Unable to add second account to XBOX One S after factory reset..

Discus and support Unable to add second account to XBOX One S after factory reset.. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Xbox One S wouldn’t allow me to log in, did all the trouble shooting power down, update, soft reset, hard reset, factory restore. Was able to add the... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Tina0913, May 28, 2023.

1. Tina0913
    Tina0913 Guest

Xbox One S wouldn’t allow me to log in, did all the trouble shooting power down, update, soft reset, hard reset, factory restore. Was able to add the primary acct using the Xbox app on cellphone but still can’t add our second child account. Shows good internet connection and customer support was not helpful. This Xbox is I only 3 yrs old and is not used excessively. Please help!

:)

Tina0913, May 28, 2023
  2. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Hey there!

Nice to meet you! I'm Darhyl, a fellow gamer. I'm sorry you are experiencing this. I am here to help.

If I may ask, may I know what did the customer support told you about the issue?

Also, may I have the exact error message upon attempting to log in to your second account on your Xbox console?

I also want to confirm, are you able to log in to your second account on account.microsoft.com on web browser using a different device?
  3. Hoskayra Win User

Xbox One S can’t add account after partial factory reset

Hello, Coby my name is Oskayra I am an independent advisor and player like you I hope I can help solve your problem today

It's frustrating to be unable to sign back into your Xbox One S after performing a partial factory reset. Here are some suggestions that might help you resolve the issue:

Network Issues:

Sometimes, network connectivity issues can interfere with account sign-in processes.
    Power cycle your network router and modem.

Unplug both devices from the power outlet.
    Wait for 30 seconds.
    Plug them back in and wait for them to fully boot up.

Connect your Xbox One S directly to your router via Ethernet cable. This can provide a more stable connection compared to Wi-Fi.

Check your internet connection speed. Ensure you have sufficient bandwidth for online functions.

Offline Update:

While you mentioned not having access to a computer, consider checking if you have any friends or family who can help you create a bootable USB drive for offline update.

The offline update can potentially address software issues that might be causing the sign-in problem.

You can find instructions for creating the offline update USB drive on the official Microsoft website:

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/offline-system-update

Account Issues:

Verify that your Microsoft account details are correct and haven't been changed or compromised.

Try logging in to your Microsoft account using a web browser or another device.
    If you encounter any issues with your account, contact Microsoft Support for assistance.

Hard Reset:

If the above suggestions don't work, consider performing a hard reset on your Xbox One S.
    Note: This will erase all data and games from your console, so be sure to back up any important data beforehand.

To perform a hard reset, follow these steps:
    Turn off your Xbox One S.
    Press and hold the Bind and Eject buttons simultaneously.

While holding both buttons, press and hold the Power button for 10 seconds.
    Listen for two power-up tones. Release the buttons after the second tone.
    Your Xbox One S will boot to the initial setup screen.

Follow the on-screen instructions to set up your console and add your account.

Additional Tips:

Ensure your Xbox One S is running the latest software update.

Check the Xbox Live service status website for any known outages or maintenance periods that might be affecting sign-in functionality.

Try creating a new Xbox account and see if you can sign in with that. This can help isolate the issue to your specific account.

I really hope your problem has been fixed with my help, if it works let me know and have a nice day. Oskayra
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

I can't add my account back!!!

Hello Kastaway,

Thanks for coming to the Xbox forums. We recommend first going to settings>account>remove account and see if you see the account there. If it isn't try a

power cycle
    on the console. Once its back on then try and add the account. If still unable we recommend a

soft factory reset

Thanks,

Brad
  5. Rostom L Win User

Does reset and keep my games and apps get rid of accounts?

Hi there!

Yes, doing a factory reset remove your accounts & settings and home Xbox associations also known as game sharing. You will have to manually add your accounts and setup home Xbox again after a factory reset.
  6. AridLizard Win User

xbox one wont let me add my account back to the xbox

Thema:

1. Unable to add second account to XBOX One S after factory reset.. - Similar Threads - Unable add second

2. I am unable to add UPI as Payment Method

in XBoX on Windows
    I am unable to add UPI as Payment Method: Hello, recently I bought an Xbox Game Pass and used UPI as the payment method. However, to my surprise, on the day of its renewal, my UPI account was automatically deleted, and now I am unable to...
  3. Unable to add xbox friend as EA friend in FC24

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to add xbox friend as EA friend in FC24: I’ve got 2 XBOX series X for my 2 sons both with Xbox Series X/S version of FC24 installed. They are in same room and both connected online. Both are using family accounts on Xbox and both have...
  4. Unable to add new account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to add new account: Hi there. Will appreciate any help. Trying to create a new account on a new xbox series x. After clicking “add new” a white spinning wheel appears and after some time takes back to the home...
  5. I am unable to add or communicate with friends despite having the correct online privacy...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I am unable to add or communicate with friends despite having the correct online privacy...: I am unable to add any friends at all on xbox x, pc, or cell phone app. I can't message or join parties either despite the proper settings. 4eebcb82-bf07-4041-ac93-0d2ad44f1391
  6. i am unable to add my card on my new account although its working on my old account it say...

in XBoX Accessibility
    i am unable to add my card on my new account although its working on my old account it say...: i am unable to add my card on my new account although its working on my old account it say check the info it doesn't match this card but i have been trying since 2 hours...
  7. 0/8 strikes, unable to 'keep' friends from console, and xbox.com 'add' does nothing

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    0/8 strikes, unable to 'keep' friends from console, and xbox.com 'add' does nothing: so i have an account with MSFT. xbox and whatnot. my ability to add new friends i meet is not happening. this is the behavior: • add them via xbox console: they appear for ~30 minutes, then...
  8. Unable to add back my kid’s account to Family safety account t

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to add back my kid’s account to Family safety account t: Dear support team, I am facing two issues currently: Firstly, I cannot add my kid’s account back to the Family Safety Account and the system showed me to ask the support team for help. The...
  9. Unable to add steam friends?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Unable to add steam friends?: How do I add Xbox friends so I can cross play games like civ and remnant? My Xbox friend says he is unable to find my steam name to add me even though he linked his steam account to his Xbox. Do I...
  10. Unable to add my account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to add my account.: Series X, unable to add account. Done all the necessary reboots, have cleaned it and still nothing. Appears to load then just stops. 74c2ba1f-ab4f-46bd-9d8c-5ab6d73757de