Unable to launch games / download / update / Xbox Series X

Discus and support Unable to launch games / download / update / Xbox Series X in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi so I am having two different problems. The first is whenever I try to load up a game it either doesnt open, takes a while to open, or if it does... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Prodigu1, Mar 19, 2021.

1. Prodigu1
    Prodigu1 Guest

Hi so I am having two different problems.

The first is whenever I try to load up a game it either doesnt open, takes a while to open, or if it does open it ends up crashing and saying it has taken too long to load, and i get the error code 0x8027025a. And Whenever I try to download / update a game the instillations stops and the system says to check my network connection and saying its receiving error code 0X80010115.

Ive tried looking up several solutions for these problems and have not found an answer. I have tried to reconnect to my network, and i have tested the connection and it works fine. I have restarted my xbox several times, and have unplugged the power supply from it for several minutes. I have also gone so far as to completely reset my console and having to set it back up and this issue has still persisted, and I dont know how to fix this.

Has this similar issue happened with anyone else and does anyone know how to fix it?

:)

Prodigu1, Mar 19, 2021
  2. JaredRangel Win User

Why does Xbox one version of GTA online work on series x but not the series x version

Ok I have both versions of GTA downloaded on my series x the Xbox one version works fine on the series x I then downloaded the series s/x version on the series x I then launched the game and it gives the error message
  3. XBF Zineb F Win User

Hello there @Prodigu1, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support. I want you not to worry about the situation because I am here to help you out! I believe your console might need either a network reset or just a system refresh. I would like you to go through the following steps to clear the Mac address and then perform a quick power cycle on your console:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

After going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 2 to 3 minutes, re-plug them back again, then restart your console.

Another thing you should check is your NAT type. I would like you to check your NAT type if open because that could sometimes interfere. to check for the NAT type you can follow the steps below:

Settings > Network Settings > NAT type => It should be open.

If the NAT type is not open, you will need to open some ports with your internet provider. These ports must be open for Xbox Live to work: Port 88 (UDP) Port 3074 (UDP and TCP) Port 53 (UDP and TCP) Port 80 (TCP) Port 500 (UDP) Port 3544 (UDP) Port 4500 (UDP).

In case the issue still persists after the previous steps have been performed here is the official link to all the network troubleshooting steps that can help sort this out for you.

The link: Troubleshoot your Xbox One network connection | Xbox Support

In case the issue still persists, the next step would be to perform a reset on the console. To do so you will need to follow the steps below to perform a reset on the Xbox :

Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you to sign in to the account.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
  4. Prodigu1 Win User

Hi, this issue is still persisting, ive already tried all of these things and the console works fine for a few minutes and then it goes back to having this problem, nothing ive done seems to work, and i dont think there is an issue with the internet I think there is something wrong with the console itself
  5. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Pre download Xbox Series X games

Not really...

Xbox Series X games / upgrades / updates has to be installed onto the Series X internal or expansion card SSD,

You can have Xbox One games on your external hard drive that will get an Series X upgrade but the games will need to be transferred to the Series X and then the Series X upgrade will need to be downloaded onto the Series X SSD,

As an example...

I have Marvel Avengers on my external hard drive that will get the Series X upgrade and I will transfer the game over to the Series X SSD ready to download and update the game to the Series X version when available.
  6. Lucas Lauer Win User

Upgrading from Xbox one games to X/S

Hello, killerluke09. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

Most games launched for both the Xbox One and Series S/X consoles if installed on a Series S/X console will just download and update the necessary files to run optimized to the Series S/X console.

Now F1 2022 has two versions: the Standard Xbox One version and the Series S/X version. I'm not really sure, but I think the Standard Xbox One version will not update to the optimized Series S/X as it is a different game version.

Do you have the Standard Xbox One version?

Waiting for your kind reply.
Thema:

1. Unable to launch games / download / update / Xbox Series X - Similar Threads - Unable launch games

2. unable to launch java

in XBoX on Windows
    unable to launch java: i just downloaded minecraft java edition on my laptop (windows 11) and have run into an issue launching the game. when in try to launch the game i am given this message Unable to locate the Java...
  3. I have been unable to launch the Xbox app for PC for months. I just get a black screen...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have been unable to launch the Xbox app for PC for months. I just get a black screen...: Windows 10. Tried repairing/reinstalling gaming services. Windows is up to date. I have found similar threads with no final resolution. This is the most recent string of suggestions I've tried...
  4. Unable to launch Cloud Gaming through xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to launch Cloud Gaming through xbox app: Unable to launch Cloud Gaming through Xbox app on Windows 11. The app and everything is up to update. [img] 2921a489-e740-47f4-befe-ece5e477ebe2
  5. Unable to launch multiplayer session because of how your account is set up

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to launch multiplayer session because of how your account is set up: " I cannot play multiplayer fallout 76 due to this massage “you cannot unable to launch multiplayer session because of how your account is set up” I’ve followed the suggested option of Allow in...
  6. I got a prompt before starting a game, "You cannot unable to launch MP session..."

in XBoX on Windows
    I got a prompt before starting a game, "You cannot unable to launch MP session...": I am attempting to play Fallout 76, I have GP Ultimate, and for the first time I got a message before I was able to sign in that reads, "You cannot unable to launch multiplayer session because of...
  7. unable to launch any game pass game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    unable to launch any game pass game.: any game boot receives an error: /game/ cant open because it is offline. the storage device might be missing or disconnected. no issues with drive, working fine for files, other programs and...
  8. Ubisoft+ account linked to Xbox but unable to launch game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ubisoft+ account linked to Xbox but unable to launch game: Hi I subscribed to Ubisoft+ yesterday for my son's Xbox. I have linked the account to his Xbox. The Xbox app allowed me to download games to his Xbox absolutely fine but when launching them get...
  9. unable to play forza horizon 5 on gamepass pc game crashes as soon as i launch it same...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    unable to play forza horizon 5 on gamepass pc game crashes as soon as i launch it same...: pc is fully updated subscription is running rtx 3050 laptop tried restarting on my college wifi so downloaded through vpn tried playing with vpn same results was able to play forza 4 other...
  10. Unable to launch game with gamepass. How to fix System error -2015294512

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to launch game with gamepass. How to fix System error -2015294512: Hello, My game pass is ending tomorrow and I was wondering if it was a good thing to renew it since I'm not able to launch a game anymore. Whatever what the game is, I get this error : System...