Unable to download games on Xbox app for PC.

Discus and support Unable to download games on Xbox app for PC. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I’m trying to installed owned games (as well as GamePass games) on my PC, and I’m unable to do so. When I try to install, I get a message that I need... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JeffZ74, Jan 27, 2023.

1. JeffZ74
    JeffZ74 Guest

I’m trying to installed owned games (as well as GamePass games) on my PC, and I’m unable to do so. When I try to install, I get a message that I need to download Gaming Services (which I already have installed).

What I’ve tried:

- Installing games through Microsoft Store app (nothing happens when I press Install button)

- Uninstalling & reinstalling gaming services

- Uninstalling & reinstalling Xbox app

- Uninstalling & reinstalling Microsoft Store

- Resetting both Xbox app and Microsoft Store through Windows app settings

- Completely resetting my PC (clearing all files)

Nothing works, still cant download games.

By the way, my internet works fine, I’m downloading and playing other games through Steam and Epic Games.

:)

JeffZ74, Jan 27, 2023
  2. Onyx Is Here Win User

XBOX Ultimate Game Pass Games not updating, and don´t launch.

Sorry to hear it. Please try using the Beta App to update the games if the Store app is not working. If you are unable to download the Beta App then make sure your PC is up to date with no pending updates
  3. JeffZ74 Win User

Hi Rostom,

Thank you for your reply, the issue has been resolved.

Jeff
  4. Rostom L Win User

Hi Jeffz74! I'm Rostom, an Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you here. Sorry to know about the issue.

Have you already checked for your Windows updates? Please try to get those optional updates as well.
  5. Vijay_Verma Win User

Unable to download on the Xbox PC app

Hi Feveroth01

Greetings! I am Vijay, an Independent Advisor. Please try these steps and check after each step.

1. If you are able to open MS Store, open MS Store > Click on your profile picture on top right and sign-out. Then sign-in again.

2. Try to reset Xbox app

Windows Key+i > Apps > Scroll down to this App > Click XBox App > Advanced options > Reset

3. Reset Microsoft Store through Command Prompt

Type cmd in Windows Search box > Right click on Command Prompt > Run As Administrator > Type WSreset.exe and click Enter > Reboot your computer

4. Run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter

Windows Key+X > Click Settings > Click Update & security > Click Troubleshoot > Scroll down to the bottom > Click Windows Store Apps > Click Run the Troubleshooter

5. Uninstall and Reinstall XBox app

A. Uninstall - Windows Key+X > Click Windows Powershell (Admin) > Copy the below and paste into Powershell and Enter

Get-AppxPackage *xbox* | Remove-AppxPackage

B. Reinstall

Windows Key+X > Click Windows Powershell (Admin) > Copy the below command and right click in Powershell to paste > Enter

Get-AppxPackage -allusers *xbox* | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

(If there is a problem in reinstall, you can always reinstall from MS Store -
    https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9MV0B...
    )

6. Uninstall & Reinstall Store

Windows Key+X > Windows Powershell (Admin) > Copy the following from below and right click in Powershell to paste > Enter

Get-AppxPackage -allusers *WindowsStore* | Remove-AppxPackage

Copy the following from below and right click in Powershell to paste > Enter > Reboot your computer

Get-AppxPackage -allusers *WindowsStore* | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}
  6. RussellHeath1 Win User

Xbox Game Pass PC error 0x8007001f when installing games

When downloading a game through xbox pc app beta, and it crashes, unable to resume, then relise it only downloads 1.6 gb of 75 but hard drive shows its used 75gb, the disc space becomes allocated already, unable to uninstall or remove As nothing is showed
    in the hard drive files. I.e programme files etc also not listed under programs to unistall. Joke
Thema:

1. Unable to download games on Xbox app for PC. - Similar Threads - Unable download games

2. I entered a digital code on my pc to redeem the game but unable to download it on Xboxone...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I entered a digital code on my pc to redeem the game but unable to download it on Xboxone...: I purchased a digital code for Halo Infinity xbox from Ebay and entered a digital code on my pc to redeem the game under my Microsoft account. and my purchase history shows the code has been...
  3. Why am I unable to download a game that I have purchased?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I unable to download a game that I have purchased?: Hi. I had purchased Omori before it was removed from the Xbox store. Despite online searching say that I can still download and play it, I am unable to do so. It feels like robbing since I paid...
  4. Why am i unable to download a game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am i unable to download a game?: Trying to redownload fortnite at the moment and it says i own the game despite it not being in my games and apps, then says i need to update the game (not optional) and then proceeds to tell me...
  5. Xbox gamepass on PC unable to install Starfield game after complete download error code...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox gamepass on PC unable to install Starfield game after complete download error code...: On PC with updated win11, nvidia drivers, Win Security is green. Xbox app installs game (Starfield) after downloading all 121GB, then it stops "Something unexpected happened" error code...
  6. I am unable to download gaming services and due to that I can not download gaming services...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am unable to download gaming services and due to that I can not download gaming services...: I've restarted and updated my computer and still no gaming services. I just get the "something happened on our end" error message. e9f63f7a-8781-439d-b975-3dba9a8a7320
  7. unable to download any game on xbox pc app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    unable to download any game on xbox pc app: When download starts the speed is around 15-18mb/s for 3-4sec after that it slowly drops to 0 and stays there I tried almost everything I could find online from resetting xbox app to network...
  8. Unable to download Starfield via Game Pass on Windows 11 Xbox App and Windows Store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to download Starfield via Game Pass on Windows 11 Xbox App and Windows Store: Hi. I bought game pass (not Ultimate) a few weeks ago, and hoped to be able to download Starfield ahead of its release on the 6th Sept (tomorrow). However, there seems to be a bug on my...
  9. Previous Xbox 360 purchase games from XBox One store unable to download on 360 from store...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Previous Xbox 360 purchase games from XBox One store unable to download on 360 from store...: I have previously purchase Xbox 360 games that I purchased on the Xbox One live store, that I am trying to download on my Xbox 360 and the Xbox 360 game store wants me to pay for them even though...
  10. Unable to download Forza Horizon 5 on PC from the Xbox Game App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to download Forza Horizon 5 on PC from the Xbox Game App: Forza horizon 5 on PC from the Xbox Game app won't install or run as Xbox gaining services needs to be installed. Everythime I try to install the gaming services it gets stuck in pending or...