Unable to download Xbox 360 titles or purchase items for avatar

Discus and support Unable to download Xbox 360 titles or purchase items for avatar in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Whenever I try to download an Xbox 360 game or try purchasing items for my Xbox Avatar I get a message saying that my account is unable to make this... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GAM1NGT193R, Oct 21, 2017.

1. GAM1NGT193R
    GAM1NGT193R Guest

Whenever I try to download an Xbox 360 game or try purchasing items for my Xbox Avatar I get a message saying that my account is unable to make this type of purchase on Xbox.com. My account is not set to child mode and I don't have a 360 account. I previously
    contacted support and the person that responded to me with a suggestion to try purchasing the items I wanted through a web browser but after I told him that it didn't work I was ignored. Is there anyway to fix my avvount so I can purcahse avatar items and
    download 360 games?

:)

GAM1NGT193R, Oct 21, 2017
  2. Wolfy6D
    Wolfy6D Guest
    Unable to purchase Xbox Avatar or 360 games

Every time i try to purchase an avatar item or an xbox 360 backwards compatable title form my PC or Xbox One it says:

Your account is unable to make this kind of purchase on xbox.com. Please make this purchase on your Xbox.

I am on an adult account with microsoft credit form xbox gift cards and a birthdate of 1990 but it wont let me purchase anything but xbox one games.

Please Help.

Wolfy6D, Oct 21, 2017
  3. AX3TASTIC
    AX3TASTIC Guest
    FAQ: Xbox Live Marketplace on the Web

What are the computer and Xbox console requirements for purchasing from the web?
    • A computer with internet access and a web browser (cookies and JavaScript need to be enabled).
    • An Xbox 360 console with internet access.
    • A storage device for your Xbox 360 console. For example, a 512MB memory unit or 20GB hard drive.
    • An Xbox Live Silver or Gold account. If you don't have an Xbox Live account, you can sign up for a free account here.
    Please note: The account holder must be 18 years old or older to purchase from the web.

Games on Demand How can I access the game manuals for these titles?
    The game manuals for Games on Demand titles can be viewed, downloaded and printed from Web Marketplace on Xbox.com. Simply locate the Games on Demand title in Web Marketplace, and select Download Game Manual on the product page.

Avatar Marketplace How do I purchase items for my avatar?
    Browse Avatar Marketplace on Xbox.com for items that express yourself and your sense of style. When you find an item you like, select the Buy button to purchase it. The avatar item will be added to the Avatar Editor and your Download Queue. You can choose
    to wear the item on Xbox.com. Or, download the avatar item to your console. Simply power your console on and sign in using the same Xbox Live account you used to purchase the item.

How do I put an avatar item on my avatar after I have purchased it?
    After you have purchased an avatar item, you will be asked if you would like to wear the item. If you select “Yes” the item will magically appear on your avatar. If you want to wear the item later, you can either go to the Avatar
    Editor
    on Xbox.com. Or, download the avatar item to your console where you can find and wear the item by selecting your profile in the My Xbox channel, then selecting Customize Avatar, and then Change My Style in the Avatar Editor.

Can I purchase a woman's item if I have a male avatar? And vice versa?
    Some avatar items are made for only one body type. For example, a men's shirt will only fit a male avatar body. During purchase, Web Marketplace will verify that the avatar item will fit your avatar body type.

Download Queue What is the Download Queue?
    The Download Queue is a web-based view of items that will be downloaded to your Xbox 360 console. It is similar to the Active Downloads feature on your console dashboard.
    Each Xbox Live account has its own Download Queue. Items you purchase from Xbox Live Marketplace are automatically placed in your Download Queue. You can perform other actions such as viewing the status of your downloads, moving items to the top of the Download
    Queue, or removing items.

How do I remove items from my Download Queue?
    You can remove items from your Download Queue by selecting the Remove link next to the item. A message will appear for you to confirm this action. Removing an item
    from your Download Queue does not remove the item from the Xbox 360 console if it is already downloaded.

What does a status of "Download Pending" mean in the Download Queue?
    This means the top-most item in your Download Queue is awaiting download by your Xbox 360 console. The download will begin the next time you power your console on and sign in to Xbox Live.

What does a status of "Download in Progress" mean in the Download Queue?
    This means the top-most item in your Download Queue is downloading to your Xbox 360 console. If you are on your console, you can view progress of this item by navigating to Guide Button > Marketplace > Active Downloads.

What does a status of "Not Enough Space" mean in the Download Queue?
    This means the top-most item in your Download Queue is too large to download to your Xbox 360 console. To clear space or view available space on your Xbox 360 console, go to System Settings in the My Xbox area and select Memory. Follow the on screen steps
    to select the storage device and remove items that you no longer wish to have on your Xbox 360 console.

Downloading to Xbox 360 How do I download my purchases to Xbox 360?
    Upon confirming purchase of an item in Xbox Live Marketplace on the Web, the item is added to your Download Queue. Next, power your console on and sign in using the same
    Xbox Live account you used to purchase the item. Items will automatically download to the console in the order specified in your Download Queue.

How long does it take to download items to my Xbox 360 console?
    Download time primarily depends on the size of the item and your Internet connection speed. For some connection types, local network traffic can also affect download times.

Are downloaded items stored on my personal computer?
    All items purchased from Live Marketplace on the Web are downloaded to your Xbox 360 console. Avatar items are also available on Xbox.com which means you can access them from any PC or browser-enabled mobile device.

I play games on multiple consoles. Where will my downloads go?
    Content will automatically download to the first console you sign into after completing a purchase on the web. If you decide to sign into a second console and you have content in the Download Queue, the items will appear in the console’s Active Downloads
    feature and you have the option to download content to the second console. If you choose not to download the content to the second console, the content will remain in the Download Queue until you sign into your first console.

Content that you purchased and downloaded to the second console can be downloaded again to your first console using the Download History feature.

Please Note: Changing the download location does not change the usage restrictions on the content. Usage restrictions are applied to the first console the download is started or played on.

Can I play my purchases on my computer?
    Except for avatar items, all other content purchased from Xbox Live Marketplace is designed for use only on Xbox 360 consoles.

Download History Where can I see items I have purchased?
    All items you have purchased from Xbox Live Marketplace (including free items and items you purchased using your console) will appear in your Download History. Your purchases
    are grouped under three categories: Games, Game Demos, and Avatars.

How do I download items I previously purchased from the web?
    Go to your Download History and select the Add to Queue button next to the item you want to download again. You can also locate items you own in Xbox Live Marketplace and
    click the Download to Xbox 360 button to add the item to your Download Queue.

How do I return an item purchased from Xbox Live Marketplace on the Web?
    All items purchased or rented from Xbox Live Marketplace, using the Web or your Xbox 360 console, are non-refundable.

Gold Exclusives and Other Questions What are Gold Exclusive items?
    Gold members get early access to select downloads, trailers, videos and more. If you currently have a Free Live membership, you can upgrade to Gold and enjoy this benefit.

How do I send a link to a friend?
    To tell a friend about a specific item, select the “Share this” tab for the item. This will reveal a URL or web address that you can copy and paste into an e-mail or instant message.

Is the same content available for download in all countries?
    Available content varies by country. Content is tailored for each specific Xbox Live Marketplace, and most content providers limit what countries their content may be distributed in. So, certain content and services can only be purchased and downloaded to
    consoles in specific countries. Please see the Xbox Live Marketplace catalog for your country to find out what is available for download.

AX3TASTIC, Oct 21, 2017
  4. Mister Cizl Win User

Server Error in '/' Application. Runtime Error

Hey brm2005! You will need to add a payment option to purchase avatar items through the website or an Xbox 360 console to purchase avatar items. Thanks!
  5. M3tal Daz3 Win User

regarding avatar props

You don't need to use both consoles connected in the same time. If you purchase an avatar item from the marketplace through your xbox 360 it will be available for your avatar in the xbox one console as well. For the moment there are a few free avatar items
    (like the Mercy Wings Prop) you can download to try this out

To purchase avatar items you need a valid method of payment in your account (like a credit card) or you can use prepaid currency cards.
  6. Kaning Lamig25 Win User

Unable to purchase avatar props.

Hello, JXL.

This is a common error if you will buy an item specially avatar items that are free like the Overwatch free avatar prop on Xbox One that are originally released on Xbox 360. Unlike Back Compat that can be purchased now on Xbox One, except of course if you
    are using Microsoft points. These avatar props can only be purchased on Xbox 360 Market. If you have an Xbox 360 console. you may try to purchase it there.
  7. HassanB Win User

Puchased and downloaded content - but can't locate new content

Hi,

What sort of Add-On's did you purchase? I know that Minecraft only has Skin Packs as "Add-On's" in the marketplace at this point in time.

If you purchased an Avatar Item, Gamer Picture, or Theme those are items used on the Xbox 360 Dashboard (for themes), for Avatar Items / Gamer Pictures those are things that you can spruce up your Xbox 360 Avatar with. Those are items your friends see you having
    on their friends list, not items that can be used in game.
  8. HassanB Win User

Minecraft xbox 360 faces add-on.

Hi,

It looks like you've purchased something that is only usable on the Xbox 360 Avatar and not in game. The only purchasable items for use in Minecraft itself are the Skin packs (selectable in the main menu of the game).

It's likely you purchased an avatar item that's used only on your Xbox 360 Avatar character. This is what your friends on your friends list see, as well as what you see on Xbox.com. These are not items that are usable in game at all, only outside of the game
    to show off your unique style. You must have purchased something on this list
    here
    (those are all avatar items).

Instructions on how to use these avatar items can be found here.
Thema:

1. Unable to download Xbox 360 titles or purchase items for avatar - Similar Threads - Unable download 360

2. Unable to download java.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to download java.: I bought Minecraft Java and Bedrock, I can play Bedrock but when I try and play Java it says buy now, when I click, it says already owned and it wont let me download it. Im 100% sure im on the...
  3. I entered a digital code on my pc to redeem the game but unable to download it on Xboxone...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I entered a digital code on my pc to redeem the game but unable to download it on Xboxone...: I purchased a digital code for Halo Infinity xbox from Ebay and entered a digital code on my pc to redeem the game under my Microsoft account. and my purchase history shows the code has been...
  4. Unable to download account to Xbox 360

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to download account to Xbox 360: [img] Hi! I keep getting the error code 8007274D. I tried all the solutions here:...
  5. Why am I unable to download a game that I have purchased?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I unable to download a game that I have purchased?: Hi. I had purchased Omori before it was removed from the Xbox store. Despite online searching say that I can still download and play it, I am unable to do so. It feels like robbing since I paid...
  6. Unable to MSFS digital ownership version in order history, can't re-download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to MSFS digital ownership version in order history, can't re-download: I purchased MSFS in DEC of 2022 and installed and played it for several months. I deleted it to clear up space. When I went to go back and install it from XBOX, I couldn't find my purchase. I...
  7. I am unable to download the Xbox app from the microsoft store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am unable to download the Xbox app from the microsoft store: As the question states i am unable to install the Xbox app from windows store. its just stuck at 0% and ive download the Xboxinstaller.exe from microsofts/xbox website and still no luck, I've...
  8. I am unable to download my Xbox one world to Bedrock. Who can help; how can I get this to work?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am unable to download my Xbox one world to Bedrock. Who can help; how can I get this to work?: I have been trying to transfer this world for years now and to no prevail. I have recently bought an Xbox Series X to try to help me with this issue… it didn’t help. My world will sync to bedrock...
  9. Why am i unable to download a game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am i unable to download a game?: Trying to redownload fortnite at the moment and it says i own the game despite it not being in my games and apps, then says i need to update the game (not optional) and then proceeds to tell me...
  10. Previous Xbox 360 purchase games from XBox One store unable to download on 360 from store...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Previous Xbox 360 purchase games from XBox One store unable to download on 360 from store...: I have previously purchase Xbox 360 games that I purchased on the Xbox One live store, that I am trying to download on my Xbox 360 and the Xbox 360 game store wants me to pay for them even though...