Unable to install games, gets error 0x00000001 or no option to choose external device.

Discus and support Unable to install games, gets error 0x00000001 or no option to choose external device. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought xbox game pass for playing games, but my internal ssd didn't have space. There was no option to install games in my external hdd, the external... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Lakshman Atluri1, Jan 3, 2022.

1. Unable to install games, gets error 0x00000001 or no option to choose external device.

I bought xbox game pass for playing games, but my internal ssd didn't have space. There was no option to install games in my external hdd, the external hard drive is not showing in xbox app while installing game like forza horizon 5, ascent etc. I searched internet and tried some solutions, in many those only one solution worked but now I have new problem. The solution was to delete some registry values and get updates in MS store and reboot my pc, it worked fine, now the xbox app shows my external hard drive as well but when I try installing, game it showed error 0x00000001. Before that at least the game started downloading in ssd even though I wanted to install in hdd which wasn't recognized in xbox app. Now I got option to install in both sdd and hdd but couldn't install because of error. So I searched internet again to solve error 0x00000001 and found some solution in which only one worked again. That is to reset gaming services in settings. But now the hdd is not showing in options. The situation is like if i solve one problem by the solutions, gives another problem. I don't want to install my games on ssd, i want to install only my external hard drive. Anyone please give me solution that solves both problems. I tried all the things like resetting apps and services, updating windows and apps deleting some registry, Changing storage settings, xbox app settings etc

:)

Lakshman Atluri1, Jan 3, 2022
  2. LakshmanAtluri1 Win User

Unable to install games, gets error 0x00000001 or no option to choose external device.

not worked, in step 4 it said windows 10 machine of same version, but I have windows 11. Except step 4 I tried all other steps and still it didn't work
  3. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

Please try the following:

Step 1

- Type Troubleshoot in Windows search and press Enter

- If you can't see troubleshooters, click the Additional troubleshooters option on the right

- Here, find Windows update section

- Click Run the troubleshooter and wait till the process is finished.

Step 2

- Type Services in Windows search and hit Enter

- In the new Windows, scroll down till you find Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS)

- If the service is running, right-click and select Restart

- If not, right-click and select Start

- Do the same with Windows Update service.

Step 3

Press Win + REnter the following and hit Enter:

regsvr32 Qmgr.dll /s

Open the Run dialog again and run the following command:

regsvr32 Qmgrprxy.dll /s

Step 4

For this fix to work, you would have to find another Windows 10 machine of the same version (Home/Pro/Enterprise). If you have access to such a machine, do the following:

- Access another computerType regedit in Windows search and press Enter

- If User Account Control shows up, click YesNavigate to the following location:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\System\\CurrentControlSet\\Services\\TrustedInstaller

- Right-click on the branch and select Export

- Choose the location, name the file trustedinstaller and click Save

- Transfer the file to your computer

- Once the file is on your desktop, double-click the trustedinstaller.reg to merge it with your own registry

- Restart the PC and try updating Windows again.

Step 5

If none of the above helps, you can repair your Windows installation without losing files or installed apps. Here's how to do it:

- Go to the official Microsoft website and download installation files

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...(press Download tool now)

- Once downloaded, double-click the setup.exe

- Accept License and Terms, select Upgrade this PC now, and click Next

- After the necessary files are downloaded, choose Keep personal files and apps

- Click Install (make sure that all apps are closed and not running before doing this)

- Your PC will restart and installation finished
  4. Lucas Lauer Win User

Xbox App Wont Install games

When trying to install on the external storage, you received the same error? 0x00000001?
  5. DiamondTech Win User

Problems launching Games

6. geoff128 Win User

Windows 11 - XBox App and Xbox Game Pass - Unable to install any game (error 0x00000001)

Thema:

1. Unable to install games, gets error 0x00000001 or no option to choose external device. - Similar Threads - Unable install games

2. I am unable to install any games from the Microsoft Store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am unable to install any games from the Microsoft Store: This new laptop arrived and I wanted to install video games on it, such as Minecraft. I have been trying to troubleshoot and fix the problem, but this has not worked. Every single time I try to...
  3. Unable to log into Xbox Live games, error message: To sign into Xbox, please install this...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to log into Xbox Live games, error message: To sign into Xbox, please install this...: Hello, after recently buying a new computer I noticed that I'm unable to log into Xbox Live. Whenever I attempt, the following error appears: To sign into Xbox, please install this framework...
  4. Unable to install or update games and apps, Installing bar at 0.0% indefinitely

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to install or update games and apps, Installing bar at 0.0% indefinitely: Hi, I was wondering if anyone has come into trouble of games and apps not being able to update or install on their Xbox one. I have tried everything, a reset leaving the power cord out for...
  5. Unable to install games on non-windows drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to install games on non-windows drive: I am currently having an issue where i am unable to install games from the Xbox app on windows on my secondary hard drive (non-boot drive). I have attempt to change the default install location to...
  6. Xbox gamepass on PC unable to install Starfield game after complete download error code...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox gamepass on PC unable to install Starfield game after complete download error code...: On PC with updated win11, nvidia drivers, Win Security is green. Xbox app installs game (Starfield) after downloading all 121GB, then it stops "Something unexpected happened" error code...
  7. I am unable to play a game through the Cloud if I have the game installed on the PC Xbox App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am unable to play a game through the Cloud if I have the game installed on the PC Xbox App: Start Menu -> Xbox App -> Cloud Gaming (Requirement must have Gamepass Ultimate and must the game installed on your PC Xbox App IE StarField) So on the PC Xbox App under the Cloud Gaming tab...
  8. I am unable to install games on the XBOX App on PC.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am unable to install games on the XBOX App on PC.: I recently restore my windows and since then i have been unable to install any games on the Xbox App. I have tried mutiple differenet solutions form the internet and nothing seems to work. And the...
  9. Why am I unable to install xbox game pass games on my pc to my hdd?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I unable to install xbox game pass games on my pc to my hdd?: I just upgraded my PC's motherboard and all and also upgraded to win 11 (big mistake I know) and i wanted to play starfield from the pc game pass app but whenever I try to install any game pass...
  10. Unable to install gaming services for Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to install gaming services for Xbox: My Xbox app on pc cannot function because there is an error with the gaming services app. In the Xbox app it registers as an 0x8007007e error. I have attempted to install from the prompts within...