Unable to change drive where new apps will save to (0x80070005)

Discus and support Unable to change drive where new apps will save to (0x80070005) in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Reposting here inside Xbox category because unsure if my question is ever gonna get answered, need more solutions since MS can't seem to post a working... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by HudsoN6262, Mar 31, 2021.

1. HudsoN6262
    HudsoN6262 Guest

HudsoN6262, Mar 31, 2021
  2. WelbyHU Win User

Cannot download the Xbox app on PC. Error code: 0x80070005

Error code i get is 0x80070005.

Cannot find WpSystem in my folders.

Tried to change 'where new content is saved' but C drive is the only place i could change it to.
  3. SammyVS Win User

Xbox Game app PC

go to settings>system>storage>change where new content is saved change drive and save. Go back to the store or app and see if it's now downloaded to the new drive
  4. SammyVS Win User

Halo The Master Chief Collection Download Bug

Sure. Go to settings>system>storage and click ''Change where new content is saved'' and change ''New apps will be saved to:'' and choose the drive
  5. BlueLava. Win User

Game not detected after reinstalling drive

I tried restarting, but I still had the issue.

I can't uninstall the game because it doesn't recognize that it is installed in the first place.

I get error code 0x80070005 when I try and change the install location of new apps, but there are only steps for the Xbox for this code.

I have administrator privileges.

I have 350 GB of space available on the drive.

I tried reinstalling Gaming Services but still get the error when trying to change the location where new apps are saved.
  6. DominumStige Win User

How do I make a custom install folder for Game Pass PC games?

Hi!

You can change the saving partition of apps (or other content) from: Settings->Storage->Change where new content is saved->Select your storage drive on "New Apps will save to".
Thema:

1. Unable to change drive where new apps will save to (0x80070005) - Similar Threads - Unable change drive

2. My home xbox - Unable to save changes

in XBoX Accessibility
    My home xbox - Unable to save changes: hello I cant set my account "HOME" When 'set this console as home Xbox' it says that it is Unable to save changes I have 5/5 SWITCH LEFT, this is first time use my account on new XBOX SERIE X and...
  3. home Xbox' it says that it is Unable to save changes

in XBoX Accessibility
    home Xbox' it says that it is Unable to save changes: hello I cant set my account "HOME" When 'set this console as home Xbox' it says that it is Unable to save changes I have 5/5 SWITCH LEFT, this is first time use my account on new XBOX SERIE X and...
  4. Unable to change/edit privacy settings

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to change/edit privacy settings: I have been trying to change my privacy settings as i am attempting to use a client for Minecraft. But the system detects that i am using a child account and redirects me to the page stating that...
  5. Unable to change profile name on Minecraft Java edition

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to change profile name on Minecraft Java edition: I am writing to request assistance with a username change on my Minecraft Java account. Currently, my username is 'focusngl,' and I would like to change it to '.' However, during the change...
  6. unable to change xbox privacy settings

in XBoX Accessibility
    unable to change xbox privacy settings: Starting from https://account.microsoft.com/privacy?fref=home.drawers.privacy.privacy-dashboard&refd=account.microsoft.com on the "Privacy settings in our products" section clicking on the Xbox...
  7. MY HOME XBOX - Unable to save changes

in XBoX Accessibility
    MY HOME XBOX - Unable to save changes: hello I cant set my account "HOME" When 'set this console as home Xbox' it says that it is Unable to save changes I have 5/5 SWITCH LEFT, this is first time use my account on new XBOX SERIE X...
  8. Unable to purchase gift, attempted to change account!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to purchase gift, attempted to change account!: Reminder: Contact us at Microsoft support We' re having trouble processing your payment and we'd like to get it sorted out. f2979b08-6748-4c2b-bc48-45b8bd74a1e1
  9. Unable to change Gamertag for free for the first time.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to change Gamertag for free for the first time.: Hello I’m trying to change my gamertag for the first time, apparently you can do this once for free. When I select my new name and confirm that I am told it’ll cost me £7.99 Not sure why, I’ve...
  10. I had my hard drive changed and since then I have been unable to install games on my PC...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I had my hard drive changed and since then I have been unable to install games on my PC...: I had my hard drive changed and since then I have been unable to install games on my PC game pass account due to "Administrator approval required for installation". As Xbox support is non-existent...