Unable to launch Fortnite on Xbox One S without it prompting me to buy Game Pass / Live Gold ?

Discus and support Unable to launch Fortnite on Xbox One S without it prompting me to buy Game Pass / Live Gold ? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My Game Pass Ultimate Subscription recently expired. I heard that at the end of February, Microsoft made it so you no longer need Xbox Live Gold to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Pranay Gohel, Apr 2, 2021.

1. Pranay Gohel
    Pranay Gohel Guest

Unable to launch Fortnite on Xbox One S without it prompting me to buy Game Pass / Live Gold ?

My Game Pass Ultimate Subscription recently expired. I heard that at the end of February, Microsoft made it so you no longer need Xbox Live Gold to play certain games, such as Fortnite.

So at this point (two days ago), I've got no subscription, and I launch Fortnite thinking I can still play it because of those changes (see: here). However, it comes up with the menu to select Game Pass Ultimate or Xbox Live Gold to buy? I can't get into the game, it keeps coming up with that.

What's up with that? Shouldn't I be able to play without a membership? I tried logging in and out, restarting the game, restarting the console, even using a wired connection in case it was messed up somehow.

I'd appreciate any help - thanks!

:)

Pranay Gohel, Apr 2, 2021
  2. Smwutches Win User

Microsoft has announced they are working on removing the Gold requirement for free-to-play games. It hasn't started yet. Until it does, you need Gold to play online.
  3. ChiefJoboo Win User

Xbox live

A subscription to Xbox Live Gold is required for all online multiplayer.

Without it you can play offline game modes but some games are online only, as Fortnite is.

You will need to buy a subscription to Xbox Live Gold to play online on Fortnite.
  4. MagicMirror1130 Win User

Christmas 2018

What did you get for Christmas that is gaming related?
    Hi I bought an xbox one s for my son which came with3 months of live gold and gane pass but when he tries to play fortnite it tells him to buy a live gold or sign in, when profile is actually signed in. Why it wouldnt recognise live gold on the account?
    Its been like that second day.
  5. Theodor Liu Win User

Fortnite always says that there is a unexpected error while signing to your xbox live and I tried everything

I tried the offline system update but it still didn't work. And I wanna to add that before that error message there will always come a page that offers me xbox live gold and xbox game pass. But fortnite should be able to play without xbox live gold right?
  6. PLEASEDCLAW5871 Win User

xbox live

You will need an XBox Gold membership to play any games online. You can also buy monthly XBox gold cards.
    PS also requires their memberships to play online games

Except of Fortnite, reason is that they are rising their console profit selling rate by making fortnite free to play without membership

Then why not xbox can make fortnite free to play without xbox live gold membership
Thema:

1. Unable to launch Fortnite on Xbox One S without it prompting me to buy Game Pass / Live Gold ? - Similar Threads - Unable launch Fortnite

2. Unable to launch Microsoft Flight Simulator from MS Store / Xbox app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to launch Microsoft Flight Simulator from MS Store / Xbox app: I recently bought "Microsoft Flight Simulator" on Amazon, with an activation key on the Microsoft Store, but cannot seem to get it to run. System details Windows 11, Version 23H2 (OS Build...
  3. unable to launch java

in XBoX on Windows
    unable to launch java: i just downloaded minecraft java edition on my laptop (windows 11) and have run into an issue launching the game. when in try to launch the game i am given this message Unable to locate the Java...
  4. I have been unable to launch the Xbox app for PC for months. I just get a black screen...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have been unable to launch the Xbox app for PC for months. I just get a black screen...: Windows 10. Tried repairing/reinstalling gaming services. Windows is up to date. I have found similar threads with no final resolution. This is the most recent string of suggestions I've tried...
  5. Unable to launch Cloud Gaming through xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to launch Cloud Gaming through xbox app: Unable to launch Cloud Gaming through Xbox app on Windows 11. The app and everything is up to update. [img] 2921a489-e740-47f4-befe-ece5e477ebe2
  6. Fallout 76 error message: unable to launch multiplayer session due to account setup

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fallout 76 error message: unable to launch multiplayer session due to account setup: how can I log on. to Fallout 76. I have checked setting already. Worked this morning but now I get this error message "unable to launch multiplayer session due to account setup"...
  7. Unable to launch multiplayer session because of how your account is set up

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to launch multiplayer session because of how your account is set up: " I cannot play multiplayer fallout 76 due to this massage “you cannot unable to launch multiplayer session because of how your account is set up” I’ve followed the suggested option of Allow in...
  8. How to fix popup "You cannot Unable to launch Multiplayer Session because of how your...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix popup "You cannot Unable to launch Multiplayer Session because of how your...: I was playing Fallout 76 a couple hours ago fine on my Xbox one, but now when I try to play it I get this popup. If I press ok it has me put in my password, and then a popup asking me if I want to...
  9. You cannot Unable to launch multiplayer session because of how your Microsoft Account is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    You cannot Unable to launch multiplayer session because of how your Microsoft Account is...: You cannot Unable to launch multiplayer session because of how your Microsoft Account is set up. I have followed al the safety instructions. I have game pass ultimate. I can not open my online...
  10. I got a prompt before starting a game, "You cannot unable to launch MP session..."

in XBoX on Windows
    I got a prompt before starting a game, "You cannot unable to launch MP session...": I am attempting to play Fallout 76, I have GP Ultimate, and for the first time I got a message before I was able to sign in that reads, "You cannot unable to launch multiplayer session because of...