Unable to launch Halo MCC via Cloud Gaming on PC Xbox app

Discus and support Unable to launch Halo MCC via Cloud Gaming on PC Xbox app in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am able to launch every game on Xbox Cloud Gaming on my Xbox App for PC except for Halo MCC. Previously I was able to launch and play it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by wagyu beef, Aug 20, 2022.

1. wagyu beef
    wagyu beef Guest

I am able to launch every game on Xbox Cloud Gaming on my Xbox App for PC except for Halo MCC. Previously I was able to launch and play it successfully, but now the launch banner will not load; it just shows up blank.

Unable to launch Halo MCC via Cloud Gaming on PC Xbox app [​IMG]

For the record, this is what I expect to see when I select a game:

Unable to launch Halo MCC via Cloud Gaming on PC Xbox app [​IMG]

I have tried restarting the Xbox app and restarting my PC to no avail.

Version

4.67.21001.0 (Gaming Services)

5.822.6271.0 (Xbox Game Bar)

Please assist.

:)

wagyu beef, Aug 20, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Wagyu

In order to isolate a bit more the issue, please try running the game via xbox.com/play

Let me know if there the game starts as usual.

If yes, may I know which troubleshooting steps you have done so far to fix this?

In that way I can advise you different things or how to proceed.

And are you on Windows 10 or 11?

--------------

In the meantime, try this together:

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

Click Check for Updates;

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available (Install optional updates as well)

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services and update everything too.

Now, sign out from your account on both Xbox app and Microsoft Store and do this:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then reset

Then do the same for the Xbox app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then reset

Finally do this:

Step 1: Open the Run window by pressing Windows + R key.

Step 2: Input WSReset.exe in the Run window and click OK.

Step 3: Then a command prompt window will appear. After a few seconds, Windows Store will open.

Sign in again on both Microsoft store and Xbox app with your account and try again
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi! The issue has been resolved?
    Are you able to play as usual?
  4. Tezzarrific Win User

Why can't I get a refund on a game I or the receiver can't play?

Halo MCC is NOT play anywhere, if you buy for xbox you can only use it on xbox, if you buy for pc via xbox app you can only use it via pc.

It is cross save only.
  5. gregchelmo Win User

Halo Master Chief Collection - can't launch any games

Hi Christopher - thank you for the response.

Okay, I've uninstalled the xbox app completely and I then launched MCC from the start menu and the MS Store and all the games are still showing as locked out.

I've tried launching Reach and Halo 4 directly from the installed page on the MS Store but that doesn't seem to trigger anything.

I've tried reinstalling the xbox app and launching halo 4 from there and it's the same problem.

I've tried launching it in the cloud and that does work, all the games are unlocked.

Any ideas?

Thanks
  6. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Xbox Cloud games wont launch.

Thema:

1. Unable to launch Halo MCC via Cloud Gaming on PC Xbox app - Similar Threads - Unable launch Halo

2. Unable to launch Microsoft Flight Simulator from MS Store / Xbox app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to launch Microsoft Flight Simulator from MS Store / Xbox app: I recently bought "Microsoft Flight Simulator" on Amazon, with an activation key on the Microsoft Store, but cannot seem to get it to run. System details Windows 11, Version 23H2 (OS Build...
  3. unable to launch java

in XBoX on Windows
    unable to launch java: i just downloaded minecraft java edition on my laptop (windows 11) and have run into an issue launching the game. when in try to launch the game i am given this message Unable to locate the Java...
  4. I have been unable to launch the Xbox app for PC for months. I just get a black screen...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have been unable to launch the Xbox app for PC for months. I just get a black screen...: Windows 10. Tried repairing/reinstalling gaming services. Windows is up to date. I have found similar threads with no final resolution. This is the most recent string of suggestions I've tried...
  5. Unable to launch Cloud Gaming through xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to launch Cloud Gaming through xbox app: Unable to launch Cloud Gaming through Xbox app on Windows 11. The app and everything is up to update. [img] 2921a489-e740-47f4-befe-ece5e477ebe2
  6. Fallout 76 error message: unable to launch multiplayer session due to account setup

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fallout 76 error message: unable to launch multiplayer session due to account setup: how can I log on. to Fallout 76. I have checked setting already. Worked this morning but now I get this error message "unable to launch multiplayer session due to account setup"...
  7. Unable to launch multiplayer session because of how your account is set up

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to launch multiplayer session because of how your account is set up: " I cannot play multiplayer fallout 76 due to this massage “you cannot unable to launch multiplayer session because of how your account is set up” I’ve followed the suggested option of Allow in...
  8. How to fix popup "You cannot Unable to launch Multiplayer Session because of how your...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix popup "You cannot Unable to launch Multiplayer Session because of how your...: I was playing Fallout 76 a couple hours ago fine on my Xbox one, but now when I try to play it I get this popup. If I press ok it has me put in my password, and then a popup asking me if I want to...
  9. You cannot Unable to launch multiplayer session because of how your Microsoft Account is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    You cannot Unable to launch multiplayer session because of how your Microsoft Account is...: You cannot Unable to launch multiplayer session because of how your Microsoft Account is set up. I have followed al the safety instructions. I have game pass ultimate. I can not open my online...
  10. I got a prompt before starting a game, "You cannot unable to launch MP session..."

in XBoX on Windows
    I got a prompt before starting a game, "You cannot unable to launch MP session...": I am attempting to play Fallout 76, I have GP Ultimate, and for the first time I got a message before I was able to sign in that reads, "You cannot unable to launch multiplayer session because of...