Unable to connect to party chat at all on Xbox One. NAT type always strict and "Can't ...

Discus and support Unable to connect to party chat at all on Xbox One. NAT type always strict and "Can't ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I could really use some help getting multiplayer working on my Xbox One before I give up and switch to PS4. Whenever I join party chat with my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TO0ms, Jul 2, 2015.

1. TO0ms
    TO0ms Guest

Unable to connect to party chat at all on Xbox One. NAT type always strict and "Can't ...

Hello,

I could really use some help getting multiplayer working on my Xbox One before I give up and switch to PS4. Whenever I join party chat with my friends, it fails to join the party. I feel like I've tried everything aside from buying a new router or Xbox and
    those aren't really options. No matter what I do, the NAT type remains STRICT and testing the multiplayer connection fails with "Can't get a Teredo IP address".

What Country/State/Province do you live in? California

Modem brand & model number: Motorola SB6141

Router brand & model number: Netgear Nighthawk x6 AC3200 (Model R8000)

How many Xbox 360 and Xbox One consoles are connected to this router?: 1 Xbox One

Wired or Wireless (for each console): I have tried both, currently wireless.

Things you have tried: UPnP enable/disable, moved Xbox One to DMZ with UPnP off, tried port forwarding the appropriate ports to a reserved IP for the Xbox One with UPnP and DMZ disabled. IPv6 enabled/disabled. DoS Attack Protection disabled and IPSec
    Passthrough
    enabled. Tried both Netgear and DD-WRT firmware.

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/No/Unknown: Fails either way

Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT type?:

'Can't get a Teredo IP address' error when testing multiplayer connection. Detailed info says 'your network is behind a firewall or not connected'.

Any Error Codes you encounter: Status code 0x40002000064

Who is your ISP? (Internet Service Provider): Cox Communications (Orange County)

:)

TO0ms, Jul 2, 2015
  2. "Can't get Teredo IP" error won't resolve

Malacath, I connected straight to my university network via ethernet and I am still getting a strict NAT type with Teredo error when testing multiplayer connection. I had previously contacted IT at my school, and they unblocked all firewalls for my IP address
    already...

PremiumTiger307, Jul 2, 2015
  3. HtownOSO
    HtownOSO Guest
    Could my router be the cause of my party chat problems?

I just finished upgrading the firmware to my router, going through the options I still didn't see anything related to ipv6 or teredo tunneling. I reset the router and made sure that UPnP was turned on. I also went to my xbox one and cleared the alternate
    mac address and cleared it. The nat type is still strict and when attempting the test multiplayer connection option I still get the can't get a teredo ip address. Upon joining a party i'm still unable to join the party chat, I receive the message "Due to limitations,
    you can't join party chat right now. (0x807d0106)"

HtownOSO, Jul 2, 2015
  4. TO0ms
    TO0ms Guest

I also have tried resetting the router to factory default settings, but to no effect.

TO0ms, Jul 2, 2015
  5. PureStevenL
    PureStevenL Guest
    Have you ever had a 360 before if so was it strict nat as well or open?

PureStevenL, Jul 3, 2015
  6. TO0ms
    TO0ms Guest
    I had a 360 before the Xbox One and it was Nat type Moderate.

TO0ms, Jul 3, 2015
  7. PureStevenL
    PureStevenL Guest
    Ok one thing for sure don't ever use DMZ as it opens you up for hacking very easy by opening every port up. Have you try to change your dns settings ?

PureStevenL, Jul 3, 2015
  8. TO0ms
    TO0ms Guest

Yes, I've changed the DNS settings from automatic to manual on the Xbox One and entered the addresses. I also ran namebench to find faster DNS servers and tried those on the Xbox One. It didn't fix the problem.

TO0ms, Jul 3, 2015
  9. PureStevenL
    PureStevenL Guest
    what ports have you tried to forward?

PureStevenL, Jul 3, 2015
  10. TO0ms
    TO0ms Guest
  11. PureStevenL
    PureStevenL Guest
    ok. are you sure you port forwarding not using port triggers? Or range forwarding?

PureStevenL, Jul 3, 2015
  12. TO0ms
    TO0ms Guest
    Yes, I'm using port forwarding.

TO0ms, Jul 3, 2015
  13. PureStevenL
    PureStevenL Guest

Can you do a speed test? you can use speedtest.net

PureStevenL, Jul 3, 2015
  14. TO0ms
    TO0ms Guest
    181.84 Mbps down, 23.20 Mbps up

TO0ms, Jul 3, 2015
  15. PureStevenL
    PureStevenL Guest
    can you do a detail network test on the xbox one and tell me the mtu and ping

PureStevenL, Jul 3, 2015
Thema:

1. Unable to connect to party chat at all on Xbox One. NAT type always strict and "Can't ... - Similar Threads - Unable connect party

2. Xbox 360 unable to connect to live on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 unable to connect to live on Xbox Series X: All of the sudden I am unable to connect to Xbox live on reverse compatability games for the Xbox 360 on the Xbox Series X despite being online on the Xbox Series X, hard-wired, with an open NAT...
  3. I am unable to load into Fortnite yet have full connectivity from Wifi.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am unable to load into Fortnite yet have full connectivity from Wifi.: I have been trying to load into fortnite for over an hour. I appear to be having an issie with my wifi yet my xbox states all tests are able to be passed, connection tests, internet speed tests,...
  4. Unable to connect to Xbox live through backwards compatibility.

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to connect to Xbox live through backwards compatibility.: As the title reads, I’m unable to connect to Xbox live through backwards compatibility through Xbox 360. The issue started yesterday and I just thought the servers were down but it turns out it...
  5. Xbox unable to connect to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox unable to connect to internet: I have a xbox 360 with me and I have been trying to connect to xbox live for past couple of months but have failed miserably. It is showing ICMP error each time I try and connect and have no clue...
  6. Unabl to connect withe the showr

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unabl to connect withe the showr: I am connected think internet but I can't connect to Xbox Live a4ab5347-082b-4647-98f3-18bb62387b21
  7. Xbox series s unable to connect to xbox network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s unable to connect to xbox network: Logged off the console last night everything was fine. This morning its unable to connect to the network. Tried doing a console reset (power cycle) and then tried a reboot. Now it wont load up as...
  8. Unable to Connect with Xbox Support Over the Last 6 months

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to Connect with Xbox Support Over the Last 6 months: Hi Everyone, About 6 months back I bought an Xbox Series X controller from a vendor and the warranty information was incorrect when I registered my device with my account. Have been trying to get...
  9. unable to connect to parties on game bar

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    unable to connect to parties on game bar: hi all for the past few days i have been unable to join parties on xbox game bar i have tried several solutions which are a follows 1. i have repaired the app in windows setting 2. i have reset...
  10. Unable to connect to parties on ios Xbox app on Wi-Fi, but works on LTE.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Unable to connect to parties on ios Xbox app on Wi-Fi, but works on LTE.: I am having an odd issue where I am unable to connect to anyone’s parties including my own on my iPhone SE 2 while on my Wi-Fi connection, but when I turn off WI-FI and use my cellular connection,...