unable to download games from xbox app. its asking to change location

Discus and support unable to download games from xbox app. its asking to change location in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; unable to download games from xbox app. its asking to change location 0128850e-3aa0-4243-aa23-9bfc33f645ee Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Dharmendra Kumar2, Mar 13, 2023.

1. unable to download games from xbox app. its asking to change location

:)

Dharmendra Kumar2, Mar 13, 2023
  2. Mr. Trust_A Win User

Hello Dharmendra Kumar2,

It's possible that the app is trying to download the game to a location on your computer that doesn't have enough space or isn't set up to store games. To fix this, you can try the following steps:

* Open the Xbox app and go to Settings.

* Click on "Storage" and check the location where the games are being downloaded to.

* If the location is full or not suitable for game downloads, click on "Change where new content is saved" and select a new location that has enough space for the game.

* Save the changes and try downloading the game again.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
  3. iTsFx Win User

Cannot change download drive with xbox gamepass

Hello, I'm Felipe and I'm an independent Community Advisor, and I'll do my best to help you.

To change the download folder for Xbox Game Pass on PC, you can follow these steps:

Open the Xbox app on your PC.

Click on the Settings icon in the bottom left corner of the app.

In the Settings menu, click on "Storage".

Under "Storage locations", click on "New".

Choose the drive and folder where you want to store your downloads, then click "Select Folder".

Click on "Apply" to save the changes.

After completing these steps, any future downloads from Xbox Game Pass will be saved to the new folder you selected. However, keep in mind that any games or apps that you have already downloaded will still be located in their original download location, so you may need to manually move them to the new location if you want to free up space on your C: drive.

If you are still unable to change the download folder for Xbox Game Pass, you may need to free up space on your C: drive by deleting unused files or uninstalling programs.
  4. Rostom L Win User

Xbox Rewards app asking for change of location

I understand and this is clearly not the situation I want you to be in. I know how frustrating this must be. I would feel the same way if I were on your situation. Unfortunately, it seems to be a server-side issue and as much as we would love to fix that here in the community, we can only do so much about it.

Our best option here is to report the issue or possible bug with their Rewards system. You may directly file a bug to Team Xbox by using the Report a problem app. Rest assured that they all review all our feedback or reports. Check your guide here https://support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/m....
  5. FatumBarba Win User

Thanks for that.

Id already gone though everything already suggested in the 100+ posts about this. Unfortunately, Just the same as everyone else with this issue, all the settings are correct. And the rewards section is displayed in Italian.

Doing some deeper reading, It seams the issue started at the same time as the roll out of Xbox rewards to Italy. !!!!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?
  6. Rostom L Win User

Hi there! I am sorry to hear about the issue.

I am afraid that we don't have here any official news or updates to confirm that as a known issue.

Have you instead check your account region and billing information if everything is set correctly via https://account.microsoft.com website?

If everything on your account is correct and you still keep getting issues with Microsoft Rewards, please submit a ticket directly to Microsoft Rewards team for them to properly investigate the issue. You may submit one through https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkID=823675

Thank you!
Thema:

1. unable to download games from xbox app. its asking to change location - Similar Threads - unable download games

2. I entered a digital code on my pc to redeem the game but unable to download it on Xboxone...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I entered a digital code on my pc to redeem the game but unable to download it on Xboxone...: I purchased a digital code for Halo Infinity xbox from Ebay and entered a digital code on my pc to redeem the game under my Microsoft account. and my purchase history shows the code has been...
  3. Why am I unable to download a game that I have purchased?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I unable to download a game that I have purchased?: Hi. I had purchased Omori before it was removed from the Xbox store. Despite online searching say that I can still download and play it, I am unable to do so. It feels like robbing since I paid...
  4. Why am i unable to download a game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am i unable to download a game?: Trying to redownload fortnite at the moment and it says i own the game despite it not being in my games and apps, then says i need to update the game (not optional) and then proceeds to tell me...
  5. Xbox gamepass on PC unable to install Starfield game after complete download error code...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox gamepass on PC unable to install Starfield game after complete download error code...: On PC with updated win11, nvidia drivers, Win Security is green. Xbox app installs game (Starfield) after downloading all 121GB, then it stops "Something unexpected happened" error code...
  6. I am unable to download gaming services and due to that I can not download gaming services...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am unable to download gaming services and due to that I can not download gaming services...: I've restarted and updated my computer and still no gaming services. I just get the "something happened on our end" error message. e9f63f7a-8781-439d-b975-3dba9a8a7320
  7. unable to download any game on xbox pc app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    unable to download any game on xbox pc app: When download starts the speed is around 15-18mb/s for 3-4sec after that it slowly drops to 0 and stays there I tried almost everything I could find online from resetting xbox app to network...
  8. Unable to download Starfield via Game Pass on Windows 11 Xbox App and Windows Store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to download Starfield via Game Pass on Windows 11 Xbox App and Windows Store: Hi. I bought game pass (not Ultimate) a few weeks ago, and hoped to be able to download Starfield ahead of its release on the 6th Sept (tomorrow). However, there seems to be a bug on my...
  9. Previous Xbox 360 purchase games from XBox One store unable to download on 360 from store...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Previous Xbox 360 purchase games from XBox One store unable to download on 360 from store...: I have previously purchase Xbox 360 games that I purchased on the Xbox One live store, that I am trying to download on my Xbox 360 and the Xbox 360 game store wants me to pay for them even though...
  10. Unable to download Forza Horizon 5 on PC from the Xbox Game App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to download Forza Horizon 5 on PC from the Xbox Game App: Forza horizon 5 on PC from the Xbox Game app won't install or run as Xbox gaining services needs to be installed. Everythime I try to install the gaming services it gets stuck in pending or...