Unable to download profile onto my xbox 360, receives the 801540A9 error code.

Discus and support Unable to download profile onto my xbox 360, receives the 801540A9 error code. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, i recently decided to start playing my xbox 360 again but when i signed in, I couldnt connect to xbox live and whenever I tried, it would tell... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Flame Pirate, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Flame Pirate
    Flame Pirate Guest

Hello, i recently decided to start playing my xbox 360 again but when i signed in, I couldnt connect to xbox live and whenever I tried, it would tell me that my parent account is invalid or something, but the thing is, my account isnt a child account and
    never has been.

Maybe it had something to do with the fact that I recently downloaded my profile onto a friends xbox one x and played for a while but I'm not sure, I didn't have any problems when on the xbox one.

So I deleted my profile so I could try redownload it onto my 360 but whenever I try to do so it tells me that there's a problem with my credentials and gives the error code: 801540A9.

I researched the error online and most people who had the same error message had 2 factor authentication on their microsoft account and were trying to use their account password instead of the app password, but I got the error despite not having 2 factor
    enabled. So I decided to enable it and try to get a app password but I cant find the option to create one anywhere, whenever i go into basic security options, there isnt a "more settings/options" page where the app password is apparently located, I am on mobile
    however and that may be the issue but i dont think that would cause this.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

:)

Flame Pirate, Dec 4, 2020
  2. XBF Ezra G Win User

credentials error

Hi junim,

Thanks for your post. I understand you are experiencing an issue with logging into your Xbox 360 profile and receiving the error code:
    801540A9. Check out this page for steps on how to troubleshoot this issue: Error 801540A9.

Please keep us updated.
  3. UpriverSquid997 Win User

Is there a phone number I can call for help???

Every time I try to download my profile onto a new xbox 360 it tells me Sorry, Xbox live profiles can't be downloaded right now. Try again later. 801540A9. Tried to create profile with Xbox Live and it keeps saying this account is being used.
  4. T3chnlgydude Win User

801540a9

5. Jadenmcafee Win User

Xbox/red dead redemption

start the game then press the Menu and View buttons (the buttons either side of the Xbox button with 3 horizontal lines and 2 overlapping squares)

this should allow you to download your profile and sign in to your Xbox profile (it's the same profile for Xbox 360 and Xbox One)
    I get error code 801540A9 when i try to download my xbox one profile
  6. InfinityOnH1gh Win User

8015190a error is a Microsoft issue and not something the user should be expected to troubleshoot

1. This is an Xbox Series X console. The error happens when playing backwards compatible games. I had the same a similar problem in January of this year.

2. The console is not second hand. I'm the only user.

3. Yes, of course.

Under network settings, it says everything is fine. It's connected to the internet. It's connected to Xbox Live. NAT is open. When I play XSX or One games, there's no issue.

The problem is when connecting to Xbox Live through the 360 emulator. I got the error 8015190a. Support told me to delete the profile and clear the cache. Following that, whenever I boot a 360 game, it says "getting your Xbox 360 info". The loading bar does not move. After a couple of minutes, the screen fades to black and the game starts. Opening the guide shows that there's no profile. If I try to download a profile, it says "cannot connect to Xbox Live". There is no error code.

Some extra details:

In January I had the error 801540A9. This time the error was 8015190a. In both instances I was advised to clear the cache. In both instances, I was unable to redownload the profile (with some slight differences).

With the error 801540A9, I could at least access the sign in menu. I could enter my email and password, but the profile would fail to download.

With the error 8015190a, I am unable to enter my email and password.
Thema:

1. Unable to download profile onto my xbox 360, receives the 801540A9 error code. - Similar Threads - Unable download profile

2. Unable to download java.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to download java.: I bought Minecraft Java and Bedrock, I can play Bedrock but when I try and play Java it says buy now, when I click, it says already owned and it wont let me download it. Im 100% sure im on the...
  3. I entered a digital code on my pc to redeem the game but unable to download it on Xboxone...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I entered a digital code on my pc to redeem the game but unable to download it on Xboxone...: I purchased a digital code for Halo Infinity xbox from Ebay and entered a digital code on my pc to redeem the game under my Microsoft account. and my purchase history shows the code has been...
  4. Unable to download account to Xbox 360

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to download account to Xbox 360: [img] Hi! I keep getting the error code 8007274D. I tried all the solutions here:...
  5. Why am I unable to download a game that I have purchased?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I unable to download a game that I have purchased?: Hi. I had purchased Omori before it was removed from the Xbox store. Despite online searching say that I can still download and play it, I am unable to do so. It feels like robbing since I paid...
  6. Unable to MSFS digital ownership version in order history, can't re-download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to MSFS digital ownership version in order history, can't re-download: I purchased MSFS in DEC of 2022 and installed and played it for several months. I deleted it to clear up space. When I went to go back and install it from XBOX, I couldn't find my purchase. I...
  7. I am unable to download the Xbox app from the microsoft store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am unable to download the Xbox app from the microsoft store: As the question states i am unable to install the Xbox app from windows store. its just stuck at 0% and ive download the Xboxinstaller.exe from microsofts/xbox website and still no luck, I've...
  8. I am unable to download my Xbox one world to Bedrock. Who can help; how can I get this to work?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am unable to download my Xbox one world to Bedrock. Who can help; how can I get this to work?: I have been trying to transfer this world for years now and to no prevail. I have recently bought an Xbox Series X to try to help me with this issue… it didn’t help. My world will sync to bedrock...
  9. Why am i unable to download a game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am i unable to download a game?: Trying to redownload fortnite at the moment and it says i own the game despite it not being in my games and apps, then says i need to update the game (not optional) and then proceeds to tell me...
  10. Unable to download minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to download minecraft: when i try to download minecraft via Microsoft Store on my laptop, i just can't. it won't give an error or anything, it just waits a little and does nothing. the download button goes dark for a...