Unable to disable sound via HDMI Output in Volume and audio output

Discus and support Unable to disable sound via HDMI Output in Volume and audio output in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; So after sending my Xbox Series X off for a warrenty repair, per the first person I talked too, my Xbox One S started having the same issue, so I... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/baseballjustin5, Oct 5, 2021.

1. Unable to disable sound via HDMI Output in Volume and audio output

So after sending my Xbox Series X off for a warrenty repair, per the first person I talked too, my Xbox One S started having the same issue, so I messaged support again, and after a few troubleshooting steps he suggesting leaving the Insider Branch on the One S, and that seems to have fixed the problem. Now I just got my Series X back, and the same error is happening.

I'm an Xbox Insider Alpha Branch, and when I go to turn HDMI Audio to off, it gives me an error saying;

"Check your audio receiver. There was a problem using this setting. Make sure your audio receiver supports it. Also, make sure to choose at least one audio setting. Both can't be off. (0x80bd0009)"

This is the same error code I got on both. The second person gave me a work around, which didn't work on my Series X, but I just wanted to let yall know that it's happening to me even after receiving my Series X, after sending it for a "warranty repair"

I left the Insider Program on my One S and it seems to have fixed itself, but still having the issue after leaving the Insider Program on my Series X

submitted by /u/baseballjustin5
    [link] [comments]

/u/baseballjustin5, Oct 5, 2021
  2. Danno McK. Win User

Using SPDIF and HDMI Simultaneously

[quote user="Atropos0"]I'm trying to set up my Xbox to use HDMI and SPDIF at the same time. I don't want the audio to output through the HDMI, because then it just uses the monitor speakers. Is there any way to output audio through SPDIF while using HDMI?[/quote]

Turn the volume on the monitor to 0, as I do with my TV if I'm using the optical audio being output to my receiver. You can't disable the HDMI audio.
  3. shadow walkerOZ Win User

Xbox one - 5.1 via ARC/HDMI?

Have you gone into the audio settings on the xbox one and set it to output 5.1 via HDMI?

Unless this is set, it will only output stereo sound.
  4. Silas Poliah Win User

No audio via HDMI, tried multiple cables, ports and Tv's.

Hi Crozier,

This current tv (Sharp Aquos), seems to selectively disables the sound output to the optical link, when the audio mode is set to 'variable'.

The Variable setting turns off the TV's speakers and enables the optical audio output. I use this setting for cable, Blu-ray & media pc all via HDMI.

The 'Fixed' setting disables optical output and just plays though the TV speakers. Xbox sounds are audible in this setting, but just not though my home theatre.

Perhaps the TV is managing the audio pass-though on some condition that's being met or the Xbox is disabling audio over HDMI for the same reason.

I'm trying to figure out how to manipulate these conditions using cables or a HDMI switch device between the sources and the TV, that has an optical out on it.

Let me know your thoughts - Ill post a solution as soon as apparent.

S
  5. Paraffin Alien Win User

I have video but no sound

Have you checked the audio output settings on the console?

Go to settings,

select Display & Sound

select Audio Output

and there you will see a choice of either HDMI audio or optical audio.

Check to make sure HDMI audio is selected

As if it`s set to optical you will not get an audio output through the HDMI cable.
  6. Sodangidni Win User

Dear Someone! I have no sound in Forza MS 8/X box series X, but every other game has....what could be the prbl! Thanks for the answers!

Hello, Viktor S. I'm Arturo, and I'll be glad to provide assistance with your inquiry today.

Could you try changing the sound output option you have selected on your Xbox?

You can do this by opening Settings > General > Volume & audio output.

In the HDMI audio output option, please change it temporarily and select another one.
    For example, if Dolby Digital is selected, change it to Stereo uncompressed.
    Then restart your console and verify if you have sound in Forza Motorsport.

Note: Make sure to test the sound with every HDMI audio output option available.

I'll look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Arturo.
Thema:

Unable to disable sound via HDMI Output in Volume and audio output

1. Unable to disable sound via HDMI Output in Volume and audio output - Similar Threads - Unable disable sound

2. Unable to install Minecraft Launcher

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to install Minecraft Launcher: I tried to install the new 1.20.5 version of Minecraft and it kept crashing, so I uninstalled the launcher and now trying to re-install it won't work. I've: 1. Restarted my PC several times 2....
  3. Xbox one unable to turn my roku tv off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one unable to turn my roku tv off: So ive recently switched tvs and i usually have my xbox turn the tv on and off because it saves me time and focus and the roku tv does not respond to the inputs, so i was wondering if its possible...
  4. Xbox Series X Error 8015190E - Unable to sign into Xbox live backwards compatible 360 games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Error 8015190E - Unable to sign into Xbox live backwards compatible 360 games: I've been getting a 8015190E error code within the past week when attempting to sign into a 360 backwards compatible game on my xbox series X. I attempted hard reseting my Xbox, changing my DNS...
  5. I am unable to load into Fortnite yet have full connectivity from Wifi.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am unable to load into Fortnite yet have full connectivity from Wifi.: I have been trying to load into fortnite for over an hour. I appear to be having an issie with my wifi yet my xbox states all tests are able to be passed, connection tests, internet speed tests,...
  6. Xbox series X Unable to record gameplay since April 13 update

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series X Unable to record gameplay since April 13 update: I regularly record my gameplay for Youtube purposes, but since the weekend of April 13th i am no longer able to record gameplay. I can record 1 or 2x but after that the recording will instantly...
  7. Since the update on April 10th/11th, unable to record any game clips

in XBoX on Consoles
    Since the update on April 10th/11th, unable to record any game clips: Hi, Since update 10.0.25398.4086 (xb_flt_2404zn.240402-1830), my Xbox One is not able to record anything. [Description of how it looks] When I try to record, sometimes I get a pop up saying...
  8. Unable to connect to Xbox live through backwards compatibility.

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to connect to Xbox live through backwards compatibility.: As the title reads, I’m unable to connect to Xbox live through backwards compatibility through Xbox 360. The issue started yesterday and I just thought the servers were down but it turns out it...
  9. Unable to start Xbox app on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to start Xbox app on PC: Greetings! Since roughly 2 weeks ago I am unable to start the Xbox PC app and thus unable to access any games through my gamepass. The problem shown is the following: Upon starting up the Xbox...
  10. On the Xbox app I have this error "0x80070426" which makes it unable for me to update the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    On the Xbox app I have this error "0x80070426" which makes it unable for me to update the...: [img] I have tried reinstalling the Xbox app, Gaming services and even the Microsoft Store. The only windows update I need is the 2024-01 Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based...