Unable to locate the java runtime

Discus and support Unable to locate the java runtime in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; So I recently purchased minecraft in microsoft store and this is the message that pops up, when i try to run the java version of minecraft: Unable to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Luka Klep, Mar 14, 2023.

1. Luka Klep
    Luka Klep Guest

So I recently purchased minecraft in microsoft store and this is the message that pops up, when i try to run the java version of minecraft:

Unable to locate the Java runtime.
    Error details: 0x00000002 - generic: no such file or directory
    Filename on disk: javaw.exe
    Path: C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_151\bin\javaw.exe
    Exists: Nonexistent

This is on a PC with windows 10.

How do i fix this problem? Any help will be greatly apreciated.

:)

Luka Klep, Mar 14, 2023
  2. MargaretWoods3 Win User

Thank you. Following Java's directions very carefully, I uninstalled all traces of Java - I did this several times, then I went to Windows Offline and installed the latest Java 64-bit. I rebooted my computer and Java works perfectly now.
  3. Devon Overbey Win User

where is options???? i can't find it anywhere. just settings
  4. Kyle Robbins Win User

I found a solution to my problem after a few days. I will paste a link to the support page that helped me greatly.

https://bugs.mojang.com/browse/MCL-23025

here is the portion I found useful...

For Missing Java:

• 1.18-1.19: Download Java 17: https://github.com/adoptium/temurin...nJDK17U-jdk_x64_windows_hotspot_17.0.6_10.msi, run that, find the javaw.exe file in C:\Program Files\Eclipse Adoptium\jdk-17.0.6.10-hotspot\bin. Click on Installations in the Minecraft launcher, click Edit Installation on your installation, click more options, and set the Java Runtime to be directed to the javaw.exe.
    • 1.17: Download Java 11: https://github.com/adoptium/temurin...JDK11U-jdk_x64_windows_hotspot_11.0.18_10.msi, run that, find the javaw.exe file in C:\Program Files\Eclipse Adoptium\jdk-11.0.18.10-hotspot\bin. Click on Installations in the Minecraft launcher, click Edit Installation on your installation, click more options, and set the Java Runtime to be directed to the javaw.exe.
    • 1.8.9-1.16.5: Download Java 8: https://www.java.com/en/download/, run that, find the javaw.exe file in C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_351\bin. Click on Installations in the Minecraft launcher, click Edit Installation on your installation, click more options, and set the Java Runtime to be directed to the javaw.exe.

For those who can't find "options" and "advanced settings..."

Open the launcher. Go to Installations. Then click Edit ( . . . ) and then "More Options"

Another problem I had was being unable to find my "AppData" which was a part of the path I needed to follow to install my nonexisting files. I used Windows + R to open "%appdata%" and then I followed the path my Minecraft Error Sceen told me to do.

I hope this helps. The first link I sent also has other methods that can prove useful. I only tried the one, because it worked for me.
  5. Tezzarrific Win User

try the instructions from above

• Start the launcher, and open up the launcher options
    • Navigate to Launch Options and find the “Java executable” option and un-check it
    • Save settings, this will ensure the launcher runs with default runtime it came with.
    • Open launcher again and try launching the game

If this fails then best to go to the minecraft.net forums for assistance.
  6. Adam Clyde Win User

I have the same issue. I've looked for "options" and "advanced setting but i cant seem to find it. i just got it today so it might be because it is a newer version
Thema:

1. Unable to locate the java runtime - Similar Threads - Unable locate java

2. Xbox unable to update to newest Insider update, offline update fails too. Alpha & Alpha...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox unable to update to newest Insider update, offline update fails too. Alpha & Alpha...: Hey all, having a huge issue with both my Xbox Series X's. When I try to update normally, this occurs every single time no matter what. https://i.imgur.com/rOkodS9.jpeg When I attempt to do the...
  3. Unable to sign in to account for xbox live

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to sign in to account for xbox live: Attempting to log into fortnite, for last 5 days, it says unable to log into your account for xbox live. Try later. Tried everything so far & no luck. Any suggestions?...
  4. I am unable to add UPI as Payment Method

in XBoX on Windows
    I am unable to add UPI as Payment Method: Hello, recently I bought an Xbox Game Pass and used UPI as the payment method. However, to my surprise, on the day of its renewal, my UPI account was automatically deleted, and now I am unable to...
  5. Xbox series s unable to connect to xbox network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s unable to connect to xbox network: Logged off the console last night everything was fine. This morning its unable to connect to the network. Tried doing a console reset (power cycle) and then tried a reboot. Now it wont load up as...
  6. Was unable to get a refund for a gifted game that wasn't even played

in XBoX on Windows
    Was unable to get a refund for a gifted game that wasn't even played: Gifted a friend a game not compatible with their Xbox. Tried to get a refund, denied because the game has been "played or consumed" it hasn't due to my friend not even being able to access it...
  7. Unable to place order

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to place order: For the past few days I've been trying to order a custom controller through the design lab everytime I check out it keeps saying Unable to place order I made the controller using the favorite...
  8. unable to locate the java runtime

in XBoX on Windows
    unable to locate the java runtime: I'm trying to run Forge 1.12.2 on Minecraft so I can use certain mods, but this error popped up. I've seen multiple errors but I just can't figure this one out. Unable to locate the Java runtime....
  9. Unable To Locate The Java Runtime

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable To Locate The Java Runtime: I just recently started having this issue, I play the Java version with shaders and mods. I use the Forge 1.19.4 version currently and I keep getting the same error "unable to locate the java...
  10. Unable to locate java Runtime

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to locate java Runtime: Unable to locate the Java runtime. Error details: 0x00000000 - system: The operation completed successfully. Filename on disk: Path: . Exists: Directory Ive tried to start playing mc after a...