Unable to install game on pc through the Xbox app

Discus and support Unable to install game on pc through the Xbox app in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Every time I try to install a game through the Xbox app, I get the error message: 0x80073d0d. I tried the following: - Reset MS store - Uninstalled... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Syed Abdullah2, Jan 30, 2023.

1. Unable to install game on pc through the Xbox app

Every time I try to install a game through the Xbox app, I get the error message:

0x80073d0d.

I tried the following:

- Reset MS store

- Uninstalled and reinstalled Xbox app

- Restarted the pc

Also tried the following:

If you get sent to the Store when you try to launch a game, reinstall the Gaming Services app on your Windows 10/11 device:

1. Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.
    2. In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
    3. In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN
    4. Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.
    5. Restart your device and try to install the game again.

Called MS support

- Those incompetent people kept on transferring my calls between Xbox support, Windows support, and Microsoft Support for 2 hours. I called multiple times to experience the same thing.

Does anyone know any solution?

:)

Syed Abdullah2, Jan 30, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Thanks for trying. If you only tried repairing Gaming services app, please try to reset it as well.

If you have 3rd party anti-virus software installed, please disable it temporarily. If you only use Windows Defender, please try to turn off the real-time protection.

Please refer to the link here in turning off realt-time protection of Windows Defender: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/sta...

Please also try the steps below.

1. Open the Start menu and search Microsoft Store
    Select the Library icon
    Now click the Get updates button > This will then update all the apps within the Store

2. The services might not be running and if this is the case then you are going to get all sorts of error messages:

Right-click on the start menu icon and select Task Manager
    Now click the Services tab
    Find GamingServices and GamingServicesNet
    If the Status says Stopped then right-click on each service and click Start
    You may stop them and start again as well.

3. By default, the app permission for the Gaming Service is set to Power optimised, so try changing it to Always:

Right-click the Start menu and select Apps and Features
    Now search for Gaming Services
    Click on Advanced Options
    Under “Background apps permissions” select the drop-down and change to Always
  3. Syed Abdullah2 Win User

Hi Rostom,

I followed the steps you listed. Yet, I am seeing the same problem.
  4. Rostom L Win User

Hi Syed! I'm Rostom, an Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you here. Sorry for the trouble it has caused you. Let's try our best here to sort this out.

Please right-click the Start menu and select Apps and Features
    Now search for Gaming Services. If you cannot search it, try the keyword "Microsoft" or "Microsoft Store"
    If it shows Gaming Services, click on it.
    Next click Terminate
    Then under Reset, you will see a Repair button which you need to click.

Let me know if that works.
  5. Kimmy_24 Win User

I am trying to launch the Jurassic world evolution 2 then after I launch it will update with some MBs then it will error.

Just to confirm, you're unable to install it on Xbox app and MS store? Are you playing the game through the game pass?
  6. Gerardo CG Win User

Mincraft launcer instaling issues

Hi there Scordare, my name is Gerardo, and I'm an Xbox player. I'll be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.

If you're unable to install the game using the installer downloaded from the official game website, please try installing it through the Xbox App on your PC:

https://www.xbox.com/apps/xbox-app-for-pc

Open the Xbox App, and in the search bar, type "Minecraft Launcher" to see if it allows you to install it that way.

If you can't find it manually, you can use the following link to make the Xbox App open specifically in the Minecraft Launcher page so that you can install it:

https://www.xbox.com/games/store/minecraft-launcher/9PGW18NPBZV5

I hope this helps and if you have further questions please let me know.

Kind regards,
    Gerardo.
Thema:

1. Unable to install game on pc through the Xbox app - Similar Threads - Unable install game

2. I am unable to install any games from the Microsoft Store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am unable to install any games from the Microsoft Store: This new laptop arrived and I wanted to install video games on it, such as Minecraft. I have been trying to troubleshoot and fix the problem, but this has not worked. Every single time I try to...
  3. Unable to log into Xbox Live games, error message: To sign into Xbox, please install this...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to log into Xbox Live games, error message: To sign into Xbox, please install this...: Hello, after recently buying a new computer I noticed that I'm unable to log into Xbox Live. Whenever I attempt, the following error appears: To sign into Xbox, please install this framework...
  4. Unable to install or update games and apps, Installing bar at 0.0% indefinitely

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to install or update games and apps, Installing bar at 0.0% indefinitely: Hi, I was wondering if anyone has come into trouble of games and apps not being able to update or install on their Xbox one. I have tried everything, a reset leaving the power cord out for...
  5. Unable to install games on non-windows drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to install games on non-windows drive: I am currently having an issue where i am unable to install games from the Xbox app on windows on my secondary hard drive (non-boot drive). I have attempt to change the default install location to...
  6. Xbox gamepass on PC unable to install Starfield game after complete download error code...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox gamepass on PC unable to install Starfield game after complete download error code...: On PC with updated win11, nvidia drivers, Win Security is green. Xbox app installs game (Starfield) after downloading all 121GB, then it stops "Something unexpected happened" error code...
  7. I am unable to play a game through the Cloud if I have the game installed on the PC Xbox App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am unable to play a game through the Cloud if I have the game installed on the PC Xbox App: Start Menu -> Xbox App -> Cloud Gaming (Requirement must have Gamepass Ultimate and must the game installed on your PC Xbox App IE StarField) So on the PC Xbox App under the Cloud Gaming tab...
  8. I am unable to install games on the XBOX App on PC.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am unable to install games on the XBOX App on PC.: I recently restore my windows and since then i have been unable to install any games on the Xbox App. I have tried mutiple differenet solutions form the internet and nothing seems to work. And the...
  9. Why am I unable to install xbox game pass games on my pc to my hdd?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I unable to install xbox game pass games on my pc to my hdd?: I just upgraded my PC's motherboard and all and also upgraded to win 11 (big mistake I know) and i wanted to play starfield from the pc game pass app but whenever I try to install any game pass...
  10. Unable to install gaming services for Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to install gaming services for Xbox: My Xbox app on pc cannot function because there is an error with the gaming services app. In the Xbox app it registers as an 0x8007007e error. I have attempted to install from the prompts within...