Unable to launch Halo Infinite Multiplayer on Xbox app but can do so on Steam

Discus and support Unable to launch Halo Infinite Multiplayer on Xbox app but can do so on Steam in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I mentioned Steam because at this point I know that my computer is not an issue. Specs include 3060ti, Ryzen 5 5600x 16gb ram. I play many games on... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by A MEMB, Nov 23, 2021.

1. A MEMB
    A MEMB Guest

I mentioned Steam because at this point I know that my computer is not an issue. Specs include 3060ti, Ryzen 5 5600x 16gb ram. I play many games on this pc besides Halo so I know it's not a hardware issue. I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling, and rebooting the computer. I have tried repair my Gaming Service and the Xbox App. I can launch other games from the Xbox app like Back4Blood, Gears 5, etc. I tried the "Get Free" option to which it then said it added it to my account however I still can't play it. I have the Game Pass Ultimate for PC version of the gamepass. Initially I was getting a blue screen window only. After the uninstall and reinstalls now nothing comes up. I tried clicking on the game like 300 times per second and got the loading screen to come up but then it crashed almost immediately. Any help is appreciated. I'd like to also get an Idea of how many other people are having this issue. Really hoping this is fixed by release

:)

A MEMB, Nov 23, 2021
  2. SuperSyrie Win User

Did you end up finding a solution for this? I'm having the same problem and so have been playing multiplayer through steam, but I'm trying to find a fix for this so I can play campaign through gamepass tomorrow on the version through the xbox app
  3. A MEMB Win User

Unfortunately no...hopefully today the update and the release of the campaign will fix this issue...
  4. kashishpilyal Win User

Forza Horizon 5 progress lost

Ok, but I did the same with halo infinite but I didn't buy it (the offline version). The achievements are still showing up on steam for that game. Can you tell me why is that the case?

So here id what happened. I played halo infinite campaign with the pass too. After finishing it, I started playing multiplayer on steam and the achievements of campaign are showing completed on steam (the same ones on xbox) but this is not the case for fh5. Is there an explanation?
  5. Tirrell7 Win User

Halo Infinite launches in Task Manager but won't open a Window

Having the same issue. I want to knowledge dump everything I've tried so far that hasn't worked for me, but hopefully might work for some of you.

I see the game running in Task Manager under Background processes, but nothing loads. 3 processes show:

• Console Window Host
    • DumpTool.exe (read that 'End task' on this file will load game after a few mins; hasn't worked for me).
    • HaloInfinite.exe
    HaloInfinite.exe is downloading to the hidden WindowsApps folder in File Explorer: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.254428597CFE2_1.3249.19634.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

I've uninstalled/reinstalled/terminated/repaired/reset/uncheck hi-res features the Xbox App/MS Store/Gaming Services/Halo Infinite using a combination of settings/advanced options/wsrest.exe/powershell/cmd prompt still nothing...also restarted the pc a hundred times for those wondering ;)

A couple of resources (including this thread):

6. Tirrell7 Win User

Halo Infinite won't launch with Xbox App

Having the same issue. I want to knowledge dump everything I've tried so far that hasn't worked for me, but hopefully might work for some of you.

I see the game running in Task Manager under Background processes, but nothing loads. 3 processes show:

• Console Window Host
    • DumpTool.exe (read that 'End task' on this file will load game after a few mins; hasn't worked for me).
    • HaloInfinite.exe
    HaloInfinite.exe is downloading to the hidden WindowsApps folder in File Explorer: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.254428597CFE2_1.3249.19634.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

I've uninstalled/reinstalled/terminated/repaired/reset/uncheck hi-res features the Xbox App/MS Store/Gaming Services/Halo Infinite using a combination of settings/advanced options/wsrest.exe/powershell/cmd prompt still nothing...also restarted the pc a hundred times for those wondering ;)

A couple of resources (including this thread):

Thema:

1. Unable to launch Halo Infinite Multiplayer on Xbox app but can do so on Steam - Similar Threads - Unable launch Halo

2. Unable to launch Microsoft Flight Simulator from MS Store / Xbox app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to launch Microsoft Flight Simulator from MS Store / Xbox app: I recently bought "Microsoft Flight Simulator" on Amazon, with an activation key on the Microsoft Store, but cannot seem to get it to run. System details Windows 11, Version 23H2 (OS Build...
  3. unable to launch java

in XBoX on Windows
    unable to launch java: i just downloaded minecraft java edition on my laptop (windows 11) and have run into an issue launching the game. when in try to launch the game i am given this message Unable to locate the Java...
  4. I have been unable to launch the Xbox app for PC for months. I just get a black screen...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have been unable to launch the Xbox app for PC for months. I just get a black screen...: Windows 10. Tried repairing/reinstalling gaming services. Windows is up to date. I have found similar threads with no final resolution. This is the most recent string of suggestions I've tried...
  5. Unable to launch Cloud Gaming through xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to launch Cloud Gaming through xbox app: Unable to launch Cloud Gaming through Xbox app on Windows 11. The app and everything is up to update. [img] 2921a489-e740-47f4-befe-ece5e477ebe2
  6. Fallout 76 error message: unable to launch multiplayer session due to account setup

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fallout 76 error message: unable to launch multiplayer session due to account setup: how can I log on. to Fallout 76. I have checked setting already. Worked this morning but now I get this error message "unable to launch multiplayer session due to account setup"...
  7. Unable to launch multiplayer session because of how your account is set up

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to launch multiplayer session because of how your account is set up: " I cannot play multiplayer fallout 76 due to this massage “you cannot unable to launch multiplayer session because of how your account is set up” I’ve followed the suggested option of Allow in...
  8. How to fix popup "You cannot Unable to launch Multiplayer Session because of how your...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix popup "You cannot Unable to launch Multiplayer Session because of how your...: I was playing Fallout 76 a couple hours ago fine on my Xbox one, but now when I try to play it I get this popup. If I press ok it has me put in my password, and then a popup asking me if I want to...
  9. You cannot Unable to launch multiplayer session because of how your Microsoft Account is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    You cannot Unable to launch multiplayer session because of how your Microsoft Account is...: You cannot Unable to launch multiplayer session because of how your Microsoft Account is set up. I have followed al the safety instructions. I have game pass ultimate. I can not open my online...
  10. I got a prompt before starting a game, "You cannot unable to launch MP session..."

in XBoX on Windows
    I got a prompt before starting a game, "You cannot unable to launch MP session...": I am attempting to play Fallout 76, I have GP Ultimate, and for the first time I got a message before I was able to sign in that reads, "You cannot unable to launch multiplayer session because of...