Unable to change/edit privacy settings

Discus and support Unable to change/edit privacy settings in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have been trying to change my privacy settings as i am attempting to use a client for Minecraft. But the system detects that i am using a child... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by IZVK, Dec 3, 2023.

1. IZVK
    IZVK Guest

I have been trying to change my privacy settings as i am attempting to use a client for Minecraft. But the system detects that i am using a child account and redirects me to the page stating that i am unable to change despite me being an adult. I have also checked the family safety and I am the only member in it.

Is there any other way to change my account to an adult one?

:)

IZVK, Dec 3, 2023
  2. Ava Thompson1 Win User

First of all, you need to check your personal information to ensure your birthdate is correct and reflects that you are over 18.

To do this, you need to sign in with your Microsoft account.

Once signed in, attempt to change your privacy settings from there.

Besides, Even though you mentioned being the only member in the family group, it's good to double-check.

Go to family.microsoft and ensure that your account is not listed as a child account in any family group.
  3. Jose Martinez_22 Win User

Hi Golololololol, my name is Jose, an independent advisor, and I am delighted to assist you.

Unfortunately, the answer to your question may vary depending on the specific platform you are using to access Minecraft and its associated security settings. Here are some general suggestions that could help you solve the problem:

Check Account Settings:

Make sure you have logged in with the correct account.
    Review privacy settings directly on the account, if possible, rather than through Minecraft.

Verify Age on the Account:

Confirm that the birthdate on your account is accurate and reflects your current age.

Contact Technical Support:

If, after reviewing the settings, you are unable to change the privacy settings, contact the technical support of the platform or service you are using for specific assistance.

Switch to an Adult Account:

In some cases, it may be necessary for the account to be registered as an adult account from the general platform settings rather than specific Minecraft settings.

Review Family Security Settings:

Make sure to review family security settings on the platform and ensure there are no additional restrictions.

Consider Creating a New Account:

If all other options fail, you might consider creating a new account with the appropriate age from the beginning.
    Remember that specific solutions may vary depending on the platform or service you are using, so it is advisable to consult the support documentation or contact customer service for personalized assistance.

If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are here to help.

Best regards,
    Jose.
  4. JEFFJEFF876 Win User

Cant sign into the official Xbox website

Same problem. I just paid to get age of empires 2 definitive edition and the game works but will not let me play multiplayer and my searches suggest I need to change privacy settings but I am unable to change privacy settings because it does not let me
  5. Ice DjKilla Win User

Unable to change a privacy setting

Try to change your privacy settings via your Xbox & Xbox.com, if neither work. Try MeanMachines suggested answer and see if that helps.

Im not sure that it would help, but you could always try clearing the cache, just incase, or uninstalling just the account profile and redownloading it.
  6. MeanMachine 47 Win User

Unable to change a privacy setting

Hi there, Grid.

Is there a sentence or is it simply just saying "Error"?

You could try a hard reset - hold down the console's power button for 8-10 seconds until the console powers off completely and you can see the orange light on the power supply unit. Leave the console off for a couple of minutes and then power it back on.
    Attempt to try and change your privacy settings again.
Thema:

1. Unable to change/edit privacy settings - Similar Threads - Unable change edit

2. My home xbox - Unable to save changes

in XBoX Accessibility
    My home xbox - Unable to save changes: hello I cant set my account "HOME" When 'set this console as home Xbox' it says that it is Unable to save changes I have 5/5 SWITCH LEFT, this is first time use my account on new XBOX SERIE X and...
  3. home Xbox' it says that it is Unable to save changes

in XBoX Accessibility
    home Xbox' it says that it is Unable to save changes: hello I cant set my account "HOME" When 'set this console as home Xbox' it says that it is Unable to save changes I have 5/5 SWITCH LEFT, this is first time use my account on new XBOX SERIE X and...
  4. Unable to change profile name on Minecraft Java edition

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to change profile name on Minecraft Java edition: I am writing to request assistance with a username change on my Minecraft Java account. Currently, my username is 'focusngl,' and I would like to change it to '.' However, during the change...
  5. unable to change xbox privacy settings

in XBoX Accessibility
    unable to change xbox privacy settings: Starting from https://account.microsoft.com/privacy?fref=home.drawers.privacy.privacy-dashboard&refd=account.microsoft.com on the "Privacy settings in our products" section clicking on the Xbox...
  6. MY HOME XBOX - Unable to save changes

in XBoX Accessibility
    MY HOME XBOX - Unable to save changes: hello I cant set my account "HOME" When 'set this console as home Xbox' it says that it is Unable to save changes I have 5/5 SWITCH LEFT, this is first time use my account on new XBOX SERIE X...
  7. Unable to purchase gift, attempted to change account!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to purchase gift, attempted to change account!: Reminder: Contact us at Microsoft support We' re having trouble processing your payment and we'd like to get it sorted out. f2979b08-6748-4c2b-bc48-45b8bd74a1e1
  8. Unable to get free Gamertag change

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to get free Gamertag change: Was told that “I updated my gamer tag” from 15 years ago. 15years that went unused by the way and that was where I used my 1 free gamer tag change. Although my old tag was not mentioned during...
  9. Unable to change Gamertag for free for the first time.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to change Gamertag for free for the first time.: Hello I’m trying to change my gamertag for the first time, apparently you can do this once for free. When I select my new name and confirm that I am told it’ll cost me £7.99 Not sure why, I’ve...
  10. Unable to change gamertag on website

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to change gamertag on website: Hi there, I'm having trouble changing my Gamertag by going to https://social.xbox.com/changegamertag. After I've signed in with OAuth it just shows the background screen and nothing else. (see...