Unable to get mouse and keyboard to work on child account

Discus and support Unable to get mouse and keyboard to work on child account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Roblox and Fortnite Mouse and keyboard wasn't recognized on child account. --Solution for us: Home button Settings Account Family Settings... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TEXASKASH, Feb 13, 2023.

1. TEXASKASH
    TEXASKASH Guest

Roblox and Fortnite

Mouse and keyboard wasn't recognized on child account.

--Solution for us:

Home button

Settings

Account

Family Settings

Manage Family members

Select child account you want to use mouse & keyboard

Web filtering - select turned off

These steps ultimately fixed the issue and allowed us to use the mouse and keyboard.

:)

TEXASKASH, Feb 13, 2023
  2. MajorParrot9775 Win User

Unable to get keyboard and Mosue to work in game mode playing Fortnite

3. trouser66 Win User

Keyboard and mouse not working on child's account on Fortnite

If your account is not a child
    account, have you tried to configure your mouse and keyboard
  4. SoloMem0 Win User

Unable to get keyboard/mouse to work in Fortnite for child accounts (but they work for adults)

Hi there,

I do not believe that there is anything that you would be able to do from your side to get this resolved. Unfortunately, this seems to be a known issue.

Please take a look at the following article.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/known-issues-for-game-launches-january-2019/

There is a section that reads as follows "Note: Child accounts are unable to use Mouse & Keyboard support on Fortnite at this time. Look for news in the future on when this feature will be enabled."

As you mentioned, this is a feature that was first implemented two months ago and it may just take a little bit longer for it to be available to child accounts.
  5. MajorParrot9775 Win User

Unable to get keyboard/mouse to work in Fortnite for child accounts (but they work for adults)

SoloMem0-

A thousand thank yous!!!

All I asked for is that someone please confirm this problem, and that post you shared gives me hope that this has taken place and hopefully a fix is coming soon.

I will also share that post with Epic Games, since I have opened an issue with them about this as well (per the earlier suggestion).
  6. XBF George L Win User

Hello!

Thanks for reaching out to us here on the forums with this situation. I understand you're having issues with playing Fortnite with keyboard and mouse from a child account is that correct? I would definitely recommend

contacting Epic Games
    and asking them if that is by design or if its just a compatibility issue that needs to be addressed. Hope this helps.

Fortnite and mouse and keyboard support.
Thema:

1. Unable to get mouse and keyboard to work on child account - Similar Threads - Unable mouse keyboard

2. Xbox one unable to turn my roku tv off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one unable to turn my roku tv off: So ive recently switched tvs and i usually have my xbox turn the tv on and off because it saves me time and focus and the roku tv does not respond to the inputs, so i was wondering if its possible...
  3. Xbox Series X Error 8015190E - Unable to sign into Xbox live backwards compatible 360 games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Error 8015190E - Unable to sign into Xbox live backwards compatible 360 games: I've been getting a 8015190E error code within the past week when attempting to sign into a 360 backwards compatible game on my xbox series X. I attempted hard reseting my Xbox, changing my DNS...
  4. I am unable to load into Fortnite yet have full connectivity from Wifi.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am unable to load into Fortnite yet have full connectivity from Wifi.: I have been trying to load into fortnite for over an hour. I appear to be having an issie with my wifi yet my xbox states all tests are able to be passed, connection tests, internet speed tests,...
  5. Xbox series X Unable to record gameplay since April 13 update

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series X Unable to record gameplay since April 13 update: I regularly record my gameplay for Youtube purposes, but since the weekend of April 13th i am no longer able to record gameplay. I can record 1 or 2x but after that the recording will instantly...
  6. Since the update on April 10th/11th, unable to record any game clips

in XBoX on Consoles
    Since the update on April 10th/11th, unable to record any game clips: Hi, Since update 10.0.25398.4086 (xb_flt_2404zn.240402-1830), my Xbox One is not able to record anything. [Description of how it looks] When I try to record, sometimes I get a pop up saying...
  7. Unable to connect to Xbox live through backwards compatibility.

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to connect to Xbox live through backwards compatibility.: As the title reads, I’m unable to connect to Xbox live through backwards compatibility through Xbox 360. The issue started yesterday and I just thought the servers were down but it turns out it...
  8. Unable to start Xbox app on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to start Xbox app on PC: Greetings! Since roughly 2 weeks ago I am unable to start the Xbox PC app and thus unable to access any games through my gamepass. The problem shown is the following: Upon starting up the Xbox...
  9. On the Xbox app I have this error "0x80070426" which makes it unable for me to update the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    On the Xbox app I have this error "0x80070426" which makes it unable for me to update the...: [img] I have tried reinstalling the Xbox app, Gaming services and even the Microsoft Store. The only windows update I need is the 2024-01 Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based...
  10. why am i unable to right click on games?

in XBoX on Windows
    why am i unable to right click on games?: so before this issue, i was trying to fix the game bar not running in background and then shortcuts not working. but after i fixed them suddenly whenever i right click on a game in my game library...