Unable to calibrate game controllers

Discus and support Unable to calibrate game controllers in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I need to re-calibrate my joystick for my PC game. However, the "Settings" tab for joystick calibration is missing inside Game controller settings,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by flap05, Dec 26, 2022.

1. flap05
    flap05 Guest

I need to re-calibrate my joystick for my PC game. However, the "Settings" tab for joystick calibration is missing inside Game controller settings, screenshot as attached. I have tried on all the tabs but no calibration option is available. I have even tried to hold Shift+Ctrl keys when clicking on "Properties" but it still doesn't work. As such, I am unable to find where I can calibrate my joystick. Why is this missing? Where else shall I go to calibrate my joystick in this case?

Specifications:

Windows 10 Home version 21H2

Processor: Intel Core i7-6700K CPU, 4.00GHz

Installed RAM: 16.0 GB

System type: 64-bit operating system, x64 based processor

Unable to calibrate game controllers [​IMG]

:)

flap05, Dec 26, 2022
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello flap05,

I suggest you also seek assistance from the controller developers themselves. They may be able to provide you additional guide or troubleshooting with this issue.
  3. Leonard_Y Win User

Hi,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Based on your description, it seems your unable to re-calibrate your Game Controller since the joystick calibration settings is missing. This may be due to outdated driver. Let's work on this together.

To better understand the situation, we would like to ask these questions, such as:

• What is your device complete make and model?
    • When did this issue started?
    • What specific process did your perform before this problem occur?
    So far, kindly try the methods below and let us know if it helps.

• Update Driver
    1. open Device Manager
    2. look for Sound, Video and Game Controllers
    3. right-click Cyborg X driver then hit Update Driver
    4. prompt will appear, hit Search automatically...
    5. Save your changes
    We may recommend some other method once we have an answer to our questions above.

Sincerely,

Leonardo_Y
  4. flap05 Win User

Hi Leonardo,

Thanks for your reply. Below are the answers for the questions asked:

Q: What is your device complete make and model?

A: Saitek Cyborg F.L.Y.5 Flight Stick

Q: When did this issue started?

A: Not sure. I discover this issue when my joystick recently not able to be centered sometimes and thus looking to a calibrate it.

Q: What specific process did your perform before this problem occur?

A: Nothing. My joystick used to function normally. Only recently it starts to have difficulty centering and when I am looking to calibrate it, I discover this problem.

In fact, I have tried to update the driver, but there is no "Update Driver" button when I right-click Cyborg X, please see below screenshot.

[​IMG]

I click on "Properties", but the "Update Driver" button blacks out and cannot be clicked on, please see screenshot below.

[​IMG]

However, Windows has determined that the best driver is already installed, as below screenshot:

[​IMG]

I clicked on "Search for updated drivers on Windows Update", it says everything is up to date, as below screenshot:

[​IMG]

That's my situation as above. The issue has not yet resolved. Is there any other solutions?
  5. Internet Expert Win User

Xbox One Controller on PC Help!

Perhaps the controller might need some calibration?

Assuming you're using Windows 10, try to find calibration settings for your controller in the hardware/device list.

Here's a guide with pictures:
    www.howtogeek.com/.../how-to-calibrate-your-gaming-controller-in-windows-10

NOTE: The above link uses an Xbox 360 controller with Windows 10. You may find the same or similar settings for the Xbox One controller.

Hope this helps!
  6. XBF-Spartan Win User

Game Controllers Input

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for your reply. Is there any calibration software that came with your controllers by chance? If not, are you able to attempt to calibrate the controllers within the game you are using them in?
Thema:

1. Unable to calibrate game controllers - Similar Threads - Unable calibrate game

2. Since the update on April 10th/11th, unable to record any game clips

in XBoX on Consoles
    Since the update on April 10th/11th, unable to record any game clips: Hi, Since update 10.0.25398.4086 (xb_flt_2404zn.240402-1830), my Xbox One is not able to record anything. [Description of how it looks] When I try to record, sometimes I get a pop up saying...
  3. Unable to connect to Xbox live through backwards compatibility.

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to connect to Xbox live through backwards compatibility.: As the title reads, I’m unable to connect to Xbox live through backwards compatibility through Xbox 360. The issue started yesterday and I just thought the servers were down but it turns out it...
  4. Unable to start Xbox app on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to start Xbox app on PC: Greetings! Since roughly 2 weeks ago I am unable to start the Xbox PC app and thus unable to access any games through my gamepass. The problem shown is the following: Upon starting up the Xbox...
  5. On the Xbox app I have this error "0x80070426" which makes it unable for me to update the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    On the Xbox app I have this error "0x80070426" which makes it unable for me to update the...: [img] I have tried reinstalling the Xbox app, Gaming services and even the Microsoft Store. The only windows update I need is the 2024-01 Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based...
  6. why am i unable to right click on games?

in XBoX on Windows
    why am i unable to right click on games?: so before this issue, i was trying to fix the game bar not running in background and then shortcuts not working. but after i fixed them suddenly whenever i right click on a game in my game library...
  7. Unable to access audio settings

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to access audio settings: So I just connected my razer nari ultimate to my xbox series s and im unable to access my audio settings (mic monitoring, headset chat mixer and headset volume) and I was just wondering if there's...
  8. Xbox unable to connect to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox unable to connect to internet: I have a xbox 360 with me and I have been trying to connect to xbox live for past couple of months but have failed miserably. It is showing ICMP error each time I try and connect and have no clue...
  9. Unabl to connect withe the showr

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unabl to connect withe the showr: I am connected think internet but I can't connect to Xbox Live a4ab5347-082b-4647-98f3-18bb62387b21
  10. Unable to log in. Error 0x89235107

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to log in. Error 0x89235107: After searching as far as possible on the internet about the error, I could not fix the problem with XBOX login on PC. I cannot launch any game I have installed. Please, help...