Unable to change Privacy & online safety settings to ALLOW in familty account

Discus and support Unable to change Privacy & online safety settings to ALLOW in familty account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I am the administrator for the family account and need to change some of the Privacy & online safety settings for my son's account. I have changed the... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by cromwell.4, Jan 11, 2021.

1. cromwell.4
    cromwell.4 Guest

I am the administrator for the family account and need to change some of the Privacy & online safety settings for my son's account.

I have changed the following to ALLOW for his profile. The settings keep reverting back to BLOCK when I click on submit.

Category: Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety

• Broadcast gameplay
    • Share content made using Kinect
    • Share outside of Xbox Live

Any idea why this is happening?

Thanks,

Claire

:)

cromwell.4, Jan 11, 2021
  2. I am JeffRay90 Win User

I've encountered a glitch

Hello BEACH BBQ.

If an adult (Parental) account is associated with your safety and privacy settings then you are unable to change those settings.

For more information please read

Xbox online safety and privacy settings
  3. Loraine Mon Win User

Can't sign into any games e.g Asphalt 8 Airborne

Hi,

Being unable to sign in to your Xbox profile may be due to various reasons. It is possible that the privacy and online safety settings on your account are incorrectly set up.

To update or change your Online safety and privacy settings, click on this
    link
    and follow the steps. Make sure that you enable the settings to allow your account to play online.

If you need further assistance, feel free to post your concerns here anytime.
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

Forza Horizon Control parental

Hi Sergio,

Some features in games have age restrictions and if it's not allowing you to use those features, then it's possible the account is listed as a child account based on the age used during account creation. Check your Xbox Live online privacy on your Xbox One
    or Xbox.com. From the Xbox, go to Settings>Account>Privacy & online safety>Xbox Live privacy, and if allows you to change your privacy settings, then it is an adult account and there is a bug with the game. If it does not allow you to change any of your privacy
    settings and asks for an adult account to sign in to makes changes then you have a child account and will need a parent account to allow these features in game.

Here is an article on Xbox online safety:
    https://privacy.microsoft.com/xbox-one-privacy-and-online-safety
  5. NeoDan123 Win User

Unable to Connect to World Minecraft Xbox One

Your Online Safety and privacy settings should be set to allow multiplayer. If it is a child account then you will need the parent account to change the settings.
  6. XBF Leslie D Win User

Minecraft

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to us today. I'm sorry to hear about the current issue adding friends on Minecraft. Are you unable to add friends through any other game? Since it mentions that it won't allow you due to the Xbox Live account settings I would like
    to clarify, is your account a child or adult account? If you want to manage your child's privacy settings, see
    How a parent can change the privacy and online safety settings for a child account.

If you’re having trouble managing your privacy and online safety settings on your console,
    sign in with your Microsoft account and click
    Xbox One Online Safety to review and change your settings online.

For more information check out our article
    'Xbox One online safety and privacy settings for parents and kids'
Thema:

1. Unable to change Privacy & online safety settings to ALLOW in familty account - Similar Threads - Unable change Privacy

2. My home xbox - Unable to save changes

in XBoX Accessibility
    My home xbox - Unable to save changes: hello I cant set my account "HOME" When 'set this console as home Xbox' it says that it is Unable to save changes I have 5/5 SWITCH LEFT, this is first time use my account on new XBOX SERIE X and...
  3. home Xbox' it says that it is Unable to save changes

in XBoX Accessibility
    home Xbox' it says that it is Unable to save changes: hello I cant set my account "HOME" When 'set this console as home Xbox' it says that it is Unable to save changes I have 5/5 SWITCH LEFT, this is first time use my account on new XBOX SERIE X and...
  4. Unable to change/edit privacy settings

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to change/edit privacy settings: I have been trying to change my privacy settings as i am attempting to use a client for Minecraft. But the system detects that i am using a child account and redirects me to the page stating that...
  5. Unable to change profile name on Minecraft Java edition

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to change profile name on Minecraft Java edition: I am writing to request assistance with a username change on my Minecraft Java account. Currently, my username is 'focusngl,' and I would like to change it to '.' However, during the change...
  6. unable to change xbox privacy settings

in XBoX Accessibility
    unable to change xbox privacy settings: Starting from https://account.microsoft.com/privacy?fref=home.drawers.privacy.privacy-dashboard&refd=account.microsoft.com on the "Privacy settings in our products" section clicking on the Xbox...
  7. MY HOME XBOX - Unable to save changes

in XBoX Accessibility
    MY HOME XBOX - Unable to save changes: hello I cant set my account "HOME" When 'set this console as home Xbox' it says that it is Unable to save changes I have 5/5 SWITCH LEFT, this is first time use my account on new XBOX SERIE X...
  8. Unable to purchase gift, attempted to change account!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to purchase gift, attempted to change account!: Reminder: Contact us at Microsoft support We' re having trouble processing your payment and we'd like to get it sorted out. f2979b08-6748-4c2b-bc48-45b8bd74a1e1
  9. Unable to get free Gamertag change

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to get free Gamertag change: Was told that “I updated my gamer tag” from 15 years ago. 15years that went unused by the way and that was where I used my 1 free gamer tag change. Although my old tag was not mentioned during...
  10. Unable to change Gamertag for free for the first time.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to change Gamertag for free for the first time.: Hello I’m trying to change my gamertag for the first time, apparently you can do this once for free. When I select my new name and confirm that I am told it’ll cost me £7.99 Not sure why, I’ve...