Unable to install Forza Horizon 5 error code 0x80070002

Discus and support Unable to install Forza Horizon 5 error code 0x80070002 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Need some help here, trying to install forza Horizon 5 from the store and Xbox App, I get the error listed. error code 0x80070002 From everything I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Williek66, May 23, 2023.

1. Williek66
    Williek66 Guest

Need some help here, trying to install forza Horizon 5 from the store and Xbox App, I get the error listed.

error code 0x80070002

From everything I see this seems to be attached to gaming services, which I have uninstalled an reinstalled, with the same result.

Windows 11 fully up to date, drivers etc. following a clean install yesterday, this did not fix the issue.

Default install location c:\xboxgames

I can download other games from the Store, but games which are ~100GB+ return the eror above and will not download.
    Forza Horizone 5 and Forza Motorsport 7 both fail with this error.

I have successfully installed Halo Infinite and a few other smaller games.

Any suggestions as to what I can try?

:)

Williek66, May 23, 2023
  2. JeanettB Win User

Xbox App PC Error 0x00000001 When downloading Forza Horizon 5

Same error here, unable to install FORZA HORIZON 5.

tried all and nothing works
  3. floydfan33 Win User

Thanks for this! After trying all the recommended fixes, you solved it!
  4. OpticRJames Win User

Thanks for sharing those details. It is possible that it was a bug only. I would highly recommend providing feedback about it using the feedback button on the Xbox app. You can do this by clicking your avatar picture there and then clicking the feedback button. I appreciate your time contacting us about the issue. Please let me know if you have any other concerns.
  5. Williek66 Win User

Glad it helped, it was so infuriating and I tried so many things before I actually managed to trip over a solution :)
  6. daniel williams5 Win User

omg thank you so much ive been trying to install this game for over a year now and did this and it worked!!!deffinetly a bug
Thema:

1. Unable to install Forza Horizon 5 error code 0x80070002 - Similar Threads - Unable install Forza

2. Unable to install apps on Xbox 1s

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to install apps on Xbox 1s: I have tried to download apps such as Spotify or YouTube, it shows that I own it but whenever it comes to installing it, it just doesn't do anything, I've pressed it multiple times, I've tried...
  3. Unable to install xbox from store or online installer?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to install xbox from store or online installer?: I bought a new laptop from acer. Its windows 11 updated to latest version. On installing xbox app from microsoft store I am getting error code 0x80070490 and from installing from online install I...
  4. I am unable to install any games from the Microsoft Store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am unable to install any games from the Microsoft Store: This new laptop arrived and I wanted to install video games on it, such as Minecraft. I have been trying to troubleshoot and fix the problem, but this has not worked. Every single time I try to...
  5. Unable to log into Xbox Live games, error message: To sign into Xbox, please install this...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to log into Xbox Live games, error message: To sign into Xbox, please install this...: Hello, after recently buying a new computer I noticed that I'm unable to log into Xbox Live. Whenever I attempt, the following error appears: To sign into Xbox, please install this framework...
  6. Unable to install or update games and apps, Installing bar at 0.0% indefinitely

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to install or update games and apps, Installing bar at 0.0% indefinitely: Hi, I was wondering if anyone has come into trouble of games and apps not being able to update or install on their Xbox one. I have tried everything, a reset leaving the power cord out for...
  7. Unable to install games on non-windows drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to install games on non-windows drive: I am currently having an issue where i am unable to install games from the Xbox app on windows on my secondary hard drive (non-boot drive). I have attempt to change the default install location to...
  8. Unable to select default install drive.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to select default install drive.: None of my games will update and new ones will not install. I believe this is because I can not select an install directory. In XBOX App > Settings > Install Options on a Windows PC: When I open...
  9. Xbox gamepass on PC unable to install Starfield game after complete download error code...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox gamepass on PC unable to install Starfield game after complete download error code...: On PC with updated win11, nvidia drivers, Win Security is green. Xbox app installs game (Starfield) after downloading all 121GB, then it stops "Something unexpected happened" error code...
  10. Unable to install Forza 5

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to install Forza 5: Whenever I try to install Forza 5 I get and error 100% message popping up. Error Code: 0x80070002 If i try to press retry it shows Downloading 100% 12.8gb of 12.8gb...