Unable to install games onto my F drive in Xbox app

Discus and support Unable to install games onto my F drive in Xbox app in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; For some reason I am unable to install games onto my F drive through the Xbox app. I get this error message (Make sure the folder exists and try... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Hugo Clark, Jun 1, 2023.

1. Hugo Clark
    Hugo Clark Guest

For some reason I am unable to install games onto my F drive through the Xbox app.

I get this error message (Make sure the folder exists and try again)
    Unable to install games onto my F drive in Xbox app [​IMG]

But I can't make the folder exist as F:\ is in the directory twice...

Any ideas?

Thanks

:)

Hugo Clark, Jun 1, 2023
  2. Christian Quinto Win User

Hey there!

Nice to meet you! My name is Christian, an independent advisor. I'm here to help you out.

Another player has had a similar issue to yours on another thread and was able to resolve it. check out this link to see what troubleshooting steps were done to resolve the issue.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Christian.
  3. MistarAbde Win User

Installing Games/Apps onto D Drive through Xbox app/Windows Store

I am trying to install games and apps onto my D drive instead of C drive through the Xbox app and Windows store on Game pass.

I have set the default drive to install apps to through Windows settings

I have set the default drive through the Xbox app settings

I get a notification when going to install the game, asking which drive to install to, and instruct it to install to the D drive

Every time though, it ignores this and installs to me C drive.

If I try to move the app through settings, the "Moving" notification and progress bar appears for a split second before disappearing, with no error information, but not having moved the file.

There are some apps that are installed on my D drive, and the pattern seems to be apps that require Admin approval are the ones not install onto my D drive.

Could someone try and resolve the issue, as it's incredibly frustrating for a service that is no longer in beta.
  4. XBF Eladio M Win User

Juego de xbox 360 no se descarga [Mod Translation - Xbox 360 game does not download]

Hey CARLOS

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums, We understand that you are currently experiencing difficulties with downloading a game onto your console that you purchased digitally.

Are you unable to see these title via your Ready to install section? You should be able to install games you purchased digitally that you are unable to install via the
    Store.

Additionally, there is also a way for you to
    install your game remotely
    onto your console.

I hope this helps.
  5. griffinloveday Win User

How to solve error code 0x80070199 when installing any game from Xbox app or Microsoft store

Games will intall onto my C drive (the drive that has WIndows installed onto it), but now I can't choose to install games onto my D or E drive, because I deleted the WPsystem folders.
  6. Travis ✔ Win User

Games disappearing from game library when installing a game.

I unplug the external hard drive and did a power cycle and then installed a game without it plugged in and plug in, without it plug in it preformed as normal but when I plugged it in and installed a game i was unable to load onto any game but after about 1 minutes my games appeared, the game started installing and I can load onto games but I think this issue will still occur every time I install a game
Thema:

1. Unable to install games onto my F drive in Xbox app - Similar Threads - Unable install games

2. I am unable to install any games from the Microsoft Store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am unable to install any games from the Microsoft Store: This new laptop arrived and I wanted to install video games on it, such as Minecraft. I have been trying to troubleshoot and fix the problem, but this has not worked. Every single time I try to...
  3. Unable to log into Xbox Live games, error message: To sign into Xbox, please install this...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to log into Xbox Live games, error message: To sign into Xbox, please install this...: Hello, after recently buying a new computer I noticed that I'm unable to log into Xbox Live. Whenever I attempt, the following error appears: To sign into Xbox, please install this framework...
  4. Unable to install or update games and apps, Installing bar at 0.0% indefinitely

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to install or update games and apps, Installing bar at 0.0% indefinitely: Hi, I was wondering if anyone has come into trouble of games and apps not being able to update or install on their Xbox one. I have tried everything, a reset leaving the power cord out for...
  5. Unable to install games on non-windows drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to install games on non-windows drive: I am currently having an issue where i am unable to install games from the Xbox app on windows on my secondary hard drive (non-boot drive). I have attempt to change the default install location to...
  6. Xbox gamepass on PC unable to install Starfield game after complete download error code...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox gamepass on PC unable to install Starfield game after complete download error code...: On PC with updated win11, nvidia drivers, Win Security is green. Xbox app installs game (Starfield) after downloading all 121GB, then it stops "Something unexpected happened" error code...
  7. I am unable to play a game through the Cloud if I have the game installed on the PC Xbox App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am unable to play a game through the Cloud if I have the game installed on the PC Xbox App: Start Menu -> Xbox App -> Cloud Gaming (Requirement must have Gamepass Ultimate and must the game installed on your PC Xbox App IE StarField) So on the PC Xbox App under the Cloud Gaming tab...
  8. I am unable to install games on the XBOX App on PC.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am unable to install games on the XBOX App on PC.: I recently restore my windows and since then i have been unable to install any games on the Xbox App. I have tried mutiple differenet solutions form the internet and nothing seems to work. And the...
  9. Why am I unable to install xbox game pass games on my pc to my hdd?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I unable to install xbox game pass games on my pc to my hdd?: I just upgraded my PC's motherboard and all and also upgraded to win 11 (big mistake I know) and i wanted to play starfield from the pc game pass app but whenever I try to install any game pass...
  10. Unable to install gaming services for Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to install gaming services for Xbox: My Xbox app on pc cannot function because there is an error with the gaming services app. In the Xbox app it registers as an 0x8007007e error. I have attempted to install from the prompts within...