Unable to do system update for XBOX 360

Discus and support Unable to do system update for XBOX 360 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently tried to play a game that uses the Kinect. When I turned the console on it tells me that it needs a system update in order to use the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Rhaw1, Dec 31, 2013.

1. Rhaw1
    Rhaw1 Guest

I recently tried to play a game that uses the Kinect. When I turned the console on it tells me that it needs a system update in order to use the kinect. I went on the xbox website and downloaded the updates to a CD as well as a USB device I tried to do the
    update by using both methods but I'm still getting the error message stating that it needs to be updated. Im unsure why its asking me to update to use the connect when I'm not using the console along with xbox live nor by an actual network. Unclear as to why
    it won't update. This is the second time I've had this issue. A few weeks ago i received the same error message, did the same process as i did today but that time it actually worked. Now again its asking me to update again for the second time but it does not
    work. CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THIS ONE. THANKS!!

:)

Rhaw1, Dec 31, 2013
  2. danidavis527
    danidavis527 Guest
    C000-0034

Anyone know what you need to do when you turn on the Xbox 360 and get the System Update Stopped message? I am unable to do anything after that.

danidavis527, Dec 31, 2013
  3. Ad Shady
    Ad Shady Guest
    Unable to see Beta forum.

Unable to see the private forum (I have some feedback to give) having had the new beta channel for a while.

Making a new post here as advised to do in the 360 beta faq, support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-360/system-updates/xbox-360-beta-faq

Ad Shady, Dec 31, 2013
  4. rodrocket1
    rodrocket1 Guest

I am having the same trouble. I have gone down the same trail. Really not fun.

rodrocket1, Jan 1, 2014
  5. Eddie Lynn
    Eddie Lynn Guest
    Hi, If I understand correctly you are using the console offline only?

Eddie Lynn, Jan 1, 2014
  6. Rhaw1
    Rhaw1 Guest
    Hello HaloDevil01 yes I'm using the console offline only

Rhaw1, Jan 1, 2014
  7. Eddie Lynn
    Eddie Lynn Guest
    If you have a connection you could use I would recommend trying to update using live or a CD/DVD since the issue would appear to be it will not accept the update via USB.

Please let me know if this was a help. Thanks

Eddie Lynn, Jan 1, 2014
  8. Unable to do system update for XBOX 360

It is asking me to do a security update I tried connecting to internet it connected but refusing to connect to xbox live I then tried to do update using usb drive It is giving error status code 3cd6-417f-1600-267f-c000-0185 if I reject then it is giving
    solid red light

BitterBowl72707, Dec 6, 2014
  9. not getting any help from the microsoft. 2 times did chat. no use. this is so dumb.

BitterBowl72707, Dec 6, 2014
  10. FearedNightmare, Oct 31, 2018
  11. Eddie Lynn Win User

If you have a connection you could use I would recommend trying to update using live or a CD/DVD since the issue would appear to be it will not accept the update via USB.

Please let me know if this was a help. Thanks
  12. Rhaw1 Win User

Hello HaloDevil01 yes I'm using the console offline only
  13. FearedNightmare Win User

14. BitterBowl72707 Win User

It is asking me to do a security update I tried connecting to internet it connected but refusing to connect to xbox live I then tried to do update using usb drive It is giving error status code 3cd6-417f-1600-267f-c000-0185 if I reject then it is giving
    solid red light
  15. Eddie Lynn Win User

Hi, If I understand correctly you are using the console offline only?
Thema:

1. Unable to do system update for XBOX 360 - Similar Threads - Unable system update

2. Xbox 360 unable to connect to live on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 unable to connect to live on Xbox Series X: All of the sudden I am unable to connect to Xbox live on reverse compatability games for the Xbox 360 on the Xbox Series X despite being online on the Xbox Series X, hard-wired, with an open NAT...
  3. Unable to install Minecraft Launcher

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to install Minecraft Launcher: I tried to install the new 1.20.5 version of Minecraft and it kept crashing, so I uninstalled the launcher and now trying to re-install it won't work. I've: 1. Restarted my PC several times 2....
  4. Xbox one unable to turn my roku tv off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one unable to turn my roku tv off: So ive recently switched tvs and i usually have my xbox turn the tv on and off because it saves me time and focus and the roku tv does not respond to the inputs, so i was wondering if its possible...
  5. Xbox Series X Error 8015190E - Unable to sign into Xbox live backwards compatible 360 games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Error 8015190E - Unable to sign into Xbox live backwards compatible 360 games: I've been getting a 8015190E error code within the past week when attempting to sign into a 360 backwards compatible game on my xbox series X. I attempted hard reseting my Xbox, changing my DNS...
  6. I am unable to load into Fortnite yet have full connectivity from Wifi.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am unable to load into Fortnite yet have full connectivity from Wifi.: I have been trying to load into fortnite for over an hour. I appear to be having an issie with my wifi yet my xbox states all tests are able to be passed, connection tests, internet speed tests,...
  7. Xbox series X Unable to record gameplay since April 13 update

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series X Unable to record gameplay since April 13 update: I regularly record my gameplay for Youtube purposes, but since the weekend of April 13th i am no longer able to record gameplay. I can record 1 or 2x but after that the recording will instantly...
  8. Since the update on April 10th/11th, unable to record any game clips

in XBoX on Consoles
    Since the update on April 10th/11th, unable to record any game clips: Hi, Since update 10.0.25398.4086 (xb_flt_2404zn.240402-1830), my Xbox One is not able to record anything. [Description of how it looks] When I try to record, sometimes I get a pop up saying...
  9. Unable to reach representatives... phone system broken

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to reach representatives... phone system broken: I am blocked from 'requesting callback' after 3 times today. First time I called in I spoke with rep and then supervisor about my warranty issue. They recommended I try something and that they...
  10. Unable to launch game with gamepass. How to fix System error -2015294512

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to launch game with gamepass. How to fix System error -2015294512: Hello, My game pass is ending tomorrow and I was wondering if it was a good thing to renew it since I'm not able to launch a game anymore. Whatever what the game is, I get this error : System...