Unable to launch Cloud Gaming through xbox app

Discus and support Unable to launch Cloud Gaming through xbox app in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Unable to launch Cloud Gaming through Xbox app on Windows 11. The app and everything is up to update. [img] 2921a489-e740-47f4-befe-ece5e477ebe2 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Graigo, Nov 7, 2023.

1. Graigo
    Graigo Guest

Unable to launch Cloud Gaming through Xbox app on Windows 11. The app and everything is up to update.
    Unable to launch Cloud Gaming through xbox app [​IMG]

:)

Graigo, Nov 7, 2023
  2. Graigo Win User

didn't help, it seems to only happen on games that are only installed
  3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Graigo,

Thank you for getting back with the thread.

Do you mean you are not able to play other games through the Xbox Game pass library?

Here are the troubleshooting steps that we can perform:

1. Sign out your account from Xbox app and try signing in again.

2. Reset Microsoft Store

• Press Windows key + R and type wsreset.exe then hit enter.
    • An empty Command prompt will pop open. Let it be for a few seconds and the command line will close automatically (after it has cleared the cache behind the background) and Microsoft Store will be launched in its place.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

4. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Graigo,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It seems that you're having trouble launching Cloud Gaming through the Xbox app on Windows 11. Let's try a few troubleshooting steps to help resolve the issue in a timely manner.

If we may ask, are you able to play cloud gaming using a browser in your device or other devices? If yes, then it could be that there are hidden factors causing the issue. To play cloud gaming in a browser, go to https://xbox.com/play. Make sure to use updated Microsoft Edge browser or Chrome. If you cannot play cloud gaming using a browser or another devices, then it could be a cloud gaming server issue. To check, go this link: Xbox Status | Xbox Support

On the other hand, if you are having issue with Xbox app, you can try the following troubleshooting steps below. You may skip those steps that were done.

1. Make sure Windows is up to date.

• Press the Start button on the taskbar, type settings, and then select Settings.
    • Select Windows Update.
    • On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates to see if any updates are available
    including optional updates for your device.

• Once the updates have downloaded, select Install now to start the installation.
    • Following installation, we recommend that you restart your device so that the latest updates can take effect.
    2. Make sure you are signed in to the Xbox app and the Store with the same account.

> To make sure your permissions for the game can be validated, be sure to sign in to both the Store and the Xbox app using the same account that was used to purchase the game.

3. Change the display language on Windows.

To change the language, go to Settings > Time & language > Language & region > Add a language. Choose a language to install, such as English (United Kingdom), and tick the ‘Set as my Windows display language’ checkbox. Wait for Windows to download and apply the language pack. Make sure to that your date and time matches also with your region.

4. Uninstall and reinstall Gaming Services

• Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.
    • In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:
      get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
    • In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:
      start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN
    • Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.
    • Restart your device and try to install the game again.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

5. Graigo Win User

"What do you mean by it happen on games that were only installed? Do you mean you are having issue with Cloud gaming for installed games? You can play cloud gaming and select games included in Xbox Game Pass Ultimate library even if games are not installed."
    What I meant is that it only happens for games that are installed locally; games that are not installed locally, have the option for cloud gaming. there a pictures below that show what I'm talking about

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  6. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Graigo,

Thank you for getting back with the thread.

What do you mean by it happen on games that were only installed? Do you mean you are having issue with Cloud gaming for installed games? You can play cloud gaming and select games included in Xbox Game Pass Ultimate library even if games are not installed.

For the meantime, here are the things that we can check first for us to identify what is causing some issue with cloud gaming.

1. Try connecting using wired connection to your network.

2. Change your power settings on your device to Best Performance mode. To do so, follow the steps:

• Press Windows + I to open the Settings app.
    • Click on System.
    • Click on Power & battery on the right pane.
    • Under Power mode, select Best Performance.
    On the other hand, have you tried cloud gaming using your browser to check if the same issue is happening? To play cloud gaming on a browser, use most up to date version of Microsoft Edge and go to https://xbox.com/play

Sincerely,

Thema:

1. Unable to launch Cloud Gaming through xbox app - Similar Threads - Unable launch Cloud

2. Unable to launch Microsoft Flight Simulator from MS Store / Xbox app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to launch Microsoft Flight Simulator from MS Store / Xbox app: I recently bought "Microsoft Flight Simulator" on Amazon, with an activation key on the Microsoft Store, but cannot seem to get it to run. System details Windows 11, Version 23H2 (OS Build...
  3. unable to launch java

in XBoX on Windows
    unable to launch java: i just downloaded minecraft java edition on my laptop (windows 11) and have run into an issue launching the game. when in try to launch the game i am given this message Unable to locate the Java...
  4. I have been unable to launch the Xbox app for PC for months. I just get a black screen...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have been unable to launch the Xbox app for PC for months. I just get a black screen...: Windows 10. Tried repairing/reinstalling gaming services. Windows is up to date. I have found similar threads with no final resolution. This is the most recent string of suggestions I've tried...
  5. Fallout 76 error message: unable to launch multiplayer session due to account setup

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fallout 76 error message: unable to launch multiplayer session due to account setup: how can I log on. to Fallout 76. I have checked setting already. Worked this morning but now I get this error message "unable to launch multiplayer session due to account setup"...
  6. Unable to launch multiplayer session because of how your account is set up

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to launch multiplayer session because of how your account is set up: " I cannot play multiplayer fallout 76 due to this massage “you cannot unable to launch multiplayer session because of how your account is set up” I’ve followed the suggested option of Allow in...
  7. How to fix popup "You cannot Unable to launch Multiplayer Session because of how your...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix popup "You cannot Unable to launch Multiplayer Session because of how your...: I was playing Fallout 76 a couple hours ago fine on my Xbox one, but now when I try to play it I get this popup. If I press ok it has me put in my password, and then a popup asking me if I want to...
  8. You cannot Unable to launch multiplayer session because of how your Microsoft Account is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    You cannot Unable to launch multiplayer session because of how your Microsoft Account is...: You cannot Unable to launch multiplayer session because of how your Microsoft Account is set up. I have followed al the safety instructions. I have game pass ultimate. I can not open my online...
  9. I got a prompt before starting a game, "You cannot unable to launch MP session..."

in XBoX on Windows
    I got a prompt before starting a game, "You cannot unable to launch MP session...": I am attempting to play Fallout 76, I have GP Ultimate, and for the first time I got a message before I was able to sign in that reads, "You cannot unable to launch multiplayer session because of...
  10. Unable to launch anything on my Xbox

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to launch anything on my Xbox: I am having an issue since the last alpha skip ahead update. The issue I am having is everything is taking to long to start, even report a problem takes to long to start. I've done a restart...