Unable to Change Purchase Settings (Account is somehow both a Child & Organizer)

Discus and support Unable to Change Purchase Settings (Account is somehow both a Child & Organizer) in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi, recently I partook in the Minecraft migration, and was not-so-pleasantly surprised upon seeing that I basically had just deleted any and all access... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by kazooVEVO, Mar 2, 2022.

1. kazooVEVO
    kazooVEVO Guest

Unable to Change Purchase Settings (Account is somehow both a Child & Organizer)

Hi, recently I partook in the Minecraft migration, and was not-so-pleasantly surprised upon seeing that I basically had just deleted any and all access to Minecraft without simply purchasing the game. Mind you, I received Minecraft when it didn't cost money, so to then be turned around on and told to fork over 26$ is, while annoying, not exactly a roadblock...

... Is what I would say, if the website actually let me download it. See, upon going to actually purchase the game it said I needed to get approval to actually purchase the game. While I grew slightly more annoyed, I simply picked myself up and tried to figure out how in god's name I was going to approve of my own purchase, before quickly realizing that I couldn't. For whatever reason, despite being the only member of the "family" and the account linked to Minecraft literally being an Organizer, I for some reason couldn't find any sort of way to actually turn off the setting, whether it be registering under a separate instance and doing it like that, or trying several different workarounds in order to get it done, not a single thing would allow me to complete the most unnecessary, frustrating, and scummy purchase that was a block game.

What am I even supposed to do about this?

:)

kazooVEVO, Mar 2, 2022
  2. kazooVEVO Win User

Hi Drew. No, not a single one of your methods worked. Lo and behold, because you didn't read the actual problem I was having, you haven't given me any feasible solution.

• I can't change the settings there, as my account is listed as a child account.
    • I didn't receive any error codes because for some reason, having only one person in a family be both the organizer and a child is a normal thing for the system.
    • I can't leave the family group in any way, shape, or form because I am the only member, and for some reason this is a mandatory thing.
    I think at this point, the only other solution I can see is having to physically change the state of the account so that it isn't 2 values at once which is what's causing this, or allow organizers to change their own settings, because they for some reason can't.
  3. XBF - Drew Win User

Hi kazooVEVO,

Thanks for posting on the Xbox Forums. If you don't mind answering some questions, it can greatly help with providing troubleshooting steps:

• Have you already been to xbox.com/privacy and changed the settings there?
    • Did you receive any error codes?
    • Did you try removing the family group? This article discusses how to leave the family group or remove members.
    In addition, the Xbox support articles for managing the Xbox Family settings application and managing a member's safety settings in minecraft can help with troubleshooting.

Please let us know if you find any of these resources helpful.

Best regards,

XBF Drew
  4. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Cant purchase Game Pass Ultimate, keeps taking me to Family Safety page?!

Hi Evopwr! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Being the organizer of a Microsoft family doesn't change the child status of the account, the family organizer needs to be an adult account the child account must be added as a child account thst will allow the adult account to manage this settings
  5. Tomm_A Win User

My dad is getting some of my microsoft emails. How do I remove that email because he is soon going to lose access to it.

Hello grant tyler,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Based on the description, your purchase has been managed by your parent or organizer under Xbox Family Setting app allowing the notification send to the email account of the organizer. Let us check and see on what we can do to help address your concern in a timely manner.

The reason why an email is sent to the organizer's Microsoft account it is because your purchase is managed by your parent under Xbox Family Settings app. This is how it was setup by the organizer of Xbox Family Settings app. It is only the parent and organizer can make any changes on the account settings. By default, a child account is set to require an adult's approval before a child can make a purchase through their account. See the link below:

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

6. kidshunter Win User

Limit screen time on organizer account

I have the same question and understand that I can not set limits on the organizer. So is there a way to change the organizer of the account to a member so my child will not loose his games/friends?
Thema:

1. Unable to Change Purchase Settings (Account is somehow both a Child & Organizer) - Similar Threads - Unable Change Purchase

2. My home xbox - Unable to save changes

in XBoX Accessibility
    My home xbox - Unable to save changes: hello I cant set my account "HOME" When 'set this console as home Xbox' it says that it is Unable to save changes I have 5/5 SWITCH LEFT, this is first time use my account on new XBOX SERIE X and...
  3. home Xbox' it says that it is Unable to save changes

in XBoX Accessibility
    home Xbox' it says that it is Unable to save changes: hello I cant set my account "HOME" When 'set this console as home Xbox' it says that it is Unable to save changes I have 5/5 SWITCH LEFT, this is first time use my account on new XBOX SERIE X and...
  4. Unable to change/edit privacy settings

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to change/edit privacy settings: I have been trying to change my privacy settings as i am attempting to use a client for Minecraft. But the system detects that i am using a child account and redirects me to the page stating that...
  5. Unable to change profile name on Minecraft Java edition

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to change profile name on Minecraft Java edition: I am writing to request assistance with a username change on my Minecraft Java account. Currently, my username is 'focusngl,' and I would like to change it to '.' However, during the change...
  6. unable to change xbox privacy settings

in XBoX Accessibility
    unable to change xbox privacy settings: Starting from https://account.microsoft.com/privacy?fref=home.drawers.privacy.privacy-dashboard&refd=account.microsoft.com on the "Privacy settings in our products" section clicking on the Xbox...
  7. MY HOME XBOX - Unable to save changes

in XBoX Accessibility
    MY HOME XBOX - Unable to save changes: hello I cant set my account "HOME" When 'set this console as home Xbox' it says that it is Unable to save changes I have 5/5 SWITCH LEFT, this is first time use my account on new XBOX SERIE X...
  8. Unable to purchase gift, attempted to change account!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to purchase gift, attempted to change account!: Reminder: Contact us at Microsoft support We' re having trouble processing your payment and we'd like to get it sorted out. f2979b08-6748-4c2b-bc48-45b8bd74a1e1
  9. Unable to get free Gamertag change

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to get free Gamertag change: Was told that “I updated my gamer tag” from 15 years ago. 15years that went unused by the way and that was where I used my 1 free gamer tag change. Although my old tag was not mentioned during...
  10. Unable to change Gamertag for free for the first time.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to change Gamertag for free for the first time.: Hello I’m trying to change my gamertag for the first time, apparently you can do this once for free. When I select my new name and confirm that I am told it’ll cost me £7.99 Not sure why, I’ve...