out of all sessions involved with xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    I am unable to log out of all sessions involved with xbox: my minecraft account was recently hacked and ive tried a lot of ways to block the hackers access i have tried to change passwords, 2FA, and logging out of all sessions but nothing seems to work....
  6. Unable to log into Xbox Live games, error message: To sign into Xbox, please install this...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to log into Xbox Live games, error message: To sign into Xbox, please install this...: Hello, after recently buying a new computer I noticed that I'm unable to log into Xbox Live. Whenever I attempt, the following error appears: To sign into Xbox, please install this framework...
  7. Since my account got hacked I am unable to log in to minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Since my account got hacked I am unable to log in to minecraft: So some time ago 2 of my microsoft accounts got hacked with both of them having minecraft. While i have recovered one of the account i still havent been able to log in to minecraft, and i know for...
  8. Students can't log into Minecraft Education app, message says unable to connect reset client.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Students can't log into Minecraft Education app, message says unable to connect reset client.: Minecraft Education app downloaded on school Microsoft laptops. Message when logging into Minecraft Education keeps saying unable to connect reset client. Help! Students can't join each others...
  9. Unable to log into Xbox Live on an specific account on Windows 10.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to log into Xbox Live on an specific account on Windows 10.: I have an local account on Windows 10 which I have been using. These days when I try log into Xbox Live, it no longer lets me log in. No error codes were shown. No official solutions worked....
  10. So I got disconnected from Grounded and I'm unable to log in the same xbox account that I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    So I got disconnected from Grounded and I'm unable to log in the same xbox account that I...: Recently, I got disconnected from the game Grounded. When I tried to log back in, my character got reset. After trying to figure out what the problem was, I realized that I had create two...