: Unable to get Teredo IP address when testing my NAT type.

Discus and support : Unable to get Teredo IP address when testing my NAT type. in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; : Unable to get Teredo IP address when testing my NAT type. Hi, I have been having this issue for over a year now and have no idea how to solve it... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by mowaDG, Apr 17, 2021.

1. mowaDG
    mowaDG Guest

Hi, I have been having this issue for over a year now and have no idea how to solve it whenever I test my NAT type its either strict or tells me cannot get a Teredo IP address I have tried port triggering which hasn't helped and DMZ which also hasn't helped. One weird thing I have noticed when my NAT type is unavailable is that I can still talk to my friends and play some games with them. Any help would be appreciated. My router is a TP-Link W9960 which I just bought thinking it could be a problem with the modem/router My previous one was a Huawei HG633 I also run IPv4

:)

mowaDG, Apr 17, 2021
  2. TO0ms Win User

Unable to connect to party chat at all on Xbox One. NAT type always strict and "Can't get a Teredo IP address" error testing multiplayer connection.

Yes, NAT type shows strict and testing the multiplayer connection yields this error: 'Can't get a Teredo IP address'
  3. mowaDG Win User

Unable to get Teredo IP address when testing my NAT type.

I have UPNP on and I have tried port forwarding and DMZ and still no luck however in my router settings there is a section about IPV6 tunnelling and under my UPNP settings it tells me:

[table][tr]IDService DescriptionExternal PortProtocolInternal IP AddressInternal Port[/tr][tr][td]1[/td][td]Teredo 192.168.1.104:52426->524[/td][td]52426[/td][td]UDP[/td][td]192.168.1.104[/td][td]52426[/td][/tr][tr][td]2[/td][td]Teredo 192.168.1.102:3074->3074[/td][td]3074[/td][td]UDP[/td][td]192.168.1.102[/td][td]3074[/td][/tr][/table]
    [table][tr][/tr][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table]
    I also have two Xboxs on my network and one is using 3074 as its external port and this one is for some reason using 52426 would that make a difference?
  4. Just a Volunteer Win User

Hi mowaDG

First thing to check on either or both consoles is Do they have ipv4 AND ipv6 protocol addresses?

Goto Settings>General> Network settings and Network ports used by Xbox Live

This section displays the current status of your network connection.

[​IMG]

• The first indicator tells you whether you're connected. If you are, this tells you if you're connected via a wired or wireless connection. If you’re wireless, this will display a signal-strength indicator to show the approximate strength of your signal.
    The second indicator shows your Internet Protocol version, which will be either Ipv4 or Ipv6. For Xbox One to connect to the internet using IPv6, your home router needs to have IPv6 enabled, and your internet service provider (ISP) must support IPv6.
  5. Just a Volunteer Win User

Also check the Advanced NAT Troubleshooting (multiple consoles) steps at the bottom of this support page, Troubleshoot NAT errors
  6. THESH4P3 Win User

Hi, I have been having this issue for over a year now and have no idea how to solve it whenever I test my NAT type its either strict or tells me cannot get a Teredo IP address I have tried port triggering which hasn't helped and DMZ which also hasn't helped. One weird thing I have noticed when my NAT type is unavailable is that I can still talk to my friends and play some games with them. Any help would be appreciated. My router is a TP-Link W9960 which I just bought thinking it could be a problem with the modem/router My previous one was a Huawei HG633 I also run IPv4
    • Teredo is an ipv6 tuneling technology
    • The client firewall must allow resolution of teredo.ipv6.microsoft.com.
    • UDP Port 3544 must be open to ensure that Teredo clients can successfully communicate with the Teredo server.
    • The firewall permits the system to send and receive UDP/IPv4 packets to UDP port 1900 on the local subnet as this allows UPnP discovery traffic to flow and has the potential to improve connectivity rates.
    Go on the xbox setting to see if u got ipv6 if u dont ure gonna have ro open port 1900

Or open upnp traffic
Thema:

1. : Unable to get Teredo IP address when testing my NAT type. - Similar Threads - Unable Teredo address

2. Unable to install Minecraft Launcher

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to install Minecraft Launcher: I tried to install the new 1.20.5 version of Minecraft and it kept crashing, so I uninstalled the launcher and now trying to re-install it won't work. I've: 1. Restarted my PC several times 2....
  3. Xbox one unable to turn my roku tv off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one unable to turn my roku tv off: So ive recently switched tvs and i usually have my xbox turn the tv on and off because it saves me time and focus and the roku tv does not respond to the inputs, so i was wondering if its possible...
  4. Xbox Series X Error 8015190E - Unable to sign into Xbox live backwards compatible 360 games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Error 8015190E - Unable to sign into Xbox live backwards compatible 360 games: I've been getting a 8015190E error code within the past week when attempting to sign into a 360 backwards compatible game on my xbox series X. I attempted hard reseting my Xbox, changing my DNS...
  5. I am unable to load into Fortnite yet have full connectivity from Wifi.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am unable to load into Fortnite yet have full connectivity from Wifi.: I have been trying to load into fortnite for over an hour. I appear to be having an issie with my wifi yet my xbox states all tests are able to be passed, connection tests, internet speed tests,...
  6. Xbox series X Unable to record gameplay since April 13 update

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series X Unable to record gameplay since April 13 update: I regularly record my gameplay for Youtube purposes, but since the weekend of April 13th i am no longer able to record gameplay. I can record 1 or 2x but after that the recording will instantly...
  7. Since the update on April 10th/11th, unable to record any game clips

in XBoX on Consoles
    Since the update on April 10th/11th, unable to record any game clips: Hi, Since update 10.0.25398.4086 (xb_flt_2404zn.240402-1830), my Xbox One is not able to record anything. [Description of how it looks] When I try to record, sometimes I get a pop up saying...
  8. Unable to connect to Xbox live through backwards compatibility.

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to connect to Xbox live through backwards compatibility.: As the title reads, I’m unable to connect to Xbox live through backwards compatibility through Xbox 360. The issue started yesterday and I just thought the servers were down but it turns out it...
  9. Teredo is unable to qualify

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Teredo is unable to qualify: Ho comprato Forza Horizon 5 e non mi fa connettere a Xbox Live, sono andato ad informarmi e mi dice "Teredo is unable to qualify", ho capito cosa è e sono andato a provare tutti i metodi, ma nella...
  10. Teredo is unable to qualify error it block me to play with friends in xbox game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Teredo is unable to qualify error it block me to play with friends in xbox game pass: Hi I tried to fix this error but it didn't work because I don't know where is the problem is it from my router block teredo or I don't have teredo tunneling adapter and I tried to download it...