Unable to download any games on gamepass PC

Discus and support Unable to download any games on gamepass PC in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have been trying to download persona 3 and 4 but It won't let me, at first the error was it saying "pick a location in your C drive to download to"... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AS077, Mar 25, 2023.

1. AS077
    AS077 Guest

I have been trying to download persona 3 and 4 but It won't let me, at first the error was it saying "pick a location in your C drive to download to" but no matter what folder I picked it would tell me "Unable to use that folder" so I deleted the Xbox app and redownloaded it the day after, Now the download button isn't even pressable saying "gaming services must be downloaded" and it has been over 2 hours of the same "downloading gaming services" message with no progress

:)

AS077, Mar 25, 2023
  2. Kimmy_24 Win User

Hi AS077, I'm Kim, an Independent Advisor and I’m happy to help you today.

Have you checked if you can install your games via MS store app?

You can also try reinstalling the gaming services. Kindly check if you have any pending updates using this link https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo... or select Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update , and then select Check for updates.

If there's nothing pending, kindly right-click the Start button on your taskbar, and then select Windows Terminal (Admin). In the Administrator: Windows PowerShell screen, type the following command and press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage

restart your PC then try again.
  3. Kimmy_24 Win User

Hi, AS07! Kindly proceed to the next steps please. Kindly check if you have any pending updates using this link https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo... or select Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update , and then select Check for updates.

If there's nothing pending, kindly right-click the Start button on your taskbar, and then select Windows Terminal (Admin). In the Administrator: Windows PowerShell screen, type the following command and press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage

Restart your PC then try again.
  4. AS077 Win User

Thank you, I tried to download the game via the MS store and I was able to begin the download, however its been stuck on 1% for over 30mins
  5. pwyyy Win User

Error code 0x8007023e

Thanks for letting me know! I don't buy any digital games on the Xbox, only Gamepass so I cant tell :)

I hope they fixed it soon...

Gamepass games on PC and XBox Series X are still unable to launch.
  6. Tezzerrific Win User

I paid for Xbox game pass for the pc but didn't get it.

download the xbox app and sign in with your account that has gamepass pc, then download the games from gamepass pc.
Thema:

1. Unable to download any games on gamepass PC - Similar Threads - Unable download games

2. I entered a digital code on my pc to redeem the game but unable to download it on Xboxone...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I entered a digital code on my pc to redeem the game but unable to download it on Xboxone...: I purchased a digital code for Halo Infinity xbox from Ebay and entered a digital code on my pc to redeem the game under my Microsoft account. and my purchase history shows the code has been...
  3. Why am I unable to download a game that I have purchased?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I unable to download a game that I have purchased?: Hi. I had purchased Omori before it was removed from the Xbox store. Despite online searching say that I can still download and play it, I am unable to do so. It feels like robbing since I paid...
  4. Why am i unable to download a game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am i unable to download a game?: Trying to redownload fortnite at the moment and it says i own the game despite it not being in my games and apps, then says i need to update the game (not optional) and then proceeds to tell me...
  5. Xbox gamepass on PC unable to install Starfield game after complete download error code...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox gamepass on PC unable to install Starfield game after complete download error code...: On PC with updated win11, nvidia drivers, Win Security is green. Xbox app installs game (Starfield) after downloading all 121GB, then it stops "Something unexpected happened" error code...
  6. I am unable to download gaming services and due to that I can not download gaming services...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am unable to download gaming services and due to that I can not download gaming services...: I've restarted and updated my computer and still no gaming services. I just get the "something happened on our end" error message. e9f63f7a-8781-439d-b975-3dba9a8a7320
  7. unable to download any game on xbox pc app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    unable to download any game on xbox pc app: When download starts the speed is around 15-18mb/s for 3-4sec after that it slowly drops to 0 and stays there I tried almost everything I could find online from resetting xbox app to network...
  8. Unable to download Starfield via Game Pass on Windows 11 Xbox App and Windows Store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to download Starfield via Game Pass on Windows 11 Xbox App and Windows Store: Hi. I bought game pass (not Ultimate) a few weeks ago, and hoped to be able to download Starfield ahead of its release on the 6th Sept (tomorrow). However, there seems to be a bug on my...
  9. Previous Xbox 360 purchase games from XBox One store unable to download on 360 from store...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Previous Xbox 360 purchase games from XBox One store unable to download on 360 from store...: I have previously purchase Xbox 360 games that I purchased on the Xbox One live store, that I am trying to download on my Xbox 360 and the Xbox 360 game store wants me to pay for them even though...
  10. Unable to download Forza Horizon 5 on PC from the Xbox Game App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to download Forza Horizon 5 on PC from the Xbox Game App: Forza horizon 5 on PC from the Xbox Game app won't install or run as Xbox gaining services needs to be installed. Everythime I try to install the gaming services it gets stuck in pending or...